Tel. +1-213-6887777

For reservations: [email protected]

Link to hotel:
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...hc/hoteldetail

Next tube / subway station:
7th Street / Metro Center served by all tram and metro lines

Pre-opening thread
Pre-Opening Thread

Lounge access (show to lounge agent - see this post)
Print Wikipost

IC Los Angeles Downtown Master Thread

Old Sep 8, 2019, 8:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by GundamWing01
are you RA? if so, its waived. otherwise its YMMV.
I am not, but am IHG platinum... no mention was made at the FD about the fee.
GundamWing01 likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by hi55us
I am not, but am IHG platinum... no mention was made at the FD about the fee.
nice. thank you for the DP.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 8:14 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 9/6 - 9/8

Location: The hotel between Wilshire and 7th Street on Figueroa. There is a pedestrian entrance on Wilshire and both Google Maps and Waze will direct you here. I drove here my first time and one of my Ubers tried to pick me up here. The entrance for vehicles as well as another pedestrian entrance are on 7th. You can actually walk to some decent downtown stuff from the hotel: there's banks nearby, a Chic Fil A across the street, a 24 hour Dennys and a 24 hour local diner within two blocks and the 7th Street Metro station is directly across the street.

Hotel: I was extremely impressed by this hotel, in fact I consider it one of the nicest hotels I've been to in the US. The entrance on level 1 has a small coffee shop as well as elevators up to the 7th floor where there's a 24 hour gym, outdoor pool with a bar near it along with a lot of event space. The main hotel lobby is on the 70th floor and the elevator from 1 takes you there. The lobby itself is incredible with floor to ceiling windows on three sides showing the whole city. There's a nice bar in the lobby as well with an incredible liquor selection: top shelf stuff, small batch stuff, everything. The 69th and 71st floors have more restaurants which you can access from here and 73 of course has a rooftop bar. Once on 70 you there are other elevator banks to your rooms. I will note that valet parking was annoying. You drop off on the lower lobby level but have to pick up your car at P1 inside the parking garage. I called down twice 15 minutes in advance and both times when I showed up they'd misplaced the car.

Check In: I had received an email in advance telling me I was upgraded from my paid King Suite to an Executive Suite. Check in went well and the staff there and everywhere else at the hotel were amazing.

Room: Simply incredible. Huge floor to ceiling windows on three floors so the view from my 55th floor were incredible. The suite was large too with a living room area, desk, large king bed with outlets next to it and a large bathroom with separate tub and shower. Wifi worked well too.

Dining: I will note that our minibar was missing some items when we checked in and I stupidly didn't point it out and got charged for it. As an AMB I got a $20 F&B credit a day which included the minibar. However, there was no price list (it was literally missing from the in room dining guide). Also, I drank something from the minibar Saturday and visited the bar Sunday and only got one credit. As far as the bar's go, the pool bar (The No Dive Bar) is quite nice though obviously pricy ($18 cocktails, $30 burgers etc.). The lobby bar is also really nice with an incredible liquor selection both with top shelf stuff and good small batch bottles. I was impressed.

Minus the few hiccups I liked this hotel a lot. It works well if you have to be in downtown LA and it feels very luxurious in a way US hotels often don't. Consider me very impressed.
saint, hi55us and xZ4sdDMlSu4aiq63 like this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
Dining: I will note that our minibar was missing some items when we checked in and I stupidly didn't point it out and got charged for it. As an AMB I got a $20 F&B credit a day which included the minibar. However, there was no price list (it was literally missing from the in room dining guide). Also, I drank something from the minibar Saturday and visited the bar Sunday and only got one credit. As far as the bar's go, the pool bar (The No Dive Bar) is quite nice though obviously pricy ($18 cocktails, $30 burgers etc.). The lobby bar is also really nice with an incredible liquor selection both with top shelf stuff and good small batch bottles. I was impressed.

Minus the few hiccups I liked this hotel a lot. It works well if you have to be in downtown LA and it feels very luxurious in a way US hotels often don't. Consider me very impressed.
nice trip report. did you book direct? paid for entire stay or use any certs?

i always have mini bar issues at this place. the super sensitive sensors are annoying. upon checkout, i quadruple check my bill. FD always has to remove something.

also, you should have received a welcome amenity of 600 pts or 2 drink tickets. not sure which one you had selected. sometimes you can get both. YMMV.

furthermore, properties like IC DTLA are awesome because even though they charge a "Hotel Facility Fee" of $25/day, you at least get a $20 F&B credit DAILY and thats combined with the $20 F&B AMB credit per stay. not daily. meaning for your 2 nights, you should have received $60 in FB credit. how much FB credit did you receive?

lastly, your comment about the IC DTLA "feels very luxurious in a way US hotels often don't" is very hard to believe given your flair. either you have extremely high standards or you only stay at holidays inns. yes, there are many nice international hotels, but US domestic has plenty nice ones too. we are not talking domestic "first class" vs international business. either way, i absolutely agree that this IC DTLA is up there.

