Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Wiki was copied from 2017 thread
Created WIKI Mar2017 purely to add the "new" IHG PB List URL as I can't find by screen navigation since IHG changed the reservation screens etc, and the old url if saved no longer works either.

Just got fed up trying to find , much easier to store in wiki, hope this helps others

Pointbeaks changed the amount of points needed: This is discussed in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1890423-point-breaks-now-5k-10-15k.html

This thread is about the discussion about the locations and the actual list, please use the thread above for discussions about the increased number of points needed for pointbreak redemptions.

SCUBACCR

Use this URL for "Live" PB Listing:
https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/content/us/en/redeem-rewards/pointbreaks.html

The PREVIEW list usually appears on IHG's blog first
https://blog.ihg.com/ihg-rewards-club-pointbreaks-preview
Print Wikipost

2018 Pointbreaks Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2018, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by piotrs
Not bad for me Got 4 nights in Des Moines, and 4 nights (Thanksgiving time) in Duluth. Des Moines very close to what I needed (Ames, IA), and Duluth is quite good to split Thanksgiving week between half in Wisconsin Dells (kids), and half on whatever is close to fill the rest of the week
Nice, you're probably competing w/ no one for those destinations (which is great).
Old Sep 24, 2018, 10:39 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
deleted

Last edited by 1flyer; Dec 11, 2018 at 1:13 am
Old Sep 24, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I wont tell anymoee this list is bad. It is now regular.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
Yup, see you at the end of November. At least it's something to look forward to every 2-3 months. Guess they might go to every 2 months now. Last one was Jul-Sep, this one is Sep-Nov. Next one, Nov-Jan?
Old Sep 24, 2018, 10:53 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Originally Posted by FFlash
Terrific list for European properties IMO.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by Vlieger
A rewards night booking in CP Berlin Potsdamerplatz shows under the conditions "Non refundable"! Is this a new condition for Pointbreaks or is it a mistake?! (also for points&cash)
You may have to watch out for these occasionally. The only non-refundable I've ever run into was CP Suffern NY on a Saturday during wedding season. I spotted the condition just before I hit the button, double-double-checked in disbelief, but then decided to keep it anyway.

Maybe warnings can be posted as you have done -- here and/or in the wiki.

Nada for me this time. Scored big on the last one. It's fun to play the game, if you don't get too wrapped up in it. Places I'd like to go to or go back to. Thanks to all for helping me and others along the way.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 10:54 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Well, it looks like IHG has finally been doing some listening. This is a lot better than the last two offerings.

I got 2 x 5k nights at Rolling Meadows Schaumburg for pre- and post-flight (ORD) stays, allowing me to cancel 2 stays at the nearby Candlewood (one for 15k and one for $105). Overall, a very good deal. Hopefully I can score a balcony room.

I did consider the Candlewood at MIA for 10k for a 5 night stay, but decided against it because it's all non-smoking and I have a smoking room booked at an ok-looking motel with decent reviews for $70 a night.

I might have used Cape Town, if only it had come up in the next round (I have 8 nights there in December).

After the bagging I have given IHG in recent months, I have to say I am actually reasonably impressed this time.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Not bad but nothing that i need this time around.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by Vlieger
A rewards night booking in CP Berlin Potsdamerplatz shows under the conditions "Non refundable"! Is this a new condition for Pointbreaks or is it a mistake?! (also for points&cash)
I noticed this too, Im a little scared to book.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 11:07 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany
Original Poster

Just an information, that have updated the list of IHG Pointbreak hotel in the separate thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...hg-hotels.html
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Booked 2 weekend for HI Hamburg Nord - hopefully I can find street parking nearby.

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Cash rate on test weekend I looked at for the 15K QO Amsterdam was 280+ euros per night, so possibly very good value if you're thinking a trip there.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 11:08 am
Suspended

The description at the bottom of the confirmation page states "non-refundable". However, the rate description shows "refunded in points only". At thd bottom it then states that cancellation up to the previous day will incur no charge.

Old Sep 24, 2018, 11:13 am
Suspended

E-mail confirmation concurs:

Old Sep 24, 2018, 11:21 am

Anything to see and do around the Crowne Plaza Shanghai Xiayang Lake? Worthwhile for 4 night stay?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.