Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
A tradition of Kimpton is to have secret social passwords periodically during the year (note - this means there are periods when there isn't a password). Any guest mentioning the password at check-in will be given an amenity at the discretion of the hotel. This thread lists the current password and what members received.

Based on recent history, there is a winter password that starts around the US Thanksgiving Holiday in November through the end of February and a summer password that starts around the US Memorial Day Weekend in May and ends around the US Labor Day Holiday in September.

Current Password "Chalet All Day"
Valid Between 1 December 2023 and 29 February 2024

Official postings will come from Kimpton via social media such as Facebook, Instagram, and X (fka., Twitter).
The thread documenting what was offered in previous years may be found here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/othe...rd-thread.html

Q. What happens if a property isn't aware of the secret password promotion?
A. If you have a mobile device, go to Kimpton's Facebook or Instagram feed, find their post announcing the secret password, and show it to the uninformed staff member. If needed, escalate to a supervisor. After the fact, send a note to IHG Customer Care or post a message via social media to Kimpton's attention.

Q. Is the promotion limited to IHG Rewards/IC Ambassador members only?
A. No, the promotion is open to any guest with a reservation at the hotel.

Q. Is the promotion good for award stays or is it only for paid stays?
A. The promotion is good for any stay, paid or award.

Q. What if I forget to mention the password when I check in?
A. You can always try and mention it at the front desk later during your stay and see if they will honor it. YMMV.

Older Post
November 2017 to December 2018
Print Wikipost

The Kimpton Hotels Secret Password Experience Thread (2019 Onward)

Old Feb 17, 2019, 11:11 pm

Programs: QANTAS, Oneworld
Originally Posted by googs185
What if we are checking in tomorrow?
Nothing special.

The secret passwords seem to be a summer/winter thing, with nothing in spring and fall
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RealityBites
Nothing special.

The secret passwords seem to be a summer/winter thing, with nothing in spring and fall
Correct. Now we wait until summer as the hotels try to figure out how to repurpose all of the Chilled related items.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by RealityBites
Nothing special.

As it's zero degrees outside and we're in a blizzard.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 11:57 am

Programs: AC,CX,KE,EK / IHG Spire, 1865 Gateway
Would be funny if chilled to perfection still works in 5 days
Old Apr 3, 2019, 2:32 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Checking into a kimpton today...

should chilled to perfection still work?
Old Apr 5, 2019, 7:20 am

Programs: AC,CX,KE,EK / IHG Spire, 1865 Gateway
Originally Posted by Lewis42

check in at kimpton dewitt knew what this was ... he said hed been working for only 6 weeks there...
Old Apr 5, 2019, 1:34 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by manucanuck
check in at kimpton dewitt knew what this was ... he said hed been working for only 6 weeks there...
hah! Maybe same guy. He didnt know anything about it when I checked in Wednesday night...

but in the end I got nothing from the hotel cos it expired
Old Apr 5, 2019, 1:34 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Lewis42

it shouldnt since the promotion ended, but you may get a hotel/front desk employee who will still honor it.
Old May 23, 2019, 7:10 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Any word on whether there will be a new secret password for late spring/summer?
Old May 24, 2019, 10:09 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Wikipost updated - “Off Duty” between now and September 2.

At the Hotel Monaco - Pittsburgh, I checked in shortly after the new password hit Twitter; not surprisingly, I was the first guest to use it. Their prize was a small open box artfully decorated like a pirate treasure, with a scrap of paper rolled in a small bottle on a play beach of sand and shells. The paper revealed the prize, which was a free distillery tour for two at the Wigle Whiskey Garden and Barrelhouse in The Strip District. The tour comes with a free cocktail and a sit-down flight of spirits and is $25 per person. This was perfect for us as we had brunch plans nearby and a hole in our day that needed filling. When we returned that evening, the Front Desk agent who checked us in (and handled the password promo) sent up a second flight of top shelf Wigle rye whiskeys from The Commoner bar downstairs; needless to say, we slept very well that night!
SanDiego1K likes this.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; May 28, 2019 at 12:03 pm
Old May 24, 2019, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Wikipost updated - Off Duty between now and September 2.
Have 2 rooms in SAC right now. Say the PW and they have you play a bean bag toss game. Get it in the hole and choose between 5K point or $30 room service/bar credit. We took the room credit. Just paid for dinner...mostly...

TD
Old May 26, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
Checked into a waterview suite at the EPIC Miami yesterday, off duty got me 4 wine vouchers and 4 cocktail vouchers.
Old May 27, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Kimpton Hotel Eventi

I checked in yesterday and they werent aware the promo started. Stopped by the front desk today and they hadnt thought about what to offer yet, so a $20 food and beverage credit for now.
Old May 27, 2019, 1:25 pm
Community Director Emerita

Kimpton Rowan Palm Springs

Kimpton Palm Springs offered a choice of a can of rose' or a sun kit. I chose the sun kit. It included sunglasses, sunblock, lip balm, and puravida thread bracelet.

Old May 27, 2019, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Kimpton Palm Springs offered a choice of a can of rose' or a sun kit. I chose the sun kit. It included sunglasses, sunblock, lip balm, and puravida thread bracelet.
Can of Rose? Yuk!

TD

Last edited by SanDiego1K; May 27, 2019 at 3:19 pm Reason: Removed picture from quote

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.