FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   The New IHG Web Booking Interface is PISSING ME OFF! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1879224-new-ihg-web-booking-interface-pissing-me-off.html)

serpens Jan 6, 2018 7:25 am

Probably this thread should be merged with the thread The New IHG Web Booking Interface is PISSING ME OFF! even though the new IHG web site is bad enough to merit two (or more) threads.

As an aside, the web site is probably my fault. I was just about to make IHG my "go to" chain, and someone heard about that and came out with the new site. Sorry.

MD/DC Flyer Jan 6, 2018 12:20 pm

Be very careful on the new website when booking the Chase Free night certificate.

If there is another type of rate in the search - it will show you all types of rooms in the hotel as "FREE". But when you go and book it actually booked into another rate (but still showing free on the confirmation). Cancelling that reservation will NOT return the certificate back to the account - which require a call to do.

#1son Jan 6, 2018 7:11 pm

I was never pissed off, just mystified how a major company like IHG could disrupt their entire business model and not seem to care :confused:

rrohio Jan 6, 2018 8:12 pm

Absolutely TERRIBLE I HATE the new website

nomiiiii Jan 7, 2018 1:48 am

Their website team really should focus more on making a stronger login instead of 4 numbers, instead of making the UI worse.

paolo64 Jan 7, 2018 2:30 am

They changed the currency selector on the mobile site. It used to default to the currency if the hotel selected ( ie looking for a hotel in Thailand the rates are in Baht). Now it does not but remembers the last currency used and you have to change it manually ( and the drop-down menu list is currencies alpha order rath than countries, so Thailand is only listed under B for Baht).
Totally bizarre.

IAN-UK Jan 7, 2018 4:05 am

The new site probably aims to be more intuitive for new users (I'm being generous). But it's certainly hard work for those of used to the quirks of the old one

tdcao Jan 7, 2018 4:26 am

Now NONE of my web browsers will show the old site! I guess their supposedly um.. UPGRADE is now complete. Once I'm done using up my points then BUH-BYE IHG! MORONS!

jphripjah Jan 7, 2018 5:04 am

Originally Posted by Steph58 (Post 29205970)
You might want to do that . . . . I called to ask when I'll be able to see my upcoming stays. Was told in about a week, they are aware of the problem. Immediately after nicely asking the question, I was given points for the inconvenience. Maybe selecting the option to provide feedback helped; maybe Spire helps; maybe my upcoming reservations helped. It was the quickest, most painless call I've ever experienced with IHG.

I emailed them about the problem and they said they are not aware of this being an issue at all, and maybe it was because I had two accounts they had to merge, blah, blah

I did find one work around. Click on "manage reservations" on the main home page while logged in. Wait 3-5 seconds. Your next 5-10 reservations should come up.

FlyingChuck Jan 7, 2018 9:20 am

Count me in as well... can't book Ambassador BOGO night at the Venetian. Repeatedly get the following:

An error has occurred. Please contact your nearest reservation office and a representative will be able to assist you.

winkny Jan 7, 2018 12:36 pm

Probably the problem is that more users access the site from mobile devices then PC.
So you have to have two different sites one for mobile devices and one for PC.
But i guess more company are decided they can save some money making one site for both devices,
and since more users access the site from mobile , just use the same site for PC too.
That is why the site is with this big buttons.

This is just my two cents.

beachmouse Jan 7, 2018 5:33 pm

Hate to say it but it could be worse. I made the mistake of selecting the 'try the beta site' for La Quinta Hotels a while back, and it's os broke at this point, their basic hotel search engine doesn't even reliably work.

thunderlounge Jan 7, 2018 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by nomiiiii (Post 29260373)
Their website team really should focus more on making a stronger login instead of 4 numbers, instead of making the UI worse.

In full honesty, it isn’t the actual developers that are responsible, it’s the people above them that make the decisions. The developers then code up what they are tasked to do.

pretzlaff Jan 8, 2018 9:21 am

For the first time yesterday I was sent to the 'new' site. I don't know why, maybe I haven't checked it for a week.

The new website is awful. I have to scroll and scroll and scroll on my desktop to see the hotel list.

My 27" monitor has been reduced to the level of a 5" phone screen.

The old website had everything on the screen at once (with maybe one page worth of info below), now I have to scroll and click and go back and scroll and click.

Are these people idiots? Do they not use their own website?

King Chung Huang Jan 8, 2018 11:22 am

Originally Posted by pretzlaff (Post 29265316)
… My 27" monitor has been reduced to the level of a 5" phone screen. …

I totally agree. The humongous elements on the hotel list makes it a chore to scroll through on my 13" MacBook. And, I can no longer see both the points required for a reward night and the cost of a regular paid night together. It's one or the other, now. The way it shifts the map as you scroll is super annoying, too.