Last edited by GundamWing01; Sep 12, 2019 at 3:31 am
Old Sep 13, 2019, 1:51 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GundamWing01
nice trip report. did you book direct? paid for entire stay or use any certs?

i always have mini bar issues at this place. the super sensitive sensors are annoying. upon checkout, i quadruple check my bill. FD always has to remove something.

also, you should have received a welcome amenity of 600 pts or 2 drink tickets. not sure which one you had selected. sometimes you can get both. YMMV.

furthermore, properties like IC DTLA are awesome because even though they charge a "Hotel Facility Fee" of $25/day, you at least get a $20 F&B credit DAILY and thats combined with the $20 F&B AMB credit per stay. not daily. meaning for your 2 nights, you should have received $60 in FB credit. how much FB credit did you receive?

lastly, your comment about the IC DTLA "feels very luxurious in a way US hotels often don't" is very hard to believe given your flair. either you have extremely high standards or you only stay at holidays inns. yes, there are many nice international hotels, but US domestic has plenty nice ones too. we are not talking domestic "first class" vs international business. either way, i absolutely agree that this IC DTLA is up there.
- I book directly using my Free Weekend Night Ambassador Certificate
- I was not offered a welcome amenity but it looks like 600 points were deposited in my account.
- According to my bill all I got was a single $20 F&B amenity. I have emailed the property about this but have not heard back yet.
- I find myself frequently disappointed when I stay at US based luxury properties. The IC Times Square and IC Chicago are both really weak compared to overseas offerings, I feel the same way about most of the US Conrads and JWs I've been to too.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by CMK10
- I book directly using my Free Weekend Night Ambassador Certificate
- I was not offered a welcome amenity but it looks like 600 points were deposited in my account.
- According to my bill all I got was a single $20 F&B amenity. I have emailed the property about this but have not heard back yet.
- I find myself frequently disappointed when I stay at US based luxury properties. The IC Times Square and IC Chicago are both really weak compared to overseas offerings, I feel the same way about most of the US Conrads and JWs I've been to too.
if you had used an AMB cert, that changes the game. its YMMV, but this IC may not charge you the resort fee for the night using the cert even though the T&C say otherwise.

Terms & Conditions:
"For IHG Rewards Club Reward Night stays: Points will automatically be deducted at time of booking. Rate does not include tax or Resort Fee."

this is also true directly on the IC AMB website where the T&C specifically mention that the certs are "Valid for room and tax only".

so if they didnt charge you the resort fee for one night, then you obv wont get the $20 FB credit for that night. but its a daily benefit.

and i assume you actually paid for at least one night? then your hotel bill should only show one night resort fee and a total of $40 FB credit for 2 nights. $20 for AMB per stay and $20 resort fee credit for one night. i would directly call and speak with a manager for faster service. E-Mail gets slow responses by low level staff.

also, i totally agree that the IC Times Square and IC Chicago are super weak. they are 4 stars at best. and it looks like youve been to IC boston and willard as well. then you really need to try fairmonts gold floor. you will feel the difference. outside of IC, i have enjoyed many domestic fairmonts, four seasons and Waldorfs. i think the real game changer is the international service vs domestic. totally different hospitality culture and that really adds to your overall stay experience.

Last edited by GundamWing01; Sep 14, 2019 at 2:16 pm
Old Nov 20, 2019, 11:14 am

Any recent DPs on club upcharge at check-in? Should I book a club room in advance or at check-in? I was pleasantly surprised of the club lounge last year.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 10:29 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
I can offer another DP of not having been charged the daily resort fee at the IC DTLA on an award stay as an Ambassador. I was given the 20$ Ambassador F&B credit, which I applied towards the 35$ breakfast buffet at the 69th floor restaurant Dekkadance.
GundamWing01 likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 6 MM | Amex Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond | IHG Spire Elite | Bonvoy Plat.
Any one stayed here since COVID? Would love to read any recent stays. Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 7:06 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, IHG Royal Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat,Accor Plat, US Chairmans
Originally Posted by saint
Any one stayed here since COVID? Would love to read any recent stays. Thanks in advance.
I will be making a trip there next weekend for my 4 year anniversary. Not trying to brag but rather comment on how much our family likes this hotel; we have stayed well over 10 times with this hotel and so I contacted the director of rooms for this stay(I am by no means a VIP, just another platinum ambassador). Even though I was on a Chase certificate for the night (small staycation for us due to covid and having both toddler and newborn at home), they upgraded to my choice of suite (high floor west facing). Reservation has already been updated to reflect room type and hopefully a bottle of champagne awaits...

