FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   The New IHG Web Booking Interface is PISSING ME OFF! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1879224-new-ihg-web-booking-interface-pissing-me-off.html)

demue Dec 4, 2017 4:49 am

Using Chrome from SIN I get the new site and it constantly says "invalid corporate id" for a range of days and properties which of course is utter nonsense as the code is perfectly fine. At least the android app still seems ok.

What a bunch of morons, it is a web site not an advanced AI project. You would think it couldn't be that hard to do a decent job.

whimike Dec 4, 2017 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by tdcao (Post 29131564)
On my macbook, Safari got me the old site, Chrome got me the STUPID new site. ...!

That is interesting, I have the exact opposite. In Safari I get the new site and in Chrome I get the old site.

stimpy Dec 7, 2017 10:01 am

Now there is a new account page. And it's missing some details that we used to be able to see on the main page. Now there is a new page that has things like rollover nights, total points earned, etc. Not sure I like this.

stanontour Dec 7, 2017 11:20 am

I can only view one reservation. Looked everywhere for details of all my reservations. No where to be found.
Then i happened to click into the only reservation view-able on what has to be the worse web site i have had the misfortune to use recently.
I noticed an old style link to view all reservations. Well hidden IHG

Well done IHG for most probably the worse hotel web site out there. Luckily most of my stays i have switched to Hilton and SPG
This surely must be turning customers away. Its certainly stopped me using the web based booking engine. Even the mobile site seems to redirect me to this tosh now!

IAN-UK Dec 8, 2017 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 29145878)
Now there is a new account page. And it's missing some details that we used to be able to see on the main page. Now there is a new page that has things like rollover nights, total points earned, etc. Not sure I like this.

It's very hard to like. It's utility is very limited. Looks like something designed by a person who has never stayed in hotels.

I can't find details of upcoming reservations beyond the first one. Useless and annoying.

stimpy Dec 8, 2017 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK (Post 29150907)
I can't find details of upcoming reservations beyond the first one. Useless and annoying.

You have to click on Stays and Events near the top. But it is a terribly designed interface. Way more clicking involved compared to before.

Lionheart Dec 8, 2017 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 29151010)
You have to click on Stays and Events near the top. But it is a terribly designed interface. Way more clicking involved compared to before.

I have been unable to edit the dates of a refundable booking. If I attempt to change either the check-in or check-out date, it comes up with an error about special characters or some nonsense. Basically it's broken their end. Had to phone the hotel for them to edit it on their system.

And don't get me started on the white space.

Or the complete lack of computer friendliness. It looks like they have designed it for a large tablet device, and forgotten about >90% of their users.

I totally get they want to improve their back-end software - you don't need to hugely change your website for the worse in the progress though!!

chrism20 Dec 9, 2017 12:45 am

I’d managed to dodge the new look until this morning.

Absolutely terrible and very sluggish.

IAN-UK Dec 9, 2017 2:19 am

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 29151010)

Thanks for that, I finally got there. "Stays and Events" indeed!

No idea what "events" are. "Stays and Nonsense".

I'd have thought the reservations I have in their system constituted a content item worthy of its own space, with a prominent pathway.

Nothing wrong with "Future Stays" or "Reservations".

TPJ Dec 9, 2017 10:27 am

+1

I enrolled myself into 2018 Accelerate, but I cannot see my challenges on the new web site - there is no link to take me to the Accelerate web site :(

Ahhh - and I cannot even sign in on Mobile App as they 'have difficulties with their backend system'.

Pseudo Nym Dec 10, 2017 11:13 pm

I have already checked out of the HI over the weekend and yet its still showing the past booking as the current one and not the one that I am going to be checking in to next week.

Fyd Dec 11, 2017 1:43 am

Originally Posted by tdcao (Post 29131564)
On my macbook, Safari got me the old site, Chrome got me the STUPID new site. ...!

On Chrome/Mac I get what looks like a mobile version - it's only maybe 20% of the width of the screen, so I can't read anything...
I guess I book a Marriott/Hilton/anything else instead...

demue Dec 12, 2017 7:00 am

Well, in case anyone else is experiencing issues with invalid corporate ids, try adding leading zeros. All the ids are 9 digits, but in the past for our company code it is actually 6 numbers and one didn't have to enter the 3 leading zeros. No more.

yurtripper Dec 12, 2017 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Fyd (Post 29159235)
On Chrome/Mac I get what looks like a mobile version - it's only maybe 20% of the width of the screen, so I can't read anything...
I guess I book a Marriott/Hilton/anything else instead...

Yes. Apparently, this is exactly what IHG wants you to do. I mean, if they didn't want you to book elsewhere then why on earth would they redesign the site in this way?

I took their hint and gave up on a booking in Athens and booked myself into King George LC instead. SPG will get my business instead of IHG (for some reason, SPG haven't yet decided to make their website unusable).

stimpy Dec 12, 2017 4:27 pm

I might change my mind about this new website. I just made a 1 night booking at a cheap $73 HI and the site says that I will earn 26,752 base points plus that again for elite status for a total of 53,504 points. If that goes through I will become the new website's biggest fan!