Wiki Posts
Search

Do you get the 25,000 bonus points every year as a Spire member

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2018, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Do you get the 25,000 bonus points every year as a Spire member

My Spire is set to expire at the end of the month, and I did not qualify again. However, I did renew my ambassador, which also appears to have extended my Spire for another year. Will I get the 25,000 points again?
Old Sep 17, 2018, 11:03 pm
alc

Originally Posted by Super Mario
My Spire is set to expire at the end of the month, and I did not qualify again. However, I did renew my ambassador, which also appears to have extended my Spire for another year. Will I get the 25,000 points again?
I didn't get the choice of 25K or Plat Status for a friend last year nor I got it this year when I renew last month. But please do report back if you do get it
Old Sep 18, 2018, 1:07 am

Pretty sure the glitch reactivating status is still there when renewing AMB but you only get the 25k if you physically achieve the status.

Last edited by chrism20; Sep 18, 2018 at 1:30 am
Old Sep 18, 2018, 4:54 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
No option for 25k or Plat gift if you do not actually re-earn spire
Old Sep 19, 2018, 12:15 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I don't follow here. "expire at the end of the month", now it is september and Spire membership at IHG runs through calender year so how come your membership would expire in september and not december?
Old Sep 19, 2018, 12:19 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by FFlash
I don't follow here. "expire at the end of the month", now it is september and Spire membership at IHG runs through calender year so how come your membership would expire in september and not december?
Most likely the OP Ambassador status expires then easy to confuse the two
Old Sep 19, 2018, 5:05 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by alc
I didn't get the choice of 25K or Plat Status for a friend last year nor I got it this year when I renew last month. But please do report back if you do get it
They don't tell you about the 25k bonus any more but it's still there if you look for it.

From memory click on 'Spire Elite' then 'Explore Your Benefits' in your online IHG account and you should be able to claim them - mine are all there from 2015 to 2018
Old Sep 19, 2018, 5:07 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FFlash
Agree, I wasn't following OP either.
My Ambassador expires end of April 2019; I may miss achieving Spire by 5K points or so--hard to figure at this point. Also what happens if/when IHG credit card elite qualifying points post incorrectly for stays late in the year as they have been doing for me (i.e.,1 point per $1). Have to contact Chase and it takes another month for them to post the additional points. What if they don't post until January/February . . .

If renewing Ambassador renews Spire, I won't worry about getting every possible point by Dec 31. But seems like OP won't know until Jan.1 if renewing Ambassador in Sept did, in fact, extend Spire status.through 2019.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 3:36 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Steph58
Agree, I wasn't following OP either.
My Ambassador expires end of April 2019; I may miss achieving Spire by 5K points or so--hard to figure at this point. Also what happens if/when IHG credit card elite qualifying points post incorrectly for stays late in the year as they have been doing for me (i.e.,1 point per $1). Have to contact Chase and it takes another month for them to post the additional points. What if they don't post until January/February . . .

If renewing Ambassador renews Spire, I won't worry about getting every possible point by Dec 31. But seems like OP won't know until Jan.1 if renewing Ambassador in Sept did, in fact, extend Spire status.through 2019.
Pretty sure renewing AMB only gets you Platinum but may be wrong.

Certainly wouldn't take the chance and would be doing a 5k bonus points stay if required as those all count
Old Sep 28, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Bloobell
Pretty sure renewing AMB only gets you Platinum but may be wrong.

Certainly wouldn't take the chance and would be doing a 5k bonus points stay if required as those all count
known issue/unintended-benefit of IHG I.T.

If you are xxx elite with Plat or Spire Elite Status ending on 1st Jan due to not hitting needed 40k4/40nights or 75k/75nights, buying Ambassador status/renewal (eg Nov/dec months) extends ones Plat/Spire status for duration of that newly purchased 12month Amb membership period, fo almost 1year AND seems to be repeatable 'bug' on subsequent Amb renewals in protecting/extending elite status at thae time b 12months, as long as one extends Amb before expiry
Old May 20, 2020, 8:20 am

Hijacking this old thread vs starting another! I earned Spire 5 & 4 years ago, received one hit of the 25k bonus after first earning, and haven’t since (regularly check). I’ve actually retained Spire up until now for reasons unknown. I’m now about to re-earn Spire via Credit Card spend, and I see additionally its being extended. Surely I’ll be entitled to a another 25k now, would I still have any grounds to reach out for year 4 where it was never offered? Appreciate this is very much A first world issue right now.
Old May 24, 2020, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by pazza2000
Hijacking this old thread vs starting another! I earned Spire 5 & 4 years ago, received one hit of the 25k bonus after first earning, and haven’t since (regularly check). I’ve actually retained Spire up until now for reasons unknown. I’m now about to re-earn Spire via Credit Card spend, and I see additionally its being extended. Surely I’ll be entitled to a another 25k now, would I still have any grounds to reach out for year 4 where it was never offered? Appreciate this is very much A first world issue right now.
Any thoughts? (maybe this is the wrong thread to have asked in)
Old May 24, 2020, 5:15 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
The last time I earned Spire, the usual way, was 2016. Since then renewing my AMB renewed Spire, but didn't result in getting the 25k, until this past year. Who knows why?
Old May 24, 2020, 10:06 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
There was a change made after the first year of Spire where gifted Spire members did not receive the 25K. However, if you retained Spire by earning it, then they paid the 25K.

There is the exception this year, which is a one off, where they are extending Spire and giving the 25K.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old May 24, 2020, 3:54 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
I made Spire in Feb this year (with RA) and got the 25k bonus. As they made my expiry 31.12.22 then I guess I will not be getting the bonus again as I doubt that they will further extend my Spire, RA has been extended

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.