Wiki Posts
Search

Please post your Rewards Club Experiences 2018

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2018, 9:00 am

Holiday Inn Express Toronto - North York

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum.

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Fine, nothing special.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
King Bed - No upgrade (despite website showing lot of available next category rooms).

How are the rooms?
Decent room size, 9M deep x 3.5M wide.Rooms have been updated to HIX Canada standards. Was severely outdated on a prior visit.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

What was good and what was bad?
Quiet hotel, comfortable bed. 15-minute bus to Finch West station, then a 40-minute TTC subway to downtown Toronto. No recognition for Platinum members (aside from the standard "thank you for your loyalty.") Only 1 of 2 elevators working during stay. Painfully slow elevator, and often squished in corner, riding with maintenance/housekeeping carts. Many channels not in HD. Nothing but alt-left options (CNN, CBC, CTV) for news. Rough Jane & Finch area, you do not want to be walking alone at night here.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Rates of $99 - $249+, fine on the low end for a suburban HIX, and far better than downtown Toronto. Point requirement recently increased from 15K to 20K.
Old May 1, 2018, 9:07 am

Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre

Platinum.

Fabulous stay!

King Bed – Upgraded to King Suite.

How are the rooms?
Standard rooms are shoeboxes, 6M deep x 3M wide, barely enough room to walk sideways around bed.
Suites are 2.5x the size with a long hall, powder room, and separate living room/wet bar area upon entry with a pull-out sofa.
Then separate bedroom with full bathroom, glass shower. Bedroom in the suite alone is larger than standard rooms here.
HD TV in each room.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Service at this hotel is outstanding. Top stars are Nellie at front desk and Darryl at the Thirty Lounge.
Gorgeous lobby, feels like a 4-star hotel.
Fantastic room upgrade & letter from GM, felt like a highly-valued IHG customer.
Hot breakfast buffet well worth the $18.99 – wonderful selection.
In the heart of the action, right next to Maple Leaf Gardens & College TTC subway, a ten-minute walk to Dundas Square/Eaton Centre.
One of the four elevators non-working entire four days. Very busy hotel, led to typical elevator waits of 3-5 minutes.
Rooms are a bit hot in the winter, even if you crank down HVAC wall unit to 60’, room still feels 76’.
I would advise cracking the windows open a couple inches to get closer to 70’.
Some channels not in HD (TSN etc.)
Only get alt-left propaganda options for news (CNN, CBC, CTV).

Rates vary greatly, typically anywhere from $149 - $399. Rarely under $249 in the summer. At 30K, a bit steep on points for a HI. Will be back, though likely not during high season.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old May 2, 2018, 3:18 pm

Crowne Plaza Paris - Neuilly

Platinum.

Good stay - 7 out of 10

Queen Bed - upgraded to King Room Eiffel Tower View

How are the rooms?
Good size, nothing special.
Hardware was good - looks very new. TV was excellent. Shower and bathroom was great. Definitely 4 star level hardware.
Bed was comfortable (medium hardness) and air-con was silent.
Eiffel View is not worth it if you have to pay for it - the tower is so far away in the distance

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

GOOD
- Room hardware and cleanliness
- Rooms have a nespresso machine and free coffee pods!
- Two free bottles of water provided
- Toiletries are better than the usual
- OK lobby for chilling out
- Hotel private atrium outdoor terrace, which will be amazing in the summer
- Quiet location - located on a quiet road, its a residential neighbourhood
- Free bottle of red wine, some treats during check-in
- As a Platinum member, I was also given free minibar in the room! (But see below)
- Restaurant downstairs looked like it had a good menu, and well rated on TA. (make a booking on The Fork to get 30% discount!)

BAD
- Internet is super slow, can't even stream Youtube, don't rely on it for work. The wifi signal is stable, but slow.
- The free minibar was completely empty when I got to the room, and despite telling reception, was never refilled. Oh well. I was only there for 12 hours on business, so didn't kick up a fuss. During checkout I mentioned to the front desk and was immediately offered apologies (it should have been refilled) and offered a choice of drinks to take with me on my onward journey
- Breakfast is a very pricey EUR25 - I did not partake due to the price. However, apparently its a full breakfast with lots of hot options (unlike continental style in many other hotels in Paris).

If you can get it for around EUR100, I would consider it a great deal. Anything more than EUR150 and it would start to feel like not such a great rate.
Location is in a suburb of Paris, so it will take some time to get to the main tourist attractions, if that's your purpose of visiting.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old May 4, 2018, 4:11 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Crowne Plaza Paris CDG

Spire

It was ok.

​​​

Booked a 2 single bedroom and also got that.

