FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   10% Point rebate as Plat question (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1856768-10-point-rebate-plat-question.html)

RDY3238 Jul 26, 2017 3:58 pm

10% Point rebate as Plat question

IHG Plat Chase credit card holders get a 10% discount on point redemptions.
Is the 10% discount applied at booking, or are the points returned to your account after the stay?

i.e. A London Hotel @ 40k points, would be 36k after the discount.
I would have enough points to redeem for an extra night if the discount is applied at booking.

Thanks for any info !
rdy

336 Jul 26, 2017 4:05 pm

It is a point rebate, a few weeks after your stay.

RDY3238 Jul 26, 2017 4:08 pm

Thank you.

Mauibaby2008 Jul 26, 2017 5:41 pm

One of the nights do 35k+ cash co pay.

Tony300S Jul 28, 2017 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008 (Post 28612415)
One of the nights do 35k+ cash co pay.

Yup, Points & Cash booking will work for the OP in that situation. And yes, 10% rebate takes several weeks, for me seems to be the statement closing after the stay.

CalItalian Jul 28, 2017 10:39 pm

My checkout was 7/17 from a Staybridge Suites. 5 night stay. Received the 10% points back in my account today, 7/28.

RDY3238 Jul 29, 2017 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by CalItalian (Post 28621619)
My checkout was 7/17 from a Staybridge Suites. 5 night stay. Received the 10% points back in my account today, 7/28.

Good advice all round. Thank you.
I was actually going to try the new Staybridge Suites Vauxhall - how was your experience - any Plat recognition etc?

Thx

Happy Jul 29, 2017 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by RDY3238 (Post 28623284)
Good advice all round. Thank you.
I was actually going to try the new Staybridge Suites Vauxhall - how was your experience - any Plat recognition etc?

Thx

We stayed at that Staybridge in May 2016 and loved it.

Can't recall what upgrade if there is any, is given. I believe they offer a choice of drinks or points for Spire and Plat as amenity. Yes, they recognize the status.

All rooms are equipped with a full kitchen situated along the wall at the foyer area right after you enter the room. Very nice furnishing and comfortable king bed.

The best part of the location is their very healthy / fresh / plentiful breakfast. The cut fruits are freshly made in small batch consisting many variety of fruits. Many different kinds of yogurts, juices, and choices of milk. Nice selection of cereals and breads. Hot dishes have the usual egg/bacon/sausage that the variety changed each morning (we stayed for 2 nights).

We think this is the best IHG property in London, for our needs anyway.

Location is super convenient as it is a short walk thru the small community park you are at the Vauxhall station. There is a small Sainsbury right by the station. Very easy walk to the embankment. Convenient bus stops nearby along the embankment.

You would like it.

RDY3238 Jul 29, 2017 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 28623433)
We stayed at that Staybridge in May 2016 and loved it.

We think this is the best IHG property in London, for our needs anyway.
Location is super convenient as it is a short walk thru the small community park you are at the Vauxhall station. There is a small Sainsbury right by the station. Very easy walk to the embankment. Convenient bus stops nearby along the embankment.

You would like it.

Thx for reply. As an ex pat Londoner I've stayed in all the Hilton/Carlson/SPG properties over the years. Now I'm into IHG after the massive shortcomings /devaluation of the prior programs. I like S. of the river. So this trip I have Staybridge (IHG) and the new Carlson Pk Plaza Waterloo in my sights. The London HI properties leave a lot to be desired. I know where they all are located and many are somewhat tired and overpriced.
I'm too noise averse now for the Camden and Covent Garden crowds. (Mispent youth alert)
Thx
rdy

aljacket Jul 30, 2017 5:07 am

FYI..If you join IHG Ambassador program, then renew the following year. For a few extra dollars, you get the option for another 10% rebate program.

If you combine Ambassador 10% , Chase 10% with points and dollars, you can get some great steals out there.

Tony300S Aug 25, 2017 8:05 am

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by aljacket (Post 28625374)
FYI..If you join IHG Ambassador program, then renew the following year. For a few extra dollars, you get the option for another 10% rebate program.

If you combine Ambassador 10% , Chase 10% with points and dollars, you can get some great steals out there.

Yes, that option is $200 vs $150 for standard cash renewal (SEE BELOW). Definitely worth it if you plan to burn a few hundred-thousand miles in the upcoming year.

Based on the standard valuation of $.005 or half-cent IHG point value you would break even redeeming 100K points for a rebate of 10K with that extra AMB option.

I'm renewing with the Points option this year (also eligible for the 10% rebate) as I plan to spend 2018 building back my points stash. :D

Points Scrounger Aug 25, 2017 10:18 am

Please clarify, are the CC 10% rebate, and the AMB 10% rebate, stackable at all properties, not just IC brand? I ask is it looks as though I'm going to have to buy Ambassador to retain Spire status for 2018.

Tony300S Aug 29, 2017 11:58 am

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger (Post 28735035)
Please clarify, are the CC 10% rebate, and the AMB 10% rebate, stackable at all properties, not just IC brand? I ask is it looks as though I'm going to have to buy Ambassador to retain Spire status for 2018.

Good question.... I never used this option myself yet, so I looked into the terms and found the following:

"** You will receive 10% of redeemed points back on Reward Night redemptions for 12 months. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks after each Reward Night stay for rebated points to be deposited into your account. The maximum number of points to be rebated shall not exceed 100,000 points in a calendar year. Not applicable on non-Reward Night redemption items."

So based on that, it seems to be stackable with CC 10% at ALL IHG properties, not just IC's. I'm sure others here can confirm.

floridatraveler90 Aug 29, 2017 12:15 pm

Anyone know if there's any way to get the 10% rebate for the first year of ambassador? I've never been Ambassador before and will be staying a week at the IC's in Bora Bora on points next August. So it would be worth it for the extra cause I'm redeeming approximately 500,000 points.

Bloobell Aug 30, 2017 7:45 am

Sadly no, the 10% rebate option is effectively a reward for loyalty it appears.

I've been doing it for 5 years now and it's yielded me far more points than the cost of the Ambassador Membership, not to mention had me some fantastic upgrades and savings via the Weekend Certificate