Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
A tradition of Kimpton is to have secret social passwords periodically during the year (note - this means there are periods when there isn't a password). Any guest mentioning the password at check-in will be given an amenity at the discretion of the hotel. This thread lists the current password and what members received.

Based on recent history, there is a winter password that starts around the US Thanksgiving Holiday in November through the end of February and a summer password that starts around the US Memorial Day Weekend in May and ends around the US Labor Day Holiday in September.

Current Password "Chalet All Day"
Valid Between 1 December 2023 and 29 February 2024

Official postings will come from Kimpton via social media such as Facebook, Instagram, and X (fka., Twitter).
The thread documenting what was offered in previous years may be found here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/othe...rd-thread.html

Q. What happens if a property isn't aware of the secret password promotion?
A. If you have a mobile device, go to Kimpton's Facebook or Instagram feed, find their post announcing the secret password, and show it to the uninformed staff member. If needed, escalate to a supervisor. After the fact, send a note to IHG Customer Care or post a message via social media to Kimpton's attention.

Q. Is the promotion limited to IHG Rewards/IC Ambassador members only?
A. No, the promotion is open to any guest with a reservation at the hotel.

Q. Is the promotion good for award stays or is it only for paid stays?
A. The promotion is good for any stay, paid or award.

Q. What if I forget to mention the password when I check in?
A. You can always try and mention it at the front desk later during your stay and see if they will honor it. YMMV.

Older Post
November 2017 to December 2018
Print Wikipost

The Kimpton Hotels Secret Password Experience Thread (2019 Onward)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2021, 6:09 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, Hyatt Globalist
At the new Dallas Pittman Hotel on 2/13 for a local Valentines Staycation, we received a bottle of sparkling wine for the secret password, which was lovely. Loved the hotel and the restaurant - Elm & Good, which was over the top and even had a live saxophonist at dinner.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 12:27 pm

Kimpton Surfcomber Miami, FL

Recent stay in January, used the password and received a choice of red or white wine. Both choices ended up being the free wine selections from the Social Hour (and neither tasted very good).
Old Feb 18, 2021, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Graf von B
The new pw is “Lift you spirits” and promo good till Valentines Day. ...... time to be traveling, but there you have it!
Traveling next week. Does anyone know the new secret?
Old Feb 19, 2021, 4:22 am

Programs: IHG Ambassador/Spire Elite/Kimpton Inner Circle. AA: Plat. SW, UA, DL, Alaska: nuttin'!
Originally Posted by stimpy
Traveling next week. Does anyone know the new secret?
The social passwords appear intermittently, sort of every other quarter. If Kimpton's typical yearly pattern is used again in 2021, then the next social password will be activated from the end of May or maybe the end of July.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 8:32 pm

Programs: United, delta, AA, Alaskan, Frontier, Hilton Gold, Hyatt, Chase Sapphire
Kimpton secret phrase

Is there on right now? Thanks
Old Apr 14, 2021, 10:15 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
I asked the Twitter team a few days ago and they said “it’s still in spring break” and they don’t know when it’ll be back. It’ll be a while. I think.

khabah
Old Apr 15, 2021, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
The history is that the promotion isn't always continually running.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...19-onward.html
Old Apr 15, 2021, 7:00 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by shanna135
Is there on right now? Thanks
I realize that your question was merged into the existing thread on the topic where your question is answered in the wikipost for this thread (the answer is 'no'). I would expect the next password to be released around the end of May, but there's no obligation for IHG to offer it at any time or with any regularity.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 7:05 am

Programs: United, delta, AA, Alaskan, Frontier, Hilton Gold, Hyatt, Chase Sapphire
Thank you
Old May 21, 2021, 6:47 am

New promo for UK Kimpton's "Postcard Perks".

Sounds similar to the Secret Password but you need to print a postcard or they are available at the featured hotels.

Running through 31st October 2021, can be used at hotels as well at F&B outlets if not staying, perks included (but not limited to) freebies, upgrades, tipples, snacks, and merch, all hand delivered with the warmest of smiles. One postcard per customer (except pets, who might get two treats...).

Full details here Postcard Perks: Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants celebrate togetherness
Old May 27, 2021, 10:18 pm

Social Password is back!

This season’s phrase is “No More Sweatpants” and is valid now through September 6.
FlyinHawaiian likes this.
Old May 28, 2021, 7:03 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Graf von B likes this.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; May 28, 2021 at 7:38 am
Old May 30, 2021, 7:01 pm

Philadelphia Hotel Monaco

Got to spin the wheel here, prizes from 5k points, $25 room credit, $50 room credit. I got the $50 room credit. Not back for a hotel that runs ~$175/night
beltway, AAir_head and Graf von B like this.
Old May 30, 2021, 7:03 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
I just know at some point this summer I am going to slip up and say "no more underpants" instead of sweatpants!
AAir_head, Skink and Graf von B like this.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 3:51 pm

Programs: A: PP, LTG/1.5M | UA: SLV | Bonvoy LTTi | IHG PLT| Avis PC | Nat'l Emerald Club EE
Originally Posted by scaredflyer
Got to spin the wheel here, prizes from 5k points, $25 room credit, $50 room credit. I got the $50 room credit. Not back for a hotel that runs ~$175/night
Well, crap. We're new to Kimpton and I've just discovered this thread...after we stayed the long weekend at the PHL Hotel Monaco!

Glad you got something nice out of it.

We'll know better next time....

cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.