Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

InterContinental Singapore Robertson Quay -Master Thread 2017 onwards

Old Aug 8, 2017, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: scubaccr
General Email :-
"SINIC Reservations" <[email protected]>

Pre-Opening Contact:-

Zak Muysken
Director of Guest Services

INTERCONTINENTAL® SINGAPORE ROBERTSON QUAY <== Now OPEN, Oct2017
Pre-opening Office:
25 North Bridge Road,
Level 1 EFG Bank Building, Singapore 179104
Hotel Hotline: +65 6826 5000

www.intercontinental.com/robertson-quay
Print Wikipost

InterContinental Singapore Robertson Quay -Master Thread 2017 onwards

Old Aug 8, 2017, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
InterContinental Singapore Robertson Quay - [Master Thread 2017]

All fya , opening is postponed until 1st October 2017

Looks like hotel customer relations is emailing booked guests 30days out, as I received info today 8th August for 8th September checkin

Email Info Excerpt
==============

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at InterContinental Singapore Robertson Quay, from 8 September for xxxxx nights.

We have been working very closely with our hotel partners over the past couple of months towards getting our brand new hotel ready, for you. However, as we work on putting on the additional finer touches and refining our service experience to further enhance your first stay with us, we will unfortunately need some extra time before we officially unveil the hotel in full completion from 1 October 2017.

As our valued Spire Royal Ambassador, we would like to present our new property to you only at its best, and sincerely apologise for the inconvenience that the change in hotel opening dates may cause to your travel plans. Hence, to ensure that you continue to fully enjoy your stay in Singapore with seamless transition of accommodation arrangements for your upcoming stay, we have made plans for you to experience our sister hotel, InterContinental Singapore, located at the arts and heritage district of Bugis and Bras Basah, during your stipulated stay period.

Last edited by scubaccr; Aug 8, 2017 at 7:04 am
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by scubaccr
All fya , opening is postponed until 1st October 2017

Looks like hotel customer relations is emailing booked guests 30days out, as I received info today 8th August for 8th September checkin

Email Info Excerpt
==============

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at InterContinental Singapore Robertson Quay, from 8 September for xxxxx nights.

We have been working very closely with our hotel partners over the past couple of months towards getting our brand new hotel ready, for you. However, as we work on putting on the additional finer touches and refining our service experience to further enhance your first stay with us, we will unfortunately need some extra time before we officially unveil the hotel in full completion from 1 October 2017.

As our valued Spire Royal Ambassador, we would like to present our new property to you only at its best, and sincerely apologise for the inconvenience that the change in hotel opening dates may cause to your travel plans. Hence, to ensure that you continue to fully enjoy your stay in Singapore with seamless transition of accommodation arrangements for your upcoming stay, we have made plans for you to experience our sister hotel, InterContinental Singapore, located at the arts and heritage district of Bugis and Bras Basah, during your stipulated stay period.
I have a reservation on late September. Yes, I'm aware that opening date has been postponed but I have not received any official notification from IC Robertson Quay yet.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:33 am

Im booked with them for the F1 weekend, and the InterContinental Singapore looks sold out. Wonder what will happen to my reservation...
Old Aug 10, 2017, 4:24 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jerrremy
Im booked with them for the F1 weekend, and the InterContinental Singapore looks sold out. Wonder what will happen to my reservation...
Same company owns the HIX across the creek, enjoy!
Old Aug 10, 2017, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by markis10
Same company owns the HIX across the creek, enjoy!
Sounds like, er, fun.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Trivago search result for 2night Sat 16/9 - Mon 18/9 5* F1 weekend Singapore, sorted by Distance from Robertson Quay =>
https://www.trivago.sg/?iPathId=4427...&iFilterTab=0&

15-18th September then, F1 Singapore is a night race. Are you booked for 1/2/3 nights that weekend? See wiiki for contact info, be proactive to have best other options !

WOW if IC Roberson full hat weekend and hotel honours walks to other 5*'s it will cost a fortune.

