Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IHG 1Q 2019 Multi Brand Promo (15 JAN - 30 APR) - registration open

Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
A new year and a new IHG promotion. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

For a task that says 'Stay X number of times at a Holiday Inn Express' (or Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, etc.) each stay must be at a different property for it to fully credit rather than staying at the same property multiple times.

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

'Redeem points' award nights only count for the 'redeem points' task and no other tasks. (example- an award night does not count toward 'Stay X number of nights')

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/multibrand2019
Print Wikipost

IHG 1Q 2019 Multi Brand Promo (15 JAN - 30 APR) - registration open

Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:30 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I envy your guys who have completion bonus!!!!
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:05 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Very uninspiring for me:
Double points starting with second stay
Earn 3000 bonus for a stay in February
(and that's it)
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:12 am

Mine
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:17 am

Programs: NZ
I registered for the promo and everything is fine (except for showing the end date of 15 March as others have noted - presumably an error). Unfortunately I didn't take a screen shot of my offers and now I can find no way of finding out what they are. Any suggestions? Maybe I am missing something simple!
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:31 am

Programs: Lowly CX & IHG
Originally Posted by PM777
What expiry is everyone getting? Im UK based and mine is only to 15th March
Greater China based (though registered through US page), same T&C till Apr 30 and 70 days left. Chinese version shows exactly the same info.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:37 am

The weekend bonus says that it can't be combined with any other offers. Does anyone know from past experience if this means that the nights don't also count toward, for example, a total nights requirement, or is it addressing offers outside of this promotion, or both?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I think I can safely give this one a miss. I can't stay two nights at weekends and I'm not inspired by the other offers, not to mention I have no intention of spending 8 nights in IHG hotels this quarter. Hilton gets the business, as I had more or less decided!

12,000 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 8 night(s) and earn 12,000 bonus points.

8,400 Saturday Stays Bonus
Stay 2 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 8,400 bonus points.

5,600 Stay at 6 IHG Hotels
Stay at 6 IHG hotel(s) and earn 5,600 bonus points.

6,600 Earn More, Faster
Earn 6,600 bonus points when you book 2 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster.

16,300 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 4 of the 5 offers and earn (an additional) 16,300 bonus points.

2,000 February Bonus Offer
Stay once in February and get 2,000 bonus points.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
IHG really wants to get rid of me as a customer - double points + 1 Feb stay. Wondering if that's due to continental Europe address... Might have to suck up moving my account back to UK or US and deal with the unachievable credit card target..
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:59 am

First time I got a nice offer. I should be able to get ~30,000 points with 2 one-night stays at 2 different brands, ~36,000 if booking bonus point packages.

8,000Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 4 night(s) and earn 8,000 bonus points.

24,000Discover Our Brands
Stay at 2 brands and get 24,000 bonus points.

5,600Stay at 2 IHG Hotels
Stay at 2 IHG hotel(s) and earn 5,600 bonus points.

6,600Earn More, Faster
Earn 6,600 bonus points when you book 2 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster.

4,000Stay a Little Longer
Earn 4,000 bonus points when you book 1 stay(s) of 4 or more consecutive nights.

Old Jan 3, 2019, 5:09 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:36 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler

A lot of points but the Bonus Point Packages and Saturday Stay Bonus tasks are deal breakers for me. Neither fits into my business travel patterns and I don't expect to do enough leisure travel during the promo to cover them either. Requiring all 6 tasks to get the achievement bonus and only going though 3/15 are just icing on the cake. I will give this promo a pass.

--Jon
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:53 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jon Maiman
A lot of points but the Bonus Point Packages and Saturday Stay Bonus tasks are deal breakers for me. Neither fits into my business travel patterns and I don't expect to do enough leisure travel during the promo to cover them either. Requiring all 6 tasks to get the achievement bonus and only going though 3/15 are just icing on the cake. I will give this promo a pass.

--Jon
I think there is a mistake in the promo. It will last until 30th April. If you can fit in 6 stay during this period with your business travel with 4 brands at 6 different hotels you will get a minimum of 56,400 points. That is average 9,400 per night if you plan wisely. I still think you should aim to meet 6 stays at corporate rate, with 4 brands and 6 different hotels, which would give you enough return without worry about the rest.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:00 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
I just registered.

But they want me to stay 5 weekends - will not happen...

Will probably get some 40k points and this is it...
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:32 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
18,000 for 9 nights. Yes, I’ll do that!
6,600 for 2x Bonus Points stays. I need them to get to Spire each year, so yes, I’ll do that too
25,600 for 5 brands. Tough in U.K., but I do have a stay at the Uks only voco coming up, so I’ll stretch to do this
5,600 for 2x Weekend inc Saturday stays. 1 is likely, but 2, less so. Pretty unlikely to get this one
4,000 for a 4-night stay. Not happening!

By the looks of this I’ll make the first 3 offers for 50,200 bonus points by changing to one Staybridge night which is really the only change I’ll need to make to my normal stay pattern. Pretty tasty for only that adjustment!

Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:07 am

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Will be giving this a pass and focus on Hilton. My offer is:

1k for the app
2k for 4 nights (will achieve this on a prepaid)
3k for two brands
4k for 3 weekend stays
10k bonus for completing 3
20k bonus for completing 4

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.