Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
Another quarter, another Accelerate. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q3accelerate2017
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate Q3 2017 (1st September to 31st December)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2017, 11:59 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
My promo starts out fairly easy:
2,000 - Stay Once
3,000 - Stay in September
and then offers points for every 3 additional nights:
5,000 - After Night 4
3,000 - After Night 7
3,000 - After Night 10
3,000 - After Night 13
3,000 - After Night 16
15,000 - After Night 19
I'll probably just do one paid night in September to grab an easy 5k and then stop. Partly that's because I'm going hard at MR right now to reach Lifetime Platinum before the qualifications potentially change next year. But it's also partly because I've found IHG properties have often priced 10-20% above their direct MR and HH competition the past year or so. Small bonuses (1k/night) do not make up for that.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:00 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
My Q3 challenge is a bit meh...

1,000 Stay Once, Get 1,000 bonus points

9,000 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 9 night(s) and earn 9,000 bonus points.

7,200 Be The Readiest™
Stay at 3 Holiday Inn Express® hotel(s) and earn 7,200 bonus points.

3,500 Travel with the IHG® App
Book 4 stay(s) with the IHG® App and earn 3,500 bonus points.

1,000 Earn When You Redeem

18,300 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 4 of the 5 offers and earn (an additional) 18,300 bonus points.

2,000 September Bonus Offer
Stay once in September and get 2,000 bonus points.

TOTAL 42,000
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:12 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, BA Gold, Hyatt
Mine is more enticing this time, plus I can probably knock it all out (not including the credit card thing) by the middle of October with trips I've already got planned:
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
Old Aug 16, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: AA ExecPlatinum; AF Silver; HH Diamond; IHG Spire; MB Platinum; Avis President; and, Hertz President
Does anyone know the answer to this question? For the Accelerate promotion ending 31Aug, does a stay on the night of 31Aug (i.e. check-in 31Aug and check-out on 1Sep) count as a stay? Many thanks.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 7:51 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by MikeWhiskey
Does anyone know the answer to this question? For the Accelerate promotion ending 31Aug, does a stay on the night of 31Aug (i.e. check-in 31Aug and check-out on 1Sep) count as a stay? Many thanks.
YES, check in day/night always counts. ^
Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:04 am

Programs: AA ExecPlatinum; AF Silver; HH Diamond; IHG Spire; MB Platinum; Avis President; and, Hertz President
Many thanks Tony, much appreciated.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:03 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by OtleyFlyer
One of my offers was

Stay at Holiday Inn Express®
Stay at 0 Holiday Inn Express® hotel(s) and earn 0 bonus points.

Think I can manage that one!
The hard part is when you try to work out what your points per stay ratio is on the offer.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Only numbers 1-4 are the qualifying activity for the bonus. Also check the terms of those to see if the stay needs to be booked AND consumed during the period.

Task 5 is the bonus and 6 & 7 are further incidental boni unrelated to 5.
Thank you. I was "afraid" of that (even though it is not stated as clearly as it should have been)
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:58 am

Weekend stay requirement

Quite new to IHG (accelerate) but these are getting progressively more difficult for me (perhaps unsurprisingly).

2000 Stay once and earn 2,000 bonus points.
2500 Stay 2 time(s) using your corporate rate and earn 2,500 bonus points.
22000 Stay 11 night(s) and earn 22,000 bonus points.
1000 Earn When You Redeem
4000 Single stay of 4 or more consecutive nights.
4000 Stay with us for the weekend and earn 4,000 bonus points.
5600 Stay 4 nights at participating IHG® hotels in Germany
10000 Your Achievement Bonus (6/7)

The 2x 4 nighters do not fit in with my travel plans.
I have an Ambassador Weekend Certifacte night coming up in December - could anyone tell me if that qualifies for the weekend stay challenge?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
Another boring offer.

3,000 September Bonus Offer
Stay once in September and get 2,500 bonus points.

2,000 Stay Once, Get 2,000 bonus points
Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Stay once and earn 2,000 bonus points.

13,600 Stay 12 Nights
Get an additional 13,600 bonus points after night 12.

3,000 Stay 3 more nights
Get an additional 3,000 bonus points after night 15.

3,000 Stay 3 more nights
Get an additional 3,000 bonus points after night 18.

3,000 Stay 3 more nights
Get an additional 3,000 bonus points after night 21.

3,000 Stay 3 more nights
Get an additional 3,000 bonus points after night 24.

15,000 Stay 3 more nights
Get an additional 15,000 bonus points after night 27.

As a Platinum I have stayed 2 nights so far this year. This is not the promotion to encourage me to stay more. I may only receive the 2,000 bonus points for stay once.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 11:09 am

Programs: UA*S A3*G TK *G EY G AA G RJ Gold IHG Spire Amb HH DIamond Marriott Gold BW DIAMOND SELECT
Corporate rate

One of my requirements is to book using my corporate rate, but there is no button to press to book this requirement. Although I do have a small business, it's name consists of letters and the "optional" space to list the corporation only accepts numbers. When I called Spire IHG I was told that that some tasks are impossible and that happens to be one of them. When I questioned her logic and asked to speak to a supervisor she said she WAS a supervisor and I would get the same answer from her supervisor. When I insisted nonetheless the new supervisor hung up on me. So, how do I find out my corporate number for booking?

Last edited by flyinhy; Aug 16, 2017 at 11:10 am Reason: Typo
Old Aug 16, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by flyinhy
One of my requirements is to book using my corporate rate, but there is no button to press to book this requirement. Although I do have a small business, it's name consists of letters and the "optional" space to list the corporation only accepts numbers. When I called Spire IHG I was told that that some tasks are impossible and that happens to be one of them. When I questioned her logic and asked to speak to a supervisor she said she WAS a supervisor and I would get the same answer from her supervisor. When I insisted nonetheless the new supervisor hung up on me. So, how do I find out my corporate number for booking?
http://www.hotelcorporatecodes.com/7...ate-codes.html
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Flying Blue
Registration Bonus - new Accelerate

My latest offer includes 500 points for registering for the new Accelerate promo.

However reading the T&Cs

Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded after the member registers for the “Accelerate” Promotion between 1 September 2017 and 31 December 2017 (both dates inclusive)

Does this mean that I, along with many others, won't get the 500 point registration bonus?

Last edited by martinrennard; Aug 19, 2017 at 3:46 am
Old Aug 16, 2017, 5:12 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Meh...I'm going to pass this time around and stick with Wyndham Rewards. I am on track to spend 19 fewer nights with IHG this year and my offer wants me to stay more nights than the summer accelerate.

Working on the Wyndham stay two nights get a free night promo. 15k for a Wyndham Grand sounds good to me.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:01 pm

Question on my Accelerate

I haven't redeemed for these two on Accelerate before:

2,400 Stay for Less and Earn
Earn 2,400 bonus points when you book 1 stay(s) using Points & Cash. We’ll reward you with bonus points when you use a combination of Points & Cash, allowing you to stretch your Reward Nights even farther. Terms

1,500 Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card
Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn bonus points. Terms

Do any of you know if you have to purchase the WHOLE night for the 1500 points, or if you do the points+cash for 2400, if that also qualifies you for the 1500 if you spend the cash part on your CC? I'd love to kill 2 birds with 1 stone. . . Otherwise I'd have to stay 2 separate nights to get it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.