IHG Walk guidelines, if they can be said to apply to early cancel notify as gainst no room at checkin time includes

1. Book guest to nearby equivalent quality standard hotel, and pay for transport between hotels
(Does not need to be IHG hotel, but yes IC Bugis is sold out, IC Roberstons can move RAs to IC Bugis with RA force but not the non-RA guests)
2. IHG Hotel to pay first night for guest at other hotel (and refund/not-charge for that first night at their hotel)
3. Provide night/points credit at IHG for that first night

Now whilst IC pays first night, even if costlier, guest needs pay for remaining nights .

Normally IHG hotel can agree good (cheaper than can get ones self) rate for you at other hotel. With F1 even if discounted, at this stage in year, bound to be higher than IC nightly rate.

Suggest you use trivago.com, search and limit to 5* hotels 75+/80+/85+ ratings, (obviously can't expect higher status eg Ritz Carlton) , then ask for IC Robertsons to put move you to hotel and pay first night.

If you have only a 1night booking, then you will not be out of pocket, and even with mutinight, total cost of
i)2nights with first night free paid by IC OR ii)3nights with first night free paid by IC ... can still be less sg$$$ than any original multight booking at IC Robertson.
(PLUS I'D ask IC robersson pick up rate of most expensive night of multinight stay that weekend, as being Event the main event night is the priciest)
Alawyer likes this.

Last edited by scubaccr; Aug 10, 2017 at 5:08 am
Old Aug 10, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, BA Gold, Hyatt
I had a reservation for here as well for the F1 weekend and got my email today. They booked me at the Grand Hyatt, which is considerably further away, but they are honouring my Club room booking with the same type at the GH and still allowing me to use my Ambassador free night certificate for my second night. Sadly, I've got a reservation from Monday - Wednesday at the other IC and now really wish that I had just reserved it for the whole of my stay but I wanted to try out the brand new IC. Oh well.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KMPete
I had a reservation for here as well for the F1 weekend and got my email today. They booked me at the Grand Hyatt, which is considerably further away, but they are honouring my Club room booking with the same type at the GH and still allowing me to use my Ambassador free night certificate for my second night. Sadly, I've got a reservation from Monday - Wednesday at the other IC and now really wish that I had just reserved it for the whole of my stay but I wanted to try out the brand new IC. Oh well.

I'd guess untill a review start of August IC Roberston Quay were quietly hoping to still open on 1st September, but now need take action for Sep2017 bookings
(I wonder if 1st Sep will be soft opening , with only some rooms ready to be sold, and final touches/furnidhing of some floors still to do ?)

Nice to see this IC's management, is proactively rebooking guests to comparative hotel at their own cost for 1st nights and same room type if not as base room booked. Too many reports of late opening hotels simply canceling reservations.

Interesting ref you having a BOGO , as IHG Walk is worded that ... IC Robertson pay first night, in your case IC is paying first two nights, ie honouring free night 2nd night of bogo booking too.

Kudos to this IC for be fair about 2night bogo without needing to be asked/reminded first. ^
Old Aug 24, 2017, 8:46 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Looks like available dates for booking on the IHG website have been pushed back to 1 December.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 11:13 am

Booked with them in October when they were supposedly suppose to open, but looks like its delayed till December again. I cannot get disappointed enough...
Old Aug 29, 2017, 10:37 pm

Is the opening confirmed to be delayed? I have a stay booked in October but didn't receive any email about the delay.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mortarteam91
Is the opening confirmed to be delayed? I have a stay booked in October but didn't receive any email about the delay.
Be proactive see info in wiki i provided

Regards IC contacting you, the hotel is no doubt working datewise frpm earliest nights onwards.

Whilst hotel may no longer accept bookings before december (to protect itself againat cost of walking guests and paying first nights as already posted in this thread) hotel may still hope to open earlier.
Hotel might decide that 30days notice to you is enough, as 30days out hotel will have better idea if will open on your night
Alawyer likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 6:54 am

Received the email from the hotel today. Looks like they are not opening in early October. Rebooked in the other IC.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:14 am

Programs: JMB Diamond,NH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, IHG Royal Ambassador Spire,
From what I heard today from someone in IHG it may not open this year. Whether true or not, worth noting perhaps. I wonder what the problem is though if true.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:20 am

Really looking forward to the opening of this hotel. Wonder what is wrong?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.