Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kimpton Karma Member Already Not Loving the Transition

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2018, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta SM, Marriott Plat , Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, IHG Spire
Kimpton Karma Member Already Not Loving the Transition

So, I understand that transitions and change is hard. I also understand that going from a small boutique chain to a huge chain with many different flags is going to be a big adjustment. But I went to the Kimpton site to make an upcoming reservation and it kicked me to the IHG booking page which was a hot mess. I actually wrote in an IT suggestion form "Your website is hot garbage." In addition to this, which another thread is covering well, none of my future reservations were in there. So I needed to call Customer Care and walk through a phone tree so they could attach it. Not sure what the issue is, because I had linked both accounts so this should have been all set.

I know the Gray in Chicago will be as wonderful as ever so maybe this is much ado about nothing, but it doesn't give me the warm fuzzies.

Rant over. Not sure if anyone else had a similar experience.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I might gently suggest that 'Your website is hot garbage" is not a constructive complaint,. "I find that the IHG website, as compared to the Kimpton website is dysfunctional because of X, Y and Z.*"

[*3 constructive reasons]
tkelsay and Points Scrounger like this.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
The Kimpton website was pretty bad too, what with it opening new windows any time you did something involving a property, such as looking up rate information.

I had two of my three reservations for the next few weeks attach, and the third one didn't. It took 5 minutes with Customer Care to fix it, and it would have taken even less time if I had thought to call the property itself.

And yes, the Gray will be lovely, as will the IC gift of sweets from Mindy's.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 7:05 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Alas, they're not only merging a couple programs right now, they're also forcing a complete redesign that the IHG regulars aren't loving either. It really as a much better web site until a few weeks back when they broke a bunch of useful stuff. Like how it used to be dead easy to compare cash price vs. award points price right on the returned search results page and now that capability just no longer exists. .

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...ng-me-off.html

Hot garbage is probably one of the more polite complaints they're getting right now.
akhenaten0987 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 4:25 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Costco Executive Member, Safeway Club Card
Tried to browse rates for some Kimpton properties and the reservation website was not working. Got an error message telling me to call in. Inner Circle number is no longer function so calling in is far less delightful than it used to be.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 3:05 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.
Not a fan of the new booking platform, before one could see lowest prices for each day going months out, great if your dates are flexible and you are looking for the best rates, this option it would appear is longer available,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.