FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Is it ok to sell ambassador weekend certificate on ebay? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1844390-ok-sell-ambassador-weekend-certificate-ebay.html)

uclacolumbiaunc May 24, 2017 5:09 pm

Is it ok to sell ambassador weekend certificate on ebay?

I got two IC Amb weekend certificates this year, and I only used one so far, and have one that I don't plan on using this year (expiring 11/2017), so instead of letting it go unused, is it ok or is it against their policy to sell it on ebay?

IAN-UK May 24, 2017 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc (Post 28355629)
I got two IC Amb weekend certificates this year, and I only used one so far, and have one that I don't plan on using this year (expiring 11/2017), so instead of letting it go unused, is it ok or is it against their policy to sell it on ebay?

Nothing to stop you putting it on eBay.

Though I guess you are hoping your post will prompt an offer from FTers: if that's the case you should be using Coupon Connection to arrange ann exchange of some sort.

Baze May 24, 2017 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc (Post 28355629)

What does it say on the certificate? Any verbiage that it is non-transferrable? Or that selling or bartering is against the terms of the certificate?

rbAA May 25, 2017 6:19 am

These used to trade on CC for like 5k to 10k IHG points. Problem is that the AMB BOGO gets booked at rates higher than the lowest available, so seldom able to get an actual 50% off. So, probably a waste putting it on eBay.

olegator May 25, 2017 8:32 am

nope .

Lewis42 May 25, 2017 2:45 pm

changing topic slightly.

This year they sent me an Ambassador pack and then as I got a late upgrade to RA, they send me a RA pack too! both with a BOGOF certificate...different reference numbers on them.

I intend to try to use both...hopefully it goes through okay? anyone have experience with this?

rbAA May 26, 2017 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by Lewis42 (Post 28359516)
changing topic slightly.

This year they sent me an Ambassador pack and then as I got a late upgrade to RA, they send me a RA pack too! both with a BOGOF certificate...different reference numbers on them.

I intend to try to use both...hopefully it goes through okay? anyone have experience with this?

When I became RA with an RA cert, I had already received my AMB package then the RA package came. Both BOGO's worked fine. Also, traded with another FT'er for a couple of BOGO's in 2011 and they worked fine.

Lewis42 May 27, 2017 2:53 am

Originally Posted by rbAA (Post 28364273)
When I became RA with an RA cert, I had already received my AMB package then the RA package came. Both BOGO's worked fine. Also, traded with another FT'er for a couple of BOGO's in 2011 and they worked fine.

thanks mate, I'm going to go ahead and try it.

Tim O'Brien May 27, 2017 11:37 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK (Post 28355889)
Nothing to stop you putting it on eBay.

Though I guess you are hoping your post will prompt an offer from FTers: if that's the case you should be using Coupon Connection to arrange ann exchange of some sort.

i thought they stopped allowing them to be traded on Coupon Connection a few years back?

didn't they get thrown out, way back, when they stopped the RA referral certs?

IAN-UK May 28, 2017 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien (Post 28367194)
i thought they stopped allowing them to be traded on Coupon Connection a few years back?

didn't they get thrown out, way back, when they stopped the RA referral certs?

I think you must br right - at least, i don't see any listed for exchange..

markis10 May 29, 2017 2:37 am

Ambassador Certs are non transferable, and thus not permitted on CC

EdV Jan 29, 2019 10:19 am

RA Referral Cert?

Originally Posted by markis10 (Post 28372985)
Ambassador Certs are non transferable, and thus not permitted on CC

What about RA referral certs? Can those still be listed on the CC? Sorry for digging old thread but seems to make sense here.

336 Jan 29, 2019 11:29 am

I'll take it. Thanks.

markis10 Jan 30, 2019 12:08 am

Originally Posted by EdV (Post 30714773)
What about RA referral certs? Can those still be listed on the CC? Sorry for digging old thread but seems to make sense here.

RA referrals have been inactive for years IIRC

EdV Jan 30, 2019 7:13 am

Originally Posted by markis10 (Post 30717520)
RA referrals have been inactive for years IIRC

Even if one tries to redeem one from say 2005 that has no expiration date on it? I do still have one from March, 2005 when I was RA that I never used. I sat on it for a while trying to figure out what to do with it but now that I'm fully SPG / Marriott I no longer have need. I can't see how ICHG would object to redeeming a cert with no expiration date on it?