Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The New IHG Web Booking Interface is PISSING ME OFF!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2018, 4:17 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by Concerto
Is the app behaving as badly as the website for you? I had a look for a property last night and it seemed to be ok. I don’t spend much time on the IHG website, only to check from time to time that I haven’t been hacked.

But don’t get me started on IT, our lives have been polluted and cursed by this stuff. Nothing seems to work properly, wasting huge amounts of time and energy. In the last days, I have written rants about Avis, Air France and Expedia.
I find the App much easier to use and use it whenever I am checking availability and prices. I go to the website occasionally, but yes it is very clunky and bug-ridden.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
a) the search results are not in order -- sometimes it puts a suite right on top.
b) even when you don't include rewards nights booking in the search, they show up ... so some rooms show up with a price and others show up as "40,000 points" ... when searching by price, this is maddening.
c) Rollover nights don't show up
d) You need to go to multiple screens to find your YTD RDP and EQP. And given that RA is now revenue-based, it would be nice if they tracked that. On the other hand, kudos that the point-earning information is now more detailed.
e) Weird things happen when I try to add to calendar with MS Outlook 2016 -- sometimes it works, other times it actually creates another calendar in my Outlook (perhaps when I click twice)
f) It shows my next upcoming reservation but from that screen I can't see my OTHER reservations. I have to use the top-nav to do this.
g) On the list of multiple reservations, if I look at one of them, and then go back, I SHOULD get back to the list of reservations ... but I don't.

Some of the other bugs seem to be shaking out. But it's still buggy.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
I realized two other things I also hate about this new website. The location map is horrible; it is an odd shape and no longer has a satellite or street-level function option. Also, when you list hotels using the rewards points option, it no longer displays what the C&P rates are on that same display page.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
<div style="text-align:left;">
Originally Posted by minz56
I find the App much easier to use and use it whenever I am checking availability and prices. I go to the website occasionally, but yes it is very clunky and bug-ridden.
<br /><br />Just.as well that one of our Accelerate tasks requires booking through the app. If the website is as bad as that then no wonder it is so easily and regularly hacked. But don’t start me on the crapness of Internet, I think it’s an awful technology (like VHS videotape) that needs to be replaced by something better as soon as possible. And the Flyertalk site? Just as annoying at the moment, I would say.</div>
Old Feb 3, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by Fanjet
I realized two other things I also hate about this new website. The location map is horrible; it is an odd shape and no longer has a satellite or street-level function option. Also, when you list hotels using the rewards points option, it no longer displays what the C&P rates are on that same display page.
One more reason to hate this new interface. In Points + Cash, I always recalled that the cash portion was in USD for all hotel booking regardless of location. Just now, I tried to book at at the Hotel Indigo Paris. Scrolling through quickly, I thought it was 55,000 points or 35,000 points + $100. Thinking it was a good deal, I went for the P+C. Received a notification that my credit card was charged $125. So it was in fact 100EUR, not $100! Sneaky, tricky and easy to miss. So now points + cash is in the hotel's local currency? Pretty lame. So everyone beware.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 6:28 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Silver
It took me over 3 hours last night to book 2 single night stays on the IHG website.

The hotels wouldn't load, reward nights appeared whether I wanted them or not, it showed rates for rooms which were not available and couldn't be selected. I was kicked out of my IHG account multiple times and had to log back in.
To cap it all neither of the two bookings resulted in an email confirmation.

What a shambles. It's convinced me that future bookings should be directed to Hilton in the first instance with IHG simply being used to run down my accumulated points.

I find it really shocking that any company can implement something as poor as this and then ignore customer feedback. They don't deserve to be in business.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
The app is the way to go, I just don’t bother using the normal website any more. It is apparently the same at Avis, after my ranting over in that forum.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 12:32 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Agree with Concerto. I did a relatively hassle free booking of the Kimpton in AMS on points (a steal at 20K) by using the IHG app on my small screen iPhone 6s. From recent experience, I know that it would have been much more of a PITA if I had tried doing this through the desktop version.

The website is no longer fit for purpose. It's as if they decided everyone was better off booking via the app from now on, so they better make it impossible to use the web version.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 7:58 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Just keep your fingers crossed that they don't mess with the app.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 2:49 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by demue
Just keep your fingers crossed that they don't mess with the app.
You jinxed it. There is an update today that changed things on the app a bit.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
I looked at the new app tonight and had a few screen freezes as I tried to look at the "messages". They would not back out and just remained frozen. Had to close the app and restart. It was repeatable, but not reportable as their appears to be no feedback option on the app!
Old Feb 7, 2018, 4:05 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by antichef
I looked at the new app tonight and had a few screen freezes as I tried to look at the "messages". They would not back out and just remained frozen. Had to close the app and restart. It was repeatable, but not reportable as their appears to be no feedback option on the app!
It's been doing that for me for a while, so now I no longer bother trying to read their messages.

Chalk up another win for IHG!
Old Feb 8, 2018, 11:56 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, AA 3 million, IHG RA, United, Delta
Last night I could not even make a reservation on the IHG.com. I had to go to the site map to get to make a reservation! On the new Accelerate, my stays are correct on the new “Your account” I am missing most of the stays and my two nights using points are listed as non-qualifying rate.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 4:12 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Wow. The annoying map has finally been replaced with a list of hotels i can scroll down.
Looks similar to the Hilton web site now. A lot easier to scroll down the hotel list now.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 7:31 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

That's good news, stanontour. I'll look at it the next time I need a hotel. I've been avoiding the IHG site since the improvements.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.