FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   IHG 2018 Reward Night Points Inflation! Book Fast. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1885701-ihg-2018-reward-night-points-inflation-book-fast.html)

Lionheart Jan 1, 2018 5:59 pm

IHG 2018 Reward Night Points Inflation! Book Fast.

Here is a list of 2018 Reward Night changes - I stumbled across whilst trying to find the link used to book non-IHG hotels with points just out of interest - anyway here's the link:

https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/cont...hts/hotel-list

Loads of changes. I couldn't find where it states this is live - but it implies it is already live as it is simply linked on an IHG page about Reward Nights. Unless anybody knows differently with regards to when these changes are live, I would get on with booking :)

IHG Park Lane going from 60,000 to 70,000 points caught my eye. Lots of properties with 10,000 point increases, with a few jumping from 60,000 to 70,000 points/night.

db1234db1234 Jan 1, 2018 6:42 pm

Nice find Lionheart. I just booked Hong Kong at the old rate. Was going to book it soon anyways but this prompted me to do it now. Thanks.

Deez Nutz Jan 1, 2018 7:39 pm

Yikes. This might be the worst devaluation since I've been paying attention. Amstel finally moving up above the 50k mark. Not sure what's up with HIX Nuremberg. Stayed there a year ago for 15k/night during Xmas markets when rates were high. Doubled to 30k/night in the last devaluation, and now up to 40k already? And yet I have it booked this summer for 85 euros...

Pseudo Nim Jan 1, 2018 8:08 pm

Good job IHG. Instead of renewing Royal Ambassadors, this is what we have to deal with. facepalm

IAN-UK Jan 1, 2018 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by Lionheart (Post 29237637)
Here is a list of 2018 Reward Night changes - I stumbled across whilst trying to find the link used to book non-IHG hotels with points just out of interest - anyway here's the link:

https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/cont...hts/hotel-list

Loads of changes. I couldn't find where it states this is live - but it implies it is already live as it is simply linked on an IHG page about Reward Nights. Unless anybody knows differently with regards to when these changes are live, I would get on with booking :)

IHG Park Lane going from 60,000 to 70,000 points caught my eye. Lots of properties with 10,000 point increases, with a few jumping from 60,000 to 70,000 points/night.

In reality it just nullifies the gains in earnings from the accelerate nonsense.

IAN-UK Jan 1, 2018 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim (Post 29237963)
Good job IHG. Instead of renewing Royal Ambassadors, this is what we have to deal with. facepalm

The 3-star dumps that are Lisbon's Holiday Inns are scheduled to hit 30K, putting them 5K behind the city's rather splendid Intercontinental. Go figure.

Makes decisions easy for Ambassadors, royal and vanilla :D

355F1 Jan 1, 2018 8:57 pm

Geez!

a few insignificant hotels decreased the points required but most increased 15%+!!

ridiculous.

Two Thumbs down, IHG. 👎🏼👎🏼

355F1 Jan 1, 2018 8:59 pm

The app is still showing the old rates.

will probably go live tomorrow.

minz56 Jan 1, 2018 9:45 pm

I do see some reductions .... :D

TravelinSperry Jan 1, 2018 9:54 pm

This is why you spend points as you earn them rather than hoard them. Devaluations are part of the loyalty biz.

PB86 Jan 1, 2018 9:58 pm

IC Bordeaux jumping up to 55k is unfortunate, not altogether unexpected though. At 45k it’s been a bit of a steal. Frustrating to see another year of heavy increases though.

hotturnip Jan 1, 2018 10:08 pm

A few reductions, but far more are going up from 15K TO 25K.

How are they determining this? Is it just supply and demand? Or is it about improvements at the property? Or are they just throwing darts at a map?

Points Scrounger Jan 2, 2018 12:04 am

Originally Posted by PB86 (Post 29238309)
IC Bordeaux jumping up to 55k is unfortunate, not altogether unexpected though. At 45k it’s been a bit of a steal. Frustrating to see another year of heavy increases though.

that's kind of what I thought of the ones I had noticed. They were ones where the reward price has seemed to be lower than the area market price for comprable hotels, with these numbers bringing them more in line with those properties.

CalItalian Jan 2, 2018 12:41 am

Originally Posted by minz56 (Post 29238274)
I do see some reductions .... :D

About half the locations in TX that are changing are going down in points.

FlyerTalker688786 Jan 2, 2018 1:13 am

Sadly 10,000 properties are sands in the ocean now. Difficult to find.