How are the rooms?

Nice, fresh looking rooms with a nice bathroom. A balcony and a "DE Senseo" coffee machine.

How is the exec. lounge?

Didn't use. Was offered lounge access as a spire benefit, but for myself only (we were with 4).

Good:
- Nice and fresh rooms;
- Offered Club Access;
- Close to airport with shuttle service.

Bad:
- Check in staff didn't speak english very well. My impression was that most of them were not very experienced.
- Booked a "park & stay". At check out they sounded confused about this. Did not feel to comfortable.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you retournering?

Maybe. With a park & sleep package the price was ok.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old May 5, 2018, 3:53 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
HIX Montreal Airport

HIX Montreal Airport

Spire

Yes

Booked two Queen, got that. Plenty of availability, but not a word about an upgrade.

How are the rooms?

Rooms are ok. Not the most modern HIX rooms, but spacious enhough. No chair or sofa.

How is the exec. lounge?

N/A

Good:
- close to airport with free shuttle service;
- decent breakfast (hix standard).

Bad:
- staff wasn't very friendly. They do what they have to do, but nothing more.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?What is your Priority Club status?

It was ok, but a lot of other options.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old May 5, 2018, 6:19 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hertz PC; IHG Diamond
Holiday Inn Orlando-Disney Springs Area

Holiday Inn Orlando-Disney Springs Area

Spire Elite

Yes, very happy.

Two Queen Bed No Balcony (cheapest available), upgraded to top floor Disney Fireworks View (most expensive). Also had family member's room upgraded.

How are the rooms?
Very large, a little older but very well maintained and well appointed. View room had a balcony. Beds were very comfortable and even with two queen beds, lounge chair, table and dresser plenty of space for kids to play. Included in room safe and nice large bathroom. Room was large enough we never broke down our stroller but were able to leave it fully extended near the door each night when we returned, space of room was awesome. I would note that from the outside it appears the top floor rooms have an additional 5 to 10 feet or so of room length as the hotel extends outward for the top level.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Front desk and valet could not have been better. Beds were comfortable, HVAC was good at cooling the room quickly after deck door was open. Nice large bathroom, and good water pressure. Shuttle into Disney resorts was very convenient, walk to Disney Springs was pleasant and shorter than anticipated. Parking was not an issue. Housekeeping did a great job everyday, we tried to keep the room as clean as we could but with three smaller children there was plenty to clean and a spotty or half done clean job would have been easy to identify - every day when we returned the room looked great. Pool area is large and family friendly. Large fridge was useful for chilling drinks before going into the parks.

Did not have breakfast but family who did said they felt it was overpriced and not great.

Great value for the cost (we were going to Disney and this was much cheaper alternative to on property Disney hotels). Ignoring costs of the Disney properties this hotel was still a very good value compared to the other hotels this close to Disney World (we went during shoulder season avoiding the summer crowds and spring break crowds). Not only would we return, we have already booked our next stay in Orlando at this hotel. Looked at other IHG properties near Disney which were slightly cheaper but further out from Disney (we would have driven to the parks and paid for parking). The shuttle to Disney was tremendous and not having to pay to park at Disney made the total cost of staying at this property cheaper than the alternative IHG properties near Disney World.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old May 6, 2018, 1:29 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
CP Helsinki

CP Helsinki

What is your Priority Club status? Spire

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked standard room, upgraded to junior suite.

How are the rooms? Pleasant, wooden floor, comfortable lounge area, decent bathroom amenities (bath salts, shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, toothpaste, shaving set). Water, chocolates and cookies in the room.

How is the exec. lounge? Basic refreshments all day long (coffee machine, juice, fizzy pop) with fruit bowl, crisps, biscuits and candy jars. 6-8pm wine and beer with nibbles (cold cuts, cheese, olives), 7-10am continental breakfast and pancake machine.

What was good and what was bad? Easy 25 minute journey from the airport. The gym is amazing. Given access to Club Lounge. Offered points or welcome drink/snack. Took drink/snack which was priced at €13.50. Nothing bad.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? Nightly rate was €111 for May Day bank holiday weekend.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old May 7, 2018, 1:14 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Hotel Indigo Kaohsiung Central Park

Spire Amb

Yes

Booked standard on "new pointsbreaks" for 15000
Received premier room

How are the rooms?
Stylish and well-designed in keeping with the Indigo brand
Spacious bathroom
See link to photos below

How is the exec. lounge?
None

Excellent location

Friendly check-in with lots of attention, excellent "concierge" service introducing the city and helping with activity planning (all in Mandarin - got the impression that it would not have been so comprehensive if only speaking English)

Welcome amenities - 2 drink vouchers, and room contained bottle of wine, sparkling water, fruits, dried prunes and jar of seaweed crisps

Minibar is surprisingly cheap, in fact I had paid more for some of the same items from a 7-11 just before arriving at the hotel! See final photo in album for full menu.

