Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Intercontinental Los Angeles Downtown

Daily Facility Fee of $39 USD + Tax allows our guests to enjoy valuable benefits like:
$25 Beverage Credit per day [Only for consumption of mini-bar beverages - not usable at the bar or restaurants]
$20 Laundry/Dry Cleaning per stay
$15 daily discount to Club InterContinental access fee
Complimentary unlimited Local and National calls International calling for up to 30 minutes
Complimentary access to digital newsstand with publications from around the world
Complimentary package receiving up to 5 packages per day (bulky items excluded)

Address
Intercontinental Los Angeles Downtown
900 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, California ,90017
Tel. +1-213-6887777

For reservations: [email protected]

Link to hotel:
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...hc/hoteldetail

Next tube / subway station:
7th Street / Metro Center served by all tram and metro lines

Pre-opening thread
Pre-Opening Thread

Lounge access (show to lounge agent - see this post)

Print Wikipost

IC Los Angeles Downtown Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Globalist)
As a datapoint, I've been quoted $300 upsell from a points stay to a suite. $175 per night for a studio suite, $300 for one-bedroom. Has anyone done this to say whether rates seem comparable. i'm Spire Ambassador at booking stage...actually gave me one-bedroom club suite for $300.

Also says online that the suites have Le Labo cosmetics. Can anyone confirm which line they have? I know Park Hyatt's have Santal and the PH NY has the local fragrance.

Last edited by rrrrrich; Mar 21, 2018 at 2:38 pm
Old Mar 22, 2018, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by rrrrrich
As a datapoint, I've been quoted $300 upsell from a points stay to a suite. $175 per night for a studio suite, $300 for one-bedroom. Has anyone done this to say whether rates seem comparable. i'm Spire Ambassador at booking stage...actually gave me one-bedroom club suite for $300.

Also says online that the suites have Le Labo cosmetics. Can anyone confirm which line they have? I know Park Hyatt's have Santal and the PH NY has the local fragrance.
The Le Labo there is Santal.

I'm a Plat Ambassador and got an complimentary upgrade to a corner studio suite (non-club) while staying there 2 nights at the end of the December (one night with points, one with Chase Anniversary.) This was during the crazy-busy New Years Eve weekend which included the hotel hosting the Georgia Bulldogs football team, their entire staff & crew along with many many fans/alumni going to the Rose Bowl. Whatever few rooms they had at the time were priced at $850-$1200.

Unless it's completely full for some event, I'd guess you'd probably get a similar upgrade anyways. As always, if you truly need a bigger room, only way to guarantee it is to pay. At the time I was there, an additional club upgrade would have been $120/night. We spent that instead at their excellent buffet restaurant. It was $55 a person but they had great quality food including a large shellfish station that had some of the best king crab legs my friends and I had ever experienced. We got our moneys worth for sure. And of course the views are amazing.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 10:58 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by burroheadnebula
I'm a Plat Ambassador and got an complimentary upgrade to a corner studio suite (non-club) while staying there 2 nights at the end of the December...

Unless it's completely full for some event, I'd guess you'd probably get a similar upgrade anyways.
I wouldn’t necessarily count on that. I’ve stayed at this property twice as a Spire Amb, once on points and once on a paid stay. Based on the room rate for the paid stay, and the general foot traffic in the hotel compared to the other stay, id venture that it was during a relatively low occupancy time.

Both times I was given the standard Amb one category upgrade, from a Superior room to a Deluxe room. The Deluxe rooms are at the ends of the halls and some may find it a questionable upgrade (some actually have less usable space than the base rooms because of an awkward configuration, that results in the room not having the separate table and chair, and thus no place to sit but at the desk). I suppose the one positive thing id have to say about those rooms is that regardless of floor, there will be a view, which is not always the case with the base rooms.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 3:11 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Globalist)
Originally Posted by burroheadnebula
The Le Labo there is Santal.

I'm a Plat Ambassador and got an complimentary upgrade to a corner studio suite (non-club) while staying there 2 nights at the end of the December (one night with points, one with Chase Anniversary.) This was during the crazy-busy New Years Eve weekend which included the hotel hosting the Georgia Bulldogs football team, their entire staff & crew along with many many fans/alumni going to the Rose Bowl. Whatever few rooms they had at the time were priced at $850-$1200.

Unless it's completely full for some event, I'd guess you'd probably get a similar upgrade anyways. As always, if you truly need a bigger room, only way to guarantee it is to pay. At the time I was there, an additional club upgrade would have been $120/night. We spent that instead at their excellent buffet restaurant. It was $55 a person but they had great quality food including a large shellfish station that had some of the best king crab legs my friends and I had ever experienced. We got our moneys worth for sure. And of course the views are amazing.
Thanks and that's helpful. $300 for a 1 bed club suite (and 60k points) I am happy with. We are traveling with our daughter so the extra space will be good as I'm not keen on the junior suite set up. Looking forward to it and just wish there were a few more reviews online!
burroheadnebula likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 9:51 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Delete

Last edited by 355F1; Apr 15, 2018 at 10:43 pm
Old Apr 15, 2018, 10:42 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Instead of our usual Hotel Indigo we decided to stay a night at this hotel in July.

