Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Accelerate promo for Q3

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:23 am
Original Poster

No Accelerate promo for Q3

As August draws to a close, are we getting a new Accelerate promo starting 1 September? If not, I guess I might as well book my upcoming stays elsewhere...
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:37 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
There never is, normally they launch another one in late September, which lasts until 31 December
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by puchong
As August draws to a close, are we getting a new Accelerate promo starting 1 September? If not, I guess I might as well book my upcoming stays elsewhere...
That would be Q4, as Q3 is drawing to a close.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:15 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Bloobell
There never is, normally they launch another one in late September, which lasts until 31 December
From memory
2017 was 1st Sep - 15th Dec - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...-december.html
2016 was Sep - 31st Dec - ??? inconsistant thread names! ... each person creating the thread ie accelerate, 3Q, Q3 etc
2015 was 1st Sep - 31st Dec - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...on-2015-a.html
Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:18 am

I would guess that with the promotion " Up to 5Kpoint from second stay and up to 30%off" running until September 16th that we will not see a new offer until then. Then the new offer probably will run through the end of the year.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by stillontheroad
I would guess that with the promotion " Up to 5Kpoint from second stay and up to 30%off" running until September 16th that we will not see a new offer until then. Then the new offer probably will run through the end of the year.
Being as that is a USA only promotion, the rest of the world are rapidly moving stays away from IHG. I am only staying in IC's at the moment so I renew my RA. The rest has gone to other chains.
remymartin and Sisyphus1carus like this.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: Aadvantage
The promotions are apparently not quarterly. I mistakenly assumed this too. Many blogs write them up as "Q2 / Q4" etc promotion, but that's inaccurate

Doctor of Credit has a good writeup on it
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/is-ih...r-for-q3-2018/

I'd hope to see something by September 1st
Old Aug 27, 2018, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by spark911
The promotions are apparently not quarterly. I mistakenly assumed this too. Many blogs write them up as "Q2 / Q4" etc promotion, but that's inaccurate

Doctor of Credit has a good writeup on it
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/is-ih...r-for-q3-2018/

I'd hope to see something by September 1st
So would I, but as nothing has been said yet then perhaps mid September is more realistic.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by spark911
It's not just the bloggers. IHG itself uses the quarter as part of the promo URL.

The last one has this web address:
www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q2accelerate2018
Old Aug 27, 2018, 1:42 pm

The main promotion has mainly been in thirds rather than quarters for a good few years now.

It's worth remembering that IHG have form for starting and finishing promotions on random dates as opposed to the first or last day of a month so if there is to be a promotion it may not necessarily start on September 1st.

Over the last four years one has started on September 4th (2014) and another September 6th (2016) and IIRC one of those also wasn't announced until two days before.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chrism20
The main promotion has mainly been in thirds rather than quarters for a good few years now.

It's worth remembering that IHG have form for starting and finishing promotions on random dates as opposed to the first or last day of a month so if there is to be a promotion it may not necessarily start on September 1st.

Over the last four years one has started on September 4th (2014) and another September 6th (2016) and IIRC one of those also wasn't announced until two days before.
There's a US-only promo running until 16 September. IHG have probably decided they don't need to overlap.

However Q2 lasted three months, not four.

Originally Posted by Bloobell
Whenever someone says "never", they're usually wrong, as others have mentioned.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 9:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
I certainly hope one starts up in September. I just blew through a crap ton of points. I'm also holding off on renewing ambassador.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 11:29 pm

As someone that stays in 4 hotels a week, this USA based 2,000 bonus points per stay almost equals the accelerate for me! For people that stay a lot the accelerate are almost impossible to reach sometimes! For this 2,000 extra bonus points I may be getting close to 30,000 bonus points for this stay! Really no different between this and accelerate for me!
Old Aug 28, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Marriott15
As someone that stays in 4 hotels a week, this USA based 2,000 bonus points per stay almost equals the accelerate for me! For people that stay a lot the accelerate are almost impossible to reach sometimes! For this 2,000 extra bonus points I may be getting close to 30,000 bonus points for this stay! Really no different between this and accelerate for me!
That's good that it is working for you. It is different for everyone. Accelerate tends to stack through corporate travel portal booked stays. The current offer does not.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 11:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Didn't envision having anything to contribute because I'm of the mindset that it will happen when it happens. That is until today when I received an email about the 20-30% end of summer savings. Book by Sept. 16, nonrefundable. Surprised to find this to be a really good deal for a property I'm staying at in October. Will be annoyed if one of the Accelerate tasks requires booking within the dates of Accelerate (assuming there is an Accelerate). Does anyone know on these 20-30% deals if there's a limited number of rooms or if the rate exists as long as available rooms exist?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.