Breakfast was offered at NT$550 pp, though could have eaten the entire minibar for cheaper (but less healthy )

Bad - only thing is pointsbreaks should be 5000 points!! But I suppose the hotel doesn't see how many points were paid.

Reasonable value
Would stay again

Photos: https://www.flyertalk.com/g/album/9729803
FLYGVA likes this.
Old May 11, 2018, 2:55 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
HI Bangkok Silom

HI Bangkok Silom

Spire RA

Yes

Booked club/ executive room - got premier suite.

How are the rooms?
Large suite - twice the size of a regular room.
Living room with dining table, couch and desk
Room feels rather "fresh"
Second service

How is the exec. lounge?
Good lounge
Excellent staff
Happy hour with two hot options (but nothing exciting, mostly deep fried stuff) and a basic selection of drinks
There are so many restaurants and bars nearby - I would skip the lounge in future.

Good
-
Nice hotel in a good location
- Great staff all around

Value for € or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Would return, but not opt for club access or a suite. A standard room at the Crowne Tower is good enough
FLYGVA likes this.
Old May 13, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
CP Lumpini, Bangkok

CP LUMPINI BANGKOK

SPIRE

Quite Happy

BOOKED = Entry Level on points (booked noon, day before arrival)
GIVEN = King Delux (non smoking).... Modded 6pm day before arrival

How are the rooms?
o Good furnishings in good condition. Colour scheme a bit on dark side though. Good size rooms, sofa, table, work desk+chair, large TV
o Bath, cubicle shower, twin sinks. Instant copious hot water, nice toiletries + towels
o For those not familiar here, these Deluxe rooms are bigger+nicer than the club-rooms (in old days it was always better to have dlx+lounge than a clubroom ! )

How is the exec. lounge?
Not provided foc any more and not needed this visit as late checkin, early departure

+ GOOD

o staff (ground floor bellboys/concierge, checkin staff)friendly/efficient/helpful/welcoming
o Comfy Bed in good room, in convenient location, quiet aircon (100m from Silom MRT.. is main reason I rebooked here)
o Upgrade on award night (fyi no smoke smell in my NS room)
o offered late checkout but not needed (checkin 8pm, checkout 9am...part reason IC Bangkok not needed this night, plus MRT Blue Line right here)
o Checkin desk carefully informed me I did not have either lounge or breakfast included (which I knew before I booked and did not need)
o Location of Hotel (Patpong Night Market 5min 500m nearest IHG hotel, Silom MRT blu-line 100m, 7-11 shop just 75m from hotel)

-BAD
o Nothing

o 25k points (us$125-150 ratio us%5-6/1k so 3840++thb - 4600++thb) is ok value for CP here. Probably better than 20k points needed for all HIE/HI hotels in Bangkok now or 40k for the IC
o Yes 25k v 40k at IC if no RA benefits works . And is worth the 5k ptemium over the various HI/HIE hotels in Bangkok
o Cash would for most IHGers be good value, (BUT as RA, my corp rate at CP is a wash to that at IC so I personally shan't book paid nights here whilst I am RA )
o Now no more 15k HIE's in Bangkok, If I need points night in Bangkok in future, I believe I prefer 25k at CP versus 40k at IC or 20k at HI/HIE (or 30k ? Indigo)
FLYGVA likes this.

Last edited by FLYGVA; May 15, 2018 at 1:14 am
Old May 13, 2018, 4:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Holiday Inn Express Thunder Bay (ON)

What is your Priority Club status? Platinum Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked King Standard Nonsmoke, received 1bd Suite Nonsmoke​​​​​​​.

How are the rooms? Standard Holiday Inn Express. Room is in good shape.

How is the exec. lounge? N/A

What was good and what was bad? Seems like a reliable property. Nothing particularly special or bad about it.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? Paid rate wasn't bad. Looks like it's 20000 points for rewards. I'd return if I was visiting Thunder Bay again.
FLYGVA likes this.