We booked a KING LOCATION, so I am hoping for an awesome suite upgrade!

I am PLT AMB.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 2:18 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, IHG Royal Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat,Accor Plat, US Chairmans
Has anyone stayed here in the hospitality suite and have pictures or a floorplan? I asked the hotel and they were not able to provide any further details other than what is posted on their website. Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 19, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Stayed here for a staycation last month. Room and service were both great... really no complaints. The elevator situation is pretty standard for a super tall high rise... I guess all the people that complained up thread has never been in a real skyscraper building. You can't have every elevator with ground floor access because then the whole building will just be elevators.

Parking is VERY REASONABLE at $42 for 24 hours with unlimited in and out valet access. You also don't really need a car if you are not going very far. We did all our local Downtown LA stuff on foot or via Metro trains or the DASH bus. If I have to stay here again, I would not even drive here... it is across the street from 7th St Metrocenter subway station.

The roof top bar has very good views of course. When I was there, it wasn't very crowded (~55F temp and everyone in LA thinks it is the end of the world) so they didn't bother with the cover charge, despite the sign in the lobby that says the cover is $15 (hotel guests is free regardless). The lobby on 70th floor does get crowded at times with lots of gawkers but it's not big of a deal.

North side view during the day

South side view at night

Last edited by bzcat; Apr 19, 2018 at 3:57 pm
Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:08 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

What room type did you book?

Any upgrades?
Old Apr 20, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
I booked a standard room with 2 queen beds and was offered a free upgrade for being a platinum upon check in. It appears to be just a bigger room with corner view. But since I never saw the standard room, I cannot tell the difference.

I was also given the choice of bonus points or drink coupons. I took the coupons but I got the bonus points anyway.

Last edited by bzcat; Apr 20, 2018 at 2:25 pm
Old Apr 26, 2018, 11:15 am
IHG Contributor Badge

It appears that they have changed the name of their KING LOCATION room to KING DELUXE.

This has been changed in my res and on their actual website.

Still hoping for a suite suite upgrade for our July stay based on booking this room type.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 11:23 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by 355F1
It appears that they have changed the name of their KING LOCATION room to KING DELUXE.

This has been changed in my res and on their actual website.

Still hoping for a suite suite upgrade for our July stay based on booking this room type.
King Deluxe was an existing category (one up from base level Superior.. the Deluxe rooms are pseudo-corner rooms at the ends of the tower so they are guaranteed views) so you should definitely confirm that your current rate corresponds to what Deluxe rooms are going for now.

Also it looks like the next category up from that is a “King Executive” which sounds like an oversized room, perhaps could be considered a junior suite, but it’s hard to tell from the pictures.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 3:29 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, IHG RA, Globalist, ALL Diamond
deleted

Last edited by EmeraldLady; Apr 26, 2018 at 3:38 pm
Old Apr 27, 2018, 1:28 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by dw

King Deluxe was an existing category (one up from base level Superior.. the Deluxe rooms are pseudo-corner rooms at the ends of the tower so they are guaranteed views) so you should definitely confirm that your current rate corresponds to what Deluxe rooms are going for now.

Also it looks like the next category up from that is a “King Executive” which sounds like an oversized room, perhaps could be considered a junior suite, but it’s hard to tell from the pictures.
i guess I should have been more clear in that I booked a Club Room.

For or some reason it lists the Non-Club rooms with an Executive above the Deluxe.

I’ve checked multiple dates and can not get the reservation system or IC DTLA website to show me a King Location now.

Here’s what it shows—with a suite being the next level I should and expect to upgrade to:

Old Apr 27, 2018, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by 355F1

i guess I should have been more clear in that I booked a Club Room.

For or some reason it lists the Non-Club rooms with an Executive above the Deluxe.

I’ve checked multiple dates and can not get the reservation system or IC DTLA website to show me a King Location now.

Here’s what it shows—with a suite being the next level I should and expect to upgrade to:

FWIW I booked an Exec as Royal Amb, and was upgraded to a Luxury Suite. Which was not actually a suite, but rather a nice corner room. Which is a 2-level upgrade as per the rules. I would not expect anything special at this hotel. They appear to stick very strictly to the rules. That said, if I were you I would get on the phone and call the in-house reservation team and ask them all your questions. Maybe you can even negotiate something better while on the phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.