I agree to above comments that this hotel is one of the nicest in the US...especially given the views, service, and cost (rooms readily go for under $250 whenever I book). I know there's fairmonts, waldorfs, ritz's etc. that give the same luxurious feel but that's in a whole other price point. Hands down my favorite hotel in the continental U.S. (a close second is the St. Regis Bal Harbour)
hi55us likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 2:32 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, IHG Royal Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat,Accor Plat, US Chairmans
A small update. I stayed here as mentioned above a few weekends ago. Was on Chase certificate as a platinum ambassador. I booked whatever room that the cert allowed and was upgraded to a club level one bedroom suite. However, the club is currently closed due to Covid precautions. Likewise, everything aside from the little cafe on the 1st floor is closed for dining options. Luckily you are in LA do there's tons of other options available (we knew this beforehand and just doordashed sushi for our anniversary dinner and enjoyed the views from the suite). Pool and gym were open and people seemed to obey distancing guidelines. I did not have to pay a resort fee...unsure if due to Covid or being on award cert. I also got to check-in at 11am and 4pm checkout honored. Another excellent experience at this fine hotel.

Originally Posted by huynhc
I will be making a trip there next weekend for my 4 year anniversary. Not trying to brag but rather comment on how much our family likes this hotel; we have stayed well over 10 times with this hotel and so I contacted the director of rooms for this stay(I am by no means a VIP, just another platinum ambassador). Even though I was on a Chase certificate for the night (small staycation for us due to covid and having both toddler and newborn at home), they upgraded to my choice of suite (high floor west facing). Reservation has already been updated to reflect room type and hopefully a bottle of champagne awaits...

I agree to above comments that this hotel is one of the nicest in the US...especially given the views, service, and cost (rooms readily go for under $250 whenever I book). I know there's fairmonts, waldorfs, ritz's etc. that give the same luxurious feel but that's in a whole other price point. Hands down my favorite hotel in the continental U.S. (a close second is the St. Regis Bal Harbour)
Old Jun 2, 2021, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 6 MM | Amex Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond | IHG Spire Elite | Bonvoy Plat.
Wow, what a fabulous hotel. My first time staying in this hotel. I'm a Spire Elite and was really impressed with both the room but also the staff. The staff is extremely friendly. Literally, everyone had a smile on their face and greeted you warmly every time they saw you. Even the cleaning lady in the lobby warmly greeted you when you entered the building. During COVID traveling I've found most employees just aren't too friendly or offer good service.

People complain a lot about the wait for the elevator but honestly, I think they are exaggerating. We stayed 3 nights during the busy Memorial Day weekend and it never took long to get an elevator and certainly they allow more people to go in now than before. The elevators are really quick. We never had any issues waiting long for the elevator and they are super quick.

We booked two rooms (one for my wife and me and one for our 3 kids). They had upgraded our rooms to a Club level room but then when we told them we needed connecting rooms they gave us a normal room on the 43rd floor. They had initially had us on much higher floors in a bigger room. My wife and I both are Spire Elite and booked separately.

The room was clean and the views were fabulous. Valet parking only and it was really busy but it never took long to drop off our car and we'd call down 15 minutes before we would leave and they always had our car ready. It IS pricey at $50 a day for parking. The Club Lounge was closed but they said they recently opened up the bar on the Lobby level (70th floor). There are a bunch of restaurants in the area but we had reservations at our places in different neighborhoods. We did eat at nearby Egg Slut in the Grand Central Market which is really cool! Highly recommended.

I used two of my Chase Free night certificates for 2 of the nights. I was surprised we were able to use them at such a nice hotel as many others I've tried to use lately are much higher. For data point, they didn't charge us the $30 resort fee per night. I'm not sure if it's because we are Spire Elite but I certainly didn't complain!

I'd definitely come back to this property. Nothing at all to complain about.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 9:12 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I likewise had a fantastic stay over Memorial Day weekend. As saint mentioned, both the hard and soft product are excellent. The entire staff is truly among the friendliest in the US and blows away the IC Boston and SF for example; that stood out the most to us. We also weren't charged the $30 daily scam fee as Platinum members. Elevators were also fine - there was a line of ~50 people going down on Saturday, about a 10-15min wait and we were offered the service elevator after about 3min.

Very nice pool area. Microwave in the temporarily closed club lounge.

The only pity is that by being in perhaps the most iconic skyscraper in LA, the view of everything else from it is a bit subdued.

saint likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2021, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Review of my stay at InterContinental Los Angeles Dowtown
saaveraward likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 6:57 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
I'm having a tough time deciding if I should stay at this property, or the Beverly Hills Waldorf on my next trip.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.