Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase IHG Traveler Card's "Fourth Reward Night Free"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2018, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Chase IHG Traveler Card's "Fourth Reward Night Free"

Opening a separate thread solely for discussion related to experiences with the new Chase IHG Traveler Card's "Fourth Reward Night Free" benefit.

The Chase T&Cs are: "For each standard room Reward Night stay of 4 or more nights, every 4th night is free. Applies only to 4 or more consecutive nights within the same Reward Night point redemption room stay at the same property. With this benefit, eligible members will be charged the Reward Night point redemption rate for the first 3 nights, and 0 points for the 4th night of the stay, as applicable. If 4th Reward Night Free reservation is cancelled, or check-out occurs before the 4th night, the 4th Reward Night is forfeited and has no cash or point value. Members can utilize the 4th Reward Night Free benefit on an unlimited number of stays annually. IHG® Rewards Club Reward Night terms and conditions apply. Offer does not apply to paid stays or Points & Cash bookings. Chase is not responsible for offer fulfillment."
Old Apr 25, 2018, 9:39 am

Thanks for setting up the thread! So, are people able to book 3 nights for the price of 4 yet? I'm not, or else I'm doing something wrong. Thanks!
Old Apr 25, 2018, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by rbw5t
Thanks for setting up the thread! So, are people able to book 3 nights for the price of 4 yet? I'm not, or else I'm doing something wrong. Thanks!
I did book 8 nights and got two credits for each fourth night. Didn't get a $ 50.00 credit, though.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Exleftseat
I did book 8 nights and got two credits for each fourth night. Didn't get a $ 50.00 credit, though.
So, the cost of the 4th night shows up as a credit after making the booking, rather than the whole reservation just costing 3 nights worth of points? For example, I have about 130k points now. If I try to book 4 nights at a hotel costing 40k per night, my total would be 120k, and I should have enough. But, if it's a pay for 4 and get a credit for 1, then I don't actually have enough, bc I'd need 160k to get started. Do I have the process right? If so, the mechanism is really a "rebate" rather than a "discount".
Old Apr 25, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
The mechanism is a discount - I made a four night reservation at a 70k/night property and the total came to 210k with a notation that the "4th Night Free" had been applied.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 12:51 pm

So, the cost of the 4th night shows up as a credit after making the booking, rather than the whole reservation just costing 3 nights worth of points? For example, I have about 130k points now. If I try to book 4 nights at a hotel costing 40k per night, my total would be 120k, and I should have enough. But, if it's a pay for 4 and get a credit for 1, then I don't actually have enough, bc I'd need 160k to get started. Do I have the process right? If so, the mechanism is really a "rebate" rather than a "discount".
I booked eight nights @40k. But instead of showing up as 320k it displayed 240k at time of booking. Hope that helps.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 1:34 pm

Great, thanks for the info. For some reason, it isn't working for me yet, but I'll give it some more time. Good to know it is in fact a discount on the front end, like Starriott and Hilton's 5th night free. Thanks for the reports!
Old Apr 25, 2018, 1:42 pm

So, are people able to book 3 nights for the price of 4 yet?
You don't even have to apply for the card to do that. Just call Customer Service, and tell them you want to "book 3 nights for the price of 4". and they will be glad to arrange that for you. :-)
Old Apr 25, 2018, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
You don't even have to apply for the card to do that. Just call Customer Service, and tell them you want to "book 3 nights for the price of 4". and they will be glad to arrange that for you. :-)
Ha! Thanks for pointing that out -- hopefully no one asks me today whether I "can give them two $10s for a $5."!

More importantly I just tried a test booking again and I am now able to book 4 nights for the price of 3. I guess it just took a day or so.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Just confirming the above one 4 night stay > points for 3 nights shown and deducted
A 8 night stay > points for 6 nights shown and deducted
Old Apr 25, 2018, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by blitzen
Just confirming the above one 4 night stay > points for 3 nights shown and deducted
A 8 night stay > points for 6 nights shown and deducted
That's how it was for me. AT 4 they deducted one, I then cancelled and booked eight nights and got two nights
free.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 3:49 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
I wish we had IHG cards like that (or an IHG card at all) in Canada!
Old Apr 25, 2018, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
So if one holds the new card with this benefit AND holds the old legacy cc with the 10% points rebate on award stays... will we be able to 'double dip'? Anyone who booked their 4th night free also have the old legacy card?
Tim O'Brien likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 4:28 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
So if one holds the new card with this benefit AND holds the old legacy cc with the 10% points rebate on award stays... will we be able to 'double dip'? Anyone who booked their 4th night free also have the old legacy card?
yes I do but my stays are way in the future and the 10% (or 20% if Ambassador on top) are only reimbursed after completing the stay.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

-----

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:42 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.