4th Night Free using points

Old Sep 1, 2019, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Deez Nutz
As for the 4th night free, that card needs to be open at time of reservation for that benefit to kick in.
Do we need to still have the premier card during the stay? I'm not sure I want to keep the premier for another year.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
How long does it take, upon approval for an IHG MC that has the 4th night free benny, for that benefit to kick in upon login online? Approved 11 days ago, still nothing when I try a dummy resi online.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 6:53 am

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
It is 'added' to your IHG account as a zero point element of your points activity. So keep an eye on that.

It struck me that it showed up on my Chase account a couple of days after approval, then a couple days later it showed up on my points activity, and a couple of days after that, it showed up in the mail.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by pretzlaff
It is 'added' to your IHG account as a zero point element of your points activity. So keep an eye on that.

It struck me that it showed up on my Chase account a couple of days after approval, then a couple days later it showed up on my points activity, and a couple of days after that, it showed up in the mail.
This is very helpful, thanks. Not seeing anything in my Activity, so will contact IHG to correct.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 3:46 am

Programs: DL Plat, IC Diamond Amb, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pretzlaff

Any recent update on this? I've had the Card Verification post on my account activity since the 13th, but still not able to book the 4th award night free benefit. As usual, IHG Customer Care has been less than helpful and telling me to wait 2-6 weeks depending on the representative. If I wasn't trying to book a high-demand, high point property, I wouldn't have a problem being patient.
Old May 26, 2020, 12:57 pm

8 nights in separate reservations

Hi everyone,

Has anyone been able to merge all reservations and get their 4th night free as a benefit of card membership? I would be able to have 2 nights free but the agent I keep connecting to doesn't understand and starts talking about all sorts of other things so I don't know if I need a certain support line or what to do. I'd appreciate any tips or thoughts to try to work through this if possible.

Thanks!
Old May 28, 2020, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by spellbound2
Hi everyone,

Has anyone been able to merge all reservations and get their 4th night free as a benefit of card membership? I would be able to have 2 nights free but the agent I keep connecting to doesn't understand and starts talking about all sorts of other things so I don't know if I need a certain support line or what to do. I'd appreciate any tips or thoughts to try to work through this if possible.

Thanks!
What you mean by "all reservations", you mean two reservations of 4 nights each? If you have a valid card it should automatically deduct 2 nights when you book for 8.

Otherwise no, you can't just merge reservations. Just email the hotel and tell them you have a connecting reservation.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 11:18 am

I am new in the IHG world as I just got the premier credit card...although the 4th free night is exciting, it doesn't make sense to be only from rewards redemption. Does combo of points and cash make you eligible for the free 4th night or exclusively 3 nights from points?
Old Oct 24, 2020, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by good_boy_1234
I am new in the IHG world as I just got the premier credit card...although the 4th free night is exciting, it doesn't make sense to be only from rewards redemption. Does combo of points and cash make you eligible for the free 4th night or exclusively 3 nights from points?
If you mean, can you book two paid nights, one award night, and get a fourth night free, then no.

If you mean, can you get a fourth night free using the "points and cash" rate that lowers the points rate for a copay, then also no, but with a workaround.

When you make a "points and cash" booking, you're really just buying points at a reduced rate. But if you cancel the booking, you get the points back, not the cash.

Suppose you want to book 4 nights at a hotel costing 22,500/nt, or 12,500 + $60/nt. Four nights would cost you 67,500 (including 4th night free), but P&C would still be 50,000 + $240. You want to pay 37,500+$180. So what you do is book a 3 night stay for 37,500+$180. Then cancel that, you get 67,500 points returned (effectively you've bought 30K for $180). Then with those 67500, book a 4 night award stay.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 12:44 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by spellbound2
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
Likewise, any DP of anyone able to book 2 rooms each night for 4 nights (all with points) and pay with points for 6 nights total? As opposed to 8 nights in a row and pay 6 nights.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 1:16 am

Trying to book 4th night free on a points booking right now, but both the app and website are not recognizing my card on file. Was working fine earlier in the day.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 9:01 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by WannaTheater
Even today, I still don't see any option for "4th night free" while booking with points.
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
How long does it take, upon approval for an IHG MC that has the 4th night free benny, for that benefit to kick in upon login online?
I was approved Monday or later. Yesterday, I made a reservation when I saw the 4th night was free. Obviously (I think), I don't have the physical card and I don't know the full card number. Maybe I'm just lucky.

I saw the 4th night was free by clicking on the Rate Details link while at the room selection page in the reservation process. The details showed the points required for each of the four nights; the fourth night showed zero. Other than this, I saw no indication that the fourth night was free. In other words, nothing said anything like, "Congratulations, your fourth night is free!"

Originally Posted by milemission
Do we need to still have the premier card during the stay? I'm not sure I want to keep the premier for another year.
Since one holds the reservation, I'm not sure how a requirement to have the card would be enforced. However, I don't know and I would also be interested in this.
Old Nov 14, 2020, 5:41 pm

Appeared to just be an overnight glitch. Got the 4th nt free to work the next AM.
Old May 7, 2021, 11:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; AA ExPlat; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by milemission
Did you end up cancelling the card? Any issues with your 4th night free stays after card cancellation?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.