FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   IC San Diego Master Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1919927-ic-san-diego-master-thread.html)

Traveler Dave Jul 14, 2018 5:29 pm

IC San Diego Master Thread

I know they are not open yet, but they are taking reservations. Anyone found points, Ambassador Weeekend or Chase free night space available. Have looked and I can can’t find any for the first couple months they are open.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong.

Dave

Nagoyaboy Jul 15, 2018 5:41 pm

Same Here

I've also noticed no award nights on the calendar. I read in another thread that the calendar is not always accurate and may not show availability when award rooms are actually available. That said, I have not been able to find award nights in December 2018 running one night searches.

Fanjet Jul 16, 2018 1:46 am

Pre-opening hotels using don't load all of the rates in the system that far in advance. And tend to keep it to regualr rates. Mainly because opening dates often get pushed back due to delays. Things like advance-purchase rates can become a headache for them if that happens.

seat38a Jul 16, 2018 3:56 pm

I noticed that they are not selling rooms with club access. The resort fee offers a 25 dollar discount to access the club.

Fanjet Jul 17, 2018 12:09 am

Originally Posted by seat38a (Post 29980710)
I noticed that they are not selling rooms with club access. The resort fee offers a 25 dollar discount to access the club.

This hotel will be charging a resort fee? Seriously??? :rolleyes:

seat38a Jul 17, 2018 10:49 am

Originally Posted by Fanjet (Post 29981928)
This hotel will be charging a resort fee? Seriously??? :rolleyes:

"Amenity Fee" is how it is listed.

Fanjet Jul 18, 2018 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by seat38a (Post 29983621)
"Amenity Fee" is how it is listed.

I looked at what this fee was for. Wireless internet and pool access. And two free drinks at the bar (which can only be used for one drink per person :rolleyes:)

This is rediculous. Does the new IC in downtown LA even do this? If a hotel wants to charge these types of fee, fine. But they should not be mandatory, and the guest should be given the option to opt-out. Otherwise, it should just be the published nightly rate. It would be like airlines charging a mandatory fee for an advance seat assignment versus charging a fee for someone who wants an advance seat assignment.

seat38a Jul 18, 2018 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by Fanjet (Post 29988924)
I looked at what this fee was for. Wireless internet and pool access. And two free drinks at the bar (which can only be used for one drink per person :rolleyes:)

This is rediculous. Does the new IC in downtown LA even do this? If a hotel wants to charge these types of fee, fine. But they should not be mandatory, and the guest should be given the option to opt-out. Otherwise, it should just be the published nightly rate. It would be like airlines charging a mandatory fee for an advance seat assignment versus charging a fee for someone who wants an advance seat assignment.

I'm staying at the IC DTLA next week and I can confirm from my reservation that they do NOT charge a facility/resort fee. IMO, IC should waive whatever "facility/amenity" fee for Ambassadors. Seriously, were already paying a voluntary Ambassador "FEE".

FlightNurse Aug 13, 2018 9:58 am

Was just in San Diego, can't wait for this hotel to open up. It's in a great location (just like the previous IC was)

Troopers Aug 20, 2018 9:55 am

Award nights loaded at 50k/night includes suites!

FlightNurse Aug 20, 2018 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Troopers (Post 30105453)

Just booked a suite for my birthday for three days, I found this interesting

Taxes and Additional Charges
Additional Charges: 25.00 USD per night not included in rate effective 20 October, 2018 thru 23 October, 2018
Taxes: 12.75% per night not included in rate effective 20 October, 2018 thru 23 October, 2018
Occupancy, SDTMD and CA Tourism Assesment Tax
$25 Daily Amenity Fee Includes Basic WI-FI Access, In-Room Local and Domestic Calls, Health and Wellness Center Access, Pool Access, Complimentary Use of the Business Lounge, $25 off Club InterContinental Access and Up to 2 Complimentary Signature Cocktails at Vistal Bar (1 Per Person, Must be 21+).

Troopers Aug 20, 2018 10:33 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse (Post 30105635)
Just booked a suite for my birthday for three days, I found this interesting

Taxes and Additional Charges
Additional Charges: 25.00 USD per night not included in rate effective 20 October, 2018 thru 23 October, 2018
Taxes: 12.75% per night not included in rate effective 20 October, 2018 thru 23 October, 2018
Occupancy, SDTMD and CA Tourism Assesment Tax
$25 Daily Amenity Fee Includes Basic WI-FI Access, In-Room Local and Domestic Calls, Health and Wellness Center Access, Pool Access, Complimentary Use of the Business Lounge, $25 off Club InterContinental Access and Up to 2 Complimentary Signature Cocktails at Vistal Bar (1 Per Person, Must be 21+).

I also booked a suite over a long holiday weekend.

I saw that blurb about taxes and add'l charges. We'll have to wait for DPs to see if and what is charged on award stays.

FlightNurse Aug 20, 2018 10:50 am

Originally Posted by Troopers (Post 30105648)
I also booked a suite over a long holiday weekend.

I saw that blurb about taxes and add'l charges. We'll have to wait for DPs to see if and what is charged on award stays.

My reservation does not say I owe anything, except for my car.

Traveler Dave Aug 20, 2018 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers (Post 30105453)

Any idea if they are going to load Ambassador Weekend nights? Just looked all the way to 2020. No availability.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...54515a5b20.png

scubaccr Aug 20, 2018 9:39 pm

o Just to be nosey I made a dummy booking... Looks like usd150 if book in a pet ! Read carefully as at first glance is called a 'deposit of 500usd' to fool guests, imo is really 150pet fee and 350 deposit
o Cancel on Flex seems to be 6pm 2days before arrival (Best Flex, award and corporate are all 2days 6pm)

Daily Parking Fee: $38.00 (USD)
Daily Valet Parking Fee: $50.00 (USD)
Pet Policy: Weight limit of 40 lbs. applies with the exception of service animals. All guests with a pet must sign a waiver upon arrival. Deposit is 500 USD, with 350 USD refunded after checkout following inspection of guest room.