FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   The New IHG Web Booking Interface is PISSING ME OFF! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1879224-new-ihg-web-booking-interface-pissing-me-off.html)

stimpy Mar 25, 2018 9:34 am

Originally Posted by beachmouse (Post 29564705)
Okay, it's now 3/25 and the web site is still telling me about my upcoming stay from 3/22-3/24. On the app, that same stay shows as both an upcoming stay and a past stay.

Database weirdness?

That's been going on for a while now. It's several days delayed.

Expat_852 Mar 26, 2018 4:14 am

Would you like to stay last night?

Originally Posted by beachmouse (Post 29564705)
Okay, it's now 3/25 and the web site is still telling me about my upcoming stay from 3/22-3/24. On the app, that same stay shows as both an upcoming stay and a past stay.

Database weirdness?

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 29564711)
That's been going on for a while now. It's several days delayed.

There also seems to be a lag in the reservation system. When looking for a hotel but rates are not available for a chosen period I am finding that if I click the 'show available dates' button the calendar shows me that rooms are available for the night before.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...7899c37725.jpg

jphripjah Mar 29, 2018 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by King Chung Huang (Post 29280032)
I'm having a similar problem. No matter what I search for, the search results page just has a spinning indicator and never shows any hotels.

I can find hotels, I get the perpetual spinning/loading indicator when I try to choose a room.

King Chung Huang Mar 30, 2018 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by jphripjah (Post 29581864)
I can find hotels, I get the perpetual spinning/loading indicator when I try to choose a room.

I think the problem's caused by caching of older JavaScript files. The new website is client-side heavy and there's usually scripting errors in the console whenever pages fail to load.

I've found clearing caches or using a private browser window helps whenever I get pages that won't load, to avoid locally cached JS.

jphripjah Mar 30, 2018 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by King Chung Huang (Post 29584936)
I think the problem's caused by caching of older JavaScript files. The new website is client-side heavy and there's usually scripting errors in the console whenever pages fail to load.

I've found clearing caches or using a private browser window helps whenever I get pages that won't load, to avoid locally cached JS.

Thank you!

Ismilee Apr 13, 2018 11:25 pm

For the last several days my 'recent activity has been listed as: 'Nothing in the past 12 months' although I've just completed my last stay for Accelerate and my balance has gone up by 40,000 points. So in the last month I've had several stays, credit card miles post, etc. Very frustrating! Is this a common problem right now, or only me?

javabytes Apr 14, 2018 1:27 pm

How in the hell do you view stay details now? I can pull up a reservation, but whenever I click View Stay Details, it partially loads that page and then immediately redirects back to the main IHG reservation booking page.

vsevolod4 Apr 15, 2018 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by jphripjah (Post 29581864)

I sometimes get this once I choose a room and it gives me various rates -- and I choose rates.

It must be something with dynamic HTML. They sometimes show you stuff and it disappears.
Or you search for just best available rate and AAA rate, and it gives you rewards nights. You un-select rewards nights, and it gets re-selected the next time you search.
Your search results may show points instead of dollars, when you want dollars. They've added tab buttons at the top, but sometimes those buttons result in a perpetual spinning indicator.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ypd5ccoi6f...01.35.png?dl=0
Or a spinning indicator that's stopped -- a stationary, non-spinning, circle.
Whoever did the UX design, and then the QA for this website, should be shot.

CarlosRodrigue Apr 18, 2018 7:33 pm

They have ruined their website. It used to work good.

wlau Apr 20, 2018 2:23 am

I swear I thought I accidentally ran my browser in Mobile mode and got cookie'ed. I guess everyone has the same issue. The new site is redesigned for mobile phones, and looks terrible on a computer screen. They don't realize how much business they lost from me because I gave up navigating the crazy website!

ShopAround Apr 20, 2018 8:53 am

The group RFP website is even worse. I book hotels for around 200 groups a year and used the IHG RFP a lot. It used to be simple and easy and now it's a hot mess that looks like it's designed for a child to use. It's slipped from first to last on my list when I'm looking for group rooms - the annoying interface means I'll check the Hilton or Marriott RFP websites before I'll bother with IHG.

CarlosRodrigue Apr 20, 2018 10:51 pm

They WILL lose business. Only idiots can kill a good website. I just move my hotels stays to another chain where it is easy to book them. Also - Wyndham site is not good anymore. So I don't do much business there either. Idiots.

stanontour May 3, 2018 1:13 am

Renewing ambassador online finally worked today! also the 15000 points posted for renewing.

jn in ca May 3, 2018 3:39 pm

Not that you need another reason to hate the new IHG website, but I found another. If someone makes two awards stays for the same night (sometimes it happens), and then cancels them, the website will only return the points for one stay per a particular date. The customer has to contact IHG to get the other points back.

beachmouse May 22, 2018 9:00 pm

Just when the web site seemed to be stabilizing a little bit, they're messing with the search interface on the home page again.