How to view 1 night room rates/prices for whole week or month ?

Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
How to view 1 night room rates/prices for whole week or month ?

I'm quite flexible with my travel dates and often search hotels based on the lowest 1 night rate in any given week/month.
Do any of the IHG hotel brands have a facility on their websites to view room prices over the course of a week or month, without having to look up each different date one by one ?

I'm taking about 1 night stays here.

Most other hotel chains have a method on their website to view the price of a single night over the course of a week or month on a single page. Hilton, Accor, and Marriott Bonvoy all have this and I use it often...but for IHG hotels I seem to have to look up each single night individually.

Or is it there and I'm missing it somehow ?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:33 am

Programs: HH Dia, IHG Dia Amb, MB Ti, WoH G, OWE
Presumably the rooms at preferred hotel are available on your traveling date, the nightly room rate is always there and can be viewed under "Rate Details".
Old Jan 25, 2019, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
There is no monthly or weekly view of the cheapest rates at a given hotel or city. It is probably deliberate to avoid situations such as the OP's.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
The only way I've figured out a way to do this is start by making a (dummy) booking for 30 days. When the next screen comes up, click on the rate and it displays the price for each night or pairs of nights. Then, of course, back out of it, don't hit the confirm button! This doesn't work on the app (which only shows one dollar amount, average nightly rate), you have to do it on the IHG website.
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
There is no monthly or weekly view of the cheapest rates at a given hotel or city. It is probably deliberate to avoid situations such as the OP's.

Hilton, Accor and Marriott Bonvoy all offer this feature on their websites.
IHG is losing to the competition by not offering weekly or monthly views of nightly room rates.
But then again, they have been reducing so many member benefits and lowering customer service for years now, so I'm not surprised.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Steph58
The only way I've figured out a way to do this is start by making a (dummy) booking for 30 days. When the next screen comes up, click on the rate and it displays the price for each night or pairs of nights. Then, of course, back out of it, don't hit the confirm button! This doesn't work on the app (which only shows one dollar amount, average nightly rate), you have to do it on the IHG website.

Very smart Steph58 !
This is an interesting back door method of doing this, and I will try definitely test this to see if it works.
If I find it does work without too many errors or variables, I will use it from now going forward to find the cheapest 1 night rate within a week or month.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 5:53 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

In the Hilton forum, it has been reported that the charge for a specific night can vary depending on the other nights in the reservation (at Hilton properties, of course). As an example, the cost for the night of Feb 14 could be different for reservations for Feb 11-14, 12-14, 13-14, and 14. (I have not seen this, but I have not looked for it.) When you test the reservation for 30 days, est-gratuite, you might want to test reservations of other durations. If you do, please report your results.
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by serpens
In the Hilton forum, it has been reported that the charge for a specific night can vary depending on the other nights in the reservation (at Hilton properties, of course). As an example, the cost for the night of Feb 14 could be different for reservations for Feb 11-14, 12-14, 13-14, and 14. (I have not seen this, but I have not looked for it.) When you test the reservation for 30 days, est-gratuite, you might want to test reservations of other durations. If you do, please report your results.
Thanks for the tip Serpens.
I am a Hilton member, and have noticed this as well on the Hilton website. The price for a 1 particular night there can vary depending on how many nights are added onto it.

I will take this nuance into consideration when using the IHG website, and will try to play around with the dates by adding 1 or 2 nights before or after the cheapest night, to see if it makes any difference. However, from what I have experienced in the many years I have used IHG, they don't usually give you a lower rate if you book more than 1 night, unless there's some multi night promotion, which is rare.

There used to be a great 2 nights for the price of 1 rate back when IHG was called priority club, but I have't seen that rate code work in many years.
I miss those days.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.