FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   InterContinental Maldives Maamunagau Resort Master Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1941454-intercontinental-maldives-maamunagau-resort-master-thread.html)

Hannibal Lecter Apr 14, 2019 11:49 am

InterContinental Maldives Maamunagau Resort Master Thread

Originally Posted by enox5 (Post 30999210)
I have a couple of questions to the great and the good of the FT community:

- How much are the transfers to the property from Male airport. I have tried to find this information, but not had any luck
- Has anyone had any luck making a redemption booking at the property? I cannot see availability on any date

Seaplane Round Trip CostUSD 580++ per adult USD 290++ per child (4 -12 years of age).
Infants under 2 years free of charge, provided no seats are required.

OPENING SOON!InterContinental Maldives Maamunagau Resort is now accepting reservations for stays beginning 01 October 2019. Enjoy up to 20% off our rates.

at a different page it says
Opening on 1st September 2019InterContinental Maldives Maamunagau Resort is now accepting reservations from stays beginning 1 September 2019

https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...mm/hoteldetail

336 Apr 14, 2019 11:53 am

Lol. So getting there from the airport costs well over 1000 USD. Actually closer to 2k for a small family.

Sure is a good warning sign for f&b prices on the property.

Land-of-Miles Apr 14, 2019 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by 336 (Post 30999479)
Lol. So getting there from the airport costs well over 1000 USD. Actually closer to 2k for a small family.

This is pretty normal (in fact slightly on the low end) for the Maldives

It isn't ever going to be a free stay in fact several of my most expensive "free stays" ever took place at properties in the Maldives beginning with a hotel redemption booking.

I personally think the value is good in the Maldives when everything is considered but if price is your main focus it isn't the place for you.

enox5 Apr 14, 2019 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by 336 (Post 30999479)

Transfer costs are something of a racket in the Maldives, similar to 'resort fees' in New York and Vegas

Hawkeyefan Apr 14, 2019 3:38 pm

No reward night openings anywhere on the calendar as of yet....

rebadc Apr 15, 2019 1:19 pm

From the website

Seaplane Round Trip CostUSD 580++ per adult USD 290++ per child (4 -12 years of age).

What about a 3 year old?

UA Fan Apr 15, 2019 2:26 pm

Anyone know how many points this would need?

jjakobv84 Apr 15, 2019 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by rebadc (Post 31003394)
From the website

What about a 3 year old?

Not sure why they write it like that, but I can guarantee you anyone above 2 is going to be $290++ -- rates aren't set by the hotel, but by the airline

helvetic Apr 15, 2019 6:34 pm

Anyone ever tried getting their own transportation to the resort?

I have heard of people only paying half for transportation when only using one way (and staying at a different resort after).

alanslegal Apr 16, 2019 11:29 pm

If the seaplane round trip of US$580++ seems crazy, then go over the the Waldorf Astoria Maldives threads where it is US$740++ round trip for boat transfer, that is 30 minutes each way. Some were lucky enough (myself included) where the hotel agreed to allow US$370++ return due to a pricing error from their end.

Hannibal Lecter May 12, 2019 8:22 am

Have they released any rewards nights yet?

enox5 May 12, 2019 8:32 am

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter (Post 31093022)
Have they released any rewards nights yet?

I second this question!

nufnuf77 May 13, 2019 6:08 am

If i am plannign multiple resorts (IC and Conrad) how do i avoid paying transfer both ways - ideally i dont want to go via Male again!

336 May 13, 2019 6:21 am

Originally Posted by enox5 (Post 31093052)
I second this question!

I wouldn't hold my breath. They are most likely waiting for the switch to variable award pricing, so they can charge accordingly to the price tag.

jjakobv84 May 13, 2019 7:44 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77 (Post 31095859)
If i am plannign multiple resorts (IC and Conrad) how do i avoid paying transfer both ways - ideally i dont want to go via Male again!

Pick resorts close to each other and the hotels can surely coordinate and arrange with one of their speedboats at whatever rate the hotel usually charges for it... If you're transferring to a hotel further away, the only option to not go through Male would probably be to private charter a seaplane... a costly choice for sure!