Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Indigo Orange Beach

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2018, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,

Hotel Indigo Orange Beach - Gulf Shores

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

22843 Perdido Beach Blvd. Orange Beach, AL US 36561

Hotel Indigo Orange Beach (1 Photo)

Room

Staying on a PointsBreak award at 15K per night (hotel is normally 30K).  Besides standard rooms, awards can also be booked for the (non-balcony) suites.  I had booked a King Suite / Beach View, and was given a top floor room (my standing request).

The room was a true suite, with separate bedroom and living room.  Both rooms were on the large side, as was the bathroom.  The living room had a sleeper sofa, and also a drybar area with a K-cup coffee maker and mini-fridge.  No sink there, though, which would have been convenient. 

The view of the gulf (below) is a bit distant, across the street and past several houses. The other side of the hotel faces the state park, which is a large expanse of natural greenery;  some may find that view more relaxing tham the beach view rooms.

IMG_20180922_090126695[1].jpg 

The location is the hotel's weakness, as it's located on the wrong side of the highway.  As a result, there's no direct beach access.  There's no crosswalk by the hotel, and apparently the beaches across the street are private.  

The state park beach pavilion is about a half mile away.  There's a small fee for parking there, or the hotel offers a free on-demand shuttle for the 2 minute ride.  That beach is nice, good sand and water, and the pavilion offers bathrooms, showers, and (summer months only) a snack bar.

Though the shuttle was convenient enough, I greatly prefer being able to walk out the hotel door and onto the beach.  I suppose that's why the nearby Holiday Inn gets 40K/night.

Amenities

The hotel has a bar just off the lobby, and a second bar (open summer weekends) located outside in the pool area.  The pool area was surprisingly nice.  The pool looked larger in person than in the photos on the hotel website.  The pool fence blocks the view of the road, along with most of the noise.  And perhaps because the pool is on the side of the hotel, with no rooms facing it, the pool hours (closing at 10 pm) didn't seem to be enforced.  We brought down an adult beverage and quietly enjoyed the late evening breezes;  some other guests were using the hot tob, also unbothered.

Would you like to write a review on the Hotel Indigo Orange Beach - Gulf Shores?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Sep 29, 2018, 7:03 pm

Programs: IHG spire ambassador, SPG/Marriott Gold(new plat), Virgin Atlantic
That review is very spot on, especially about size of suite as it is very spacious with true living room area. I was in area this weekend for my wife's friend's wedding and wasn't really expecting much from this local but I was very pleasantly suprised! It is a very nice place, modern with cool beachy farm vibe, it is not beach front but still beautiful view of gulf from window. Very friendly staff and nice little coffee sandwich shop on site that is convenient. Also really nice sort of upscale feeling but not pretentious pool area, and the firepit area looked like nice place to relax while enjoy time friends, family & loved ones.
If need to return to area I would stay again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.