Last edited by FLYGVA; May 15, 2018 at 1:27 am Reason: added (ON) to post title
Old May 16, 2018, 2:28 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Holiday Inn Express Molins de Rei (Barcelona)

Holiday Inn Express Molins de Rei (Barcelona)

Spire

Yes

Booked room with sofa bed

How are the rooms?
Room was quite small and narrow, bathroom was quite spacious
Kettle, tea/coffee and hair dryer available
Main bed comfy, sofa bed was very creaky and dipped

How is the exec. lounge?
n/a

Good
- value for points
- reasonable breakfast selection, with a microwave (useful if you brought your own breakfast like some guests did!), tortilla (potato omelette not the bread wrap), huge croissant, ham, cheese, fruits, yoghurts - based on quality, the food probably all came from the supermarket next door

Bad
- some sort of nightclub nearby playing very loud music from 8pm-late
- noise is bearable if window is sealed shut, but then the room gets a bit stuffy
- breakfast area tables are very close together making it cumbersome to walk to and from the food areas

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?[/QUOTE]
Paid 15000 points + €1.50 tax for 3 people
On paid rates the IHG site wanted to charge a supplement of €30 for the 3rd person, but this was not charged on award bookings so this was good value. (FYI, the hotel received €26 from IHG for my points)

Also this hotel requires a transport ticket for 2 zones, when the majority of tourists generally only require a 1 zone ticket.

I only stayed here because of the points availability and rooms for 3 people were very expensive everywhere else
Managed to tie in our visit to Montserrat with this stay so the extra cost of transport wasn't a problem.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old May 16, 2018, 4:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Hotel Indigo Old Town Alexandria, VA

Hotel Indigo Old Town Alexandria, VA

What is your Priority Club status? Spire

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes, very happy

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked reward night, so basic room. Received upgrade to corner riverview king 5th floor, highest category I believe.

How are the rooms? Loved the room, has kind of a nautical, cruise ship theme. New and fresh, comfortable bed & pillows, wood floor, Keurig coffee maker, safe, good counter space in bathroom, desk/chair, long lounge chair, plus another arm chair. Front desk actually let me view 2 corner riverview rooms so I could choose. However, with that said, this particular room 507 had a major issue--very loud jet noise from DCA. I didn't notice it when I dropped my suitcase off in the afternoon. But at night--WOW, every minute a jet taking off until 11 p.m. Then started back up at 5-6 a.m. I read reviews and did not find others mentioning jet noise, so it must be unique to this corner side of the hotel.

How is the exec. lounge? N/A

What was good and what was bad? Front desk staff super nice (gave me tickets for a free ride on the water taxi to DC, welcome points and welcome drink); housekeeping staff very friendly, ditto for restaurant servers. Received an early check-in at noon; latest check-out I could get was 12:30 as they were sold out for that night (true, I checked). Location is right in the heart of Old Town Alexandria, great for tourists. The hotel's Hummingbird restaurant was good. The only bad aspect was that my room felt like it was on the DCA runway. The other room I viewed was corner, 2nd floor, with walls of floor-to-ceiling windows, very large, riverview, beautiful. I declined that room because people eating on the patio or walking down the path could easily see right in the room since it was 2nd floor with so many tall windows.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? This hotel is on the current pointsbreak list--would be a super deal for 15K points. I paid the full 30K points as it was a pricey night and offered no pointbreaks (full points reward night just popped up a few days before my stay). 15 minute Uber ride to DCA. Yes I definitely would return again, but be careful which room you're assigned.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old May 16, 2018, 11:01 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Holiday Inn Express Wilkes-Barre/Scranton (Airport)

Holiday Inn Express Wilkes-Barre/Scranton (Airport)
Pittston, Pennsylvania USA

Platinum

Yes

Booked "STANDARD ROOM" on points. Received huge 1 bedroom King Suite. Twice the size of a regular room, maybe bigger.

How are the rooms?
A little worn but clean. The suite was big but it was awkwardly laid out. The bathroom was long, with the shower/tub area in the middle, so there is a long walk back and forth to use the sink. Could have also used more furniture to fill out the room. Not really complaining, though. It was nice to have the space.

Bathtub was strange. Had a normal shower then an entire second set of plumbing on the side for the tub. Tub had whirlpool jets but was a standard size tub.

Rooms on the front have a view of the approach end of the runway. Can be an interesting view but also a little noisy.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A. Complementary breakfast was ok. Standard HIX offerings.

Good
Clean
Efficient staff
Cheap

Bad
A little noisy, from the airplanes and also, somehow, from the elevator, even though I was not next to it.
Water pressure low
The moment breakfast hours were over, the clerk immediately and aggressively started cleaning the entire area

Just fine for 15k points. Needed a place to sleep while on the road. Worked great for that.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old May 27, 2018, 8:56 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
review deleted

deleted
FLYGVA likes this.

Last edited by 1flyer; Dec 11, 2018 at 1:28 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.