Intercontinental London Park Lane

One Hamilton Place / Park Lane,
Mayfair, London W1J 7QY,
United Kingdom
Tel +44 20 74093131

Link to hotel:
http://parklane.intercontinental.com/

Next tube / subway station:
Hyde Park Corner served by Piccadilly Line (serving LHR)
Green Park served by Piccadilly Line, Victoria Line and Jubillee Line

Does not honor Royal Ambassador Benefits on award stays

Older discussion about this hotel:
(url=http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1836668-ic-london-park-lane-master-thread-archive-tread.html]Archive Thread[/url]
Print Wikipost

IC London Park Lane Master Thread (Archive Tread)

Old Oct 10, 2006, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Platinum Royal Ambassador,GC Elite,HH Gold,DC Gold,*A Gold
IC London Park Lane Master Thread (Archive Tread)

Search wont work for some reason but here goes.

Thought the last update was Spring 07???? anyway saw this on a PC email statement. **edit**Earliest day for bookings seems to be 1st Dec though, despite it claiming Nov

InterContinental London Park Lane will re-open this November. The hotel is completing a total renovation.

InterContinental London Park Lane will reveal elegant guest rooms, Theo Randall at The InterContinental restaurant, warm contemporary event and meetings space and a luxurious spa.

With a new team and innovative service culture, we will offer our guests an authentic and enriching hotel experience in the heart

Last edited by Dino2020; Oct 10, 2006 at 5:42 pm
Old Oct 10, 2006, 9:06 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
"Soft opening" on 6 November with Grand opening in March (or so) 2007-- this from the new Head Concierge of the IC London, Corrado Bogni, who was until about 2 weeks ago, the Head Concierge at One Aldwych.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2Millon Mile Flyer, IC Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle, Bonvoy Gold
Luxury, I called IC reservations yesterday and they had no availability or reservations for the soft opening date. I emailed the hotel with no reply as of yet. Any suggestions how I could arrange some reservations after the soft opening date? Thanks!

Originally Posted by luxury
"Soft opening" on 6 November with Grand opening in March (or so) 2007-- this from the new Head Concierge of the IC London, Corrado Bogni, who was until about 2 weeks ago, the Head Concierge at One Aldwych.
Old Oct 15, 2006, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Ring Ambassador and claim your 'guaranteed availability'.

This does actually work - got a room at LeGrand last month when it was officially sold out.
Old Oct 16, 2006, 10:05 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
I passed by the hotel at the weekend and I would be very surprised if they had it open for the soft launch date. The top floors are without glazing and a lot of interior work clearly was still being done. Even December looks optimistic, although I guess amazing things can be done with a good building team.
Old Oct 16, 2006, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Platinum Royal Ambassador,GC Elite,HH Gold,DC Gold,*A Gold
Originally Posted by Raffles
Ring Ambassador and claim your 'guaranteed availability'.

This does actually work - got a room at LeGrand last month when it was officially sold out.
Yes, it works well, I called for availability at the IC in Prague and was told they were already over booked by 22 rooms, I said that I was a RA and wanted a room, and bless they even gave an upgrade to a full suite on the club floor with club access, when RA works it really works well
Old Oct 18, 2006, 10:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2Millon Mile Flyer, IC Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle, Bonvoy Gold
Update: Just got a nice email back from Guest Services advising a limited number of rooms would be available after November 6th. I was placed on a waitlist, which will be cleared after October 23rd, based on the rooms which are ready for occupancy.

They also said there would be no Club IC and construction activities until the March grand opening date.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 5:54 am

Location: In a plane over Europe; I mean in the back of a plane over Europe !!!
Programs: HHonors, Scandic, Priority Club, Marriott, AF/KL FB, BAEC, AB TB, LH M&M
Originally Posted by RAPC
I passed by the hotel at the weekend and I would be very surprised if they had it open for the soft launch date. The top floors are without glazing and a lot of interior work clearly was still being done. Even December looks optimistic, although I guess amazing things can be done with a good building team.
I agree, I passed by two days ago and it looks as mentioned.

If we were speaking about software I'd say Nov 6th is the beta version release, a dry run !
In software world, testers are paid for their feedback or at least given a free version.
Old Oct 28, 2006, 5:30 am

Just had a conversation with the Reservations Manager regards a booking I have for mid-November and it is confirmed they will be opening (described as 'soft' which confirms what others here have said) on 6th November.

An 'open bar' is being hosted in the lobby bar(?) each evening...as an RA that's no big deal but it sure beats drinking it in ones room...and leaves it for later?
Old Oct 28, 2006, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by RAPC
Calling all Polish plumbers...Calling all Polish plumbers...
Old Oct 28, 2006, 7:26 pm

I received an email today from reservations at IC London. They are offering an "Inner Court Room" for 199GBP/nt, not including Breakfast or tax during the first few weeks in November.

Is anyone familiar with the layout of these rooms?
Old Oct 28, 2006, 7:46 pm

Programs: TK Gold, Etihad Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold.
Royal Park executive room is coming up for the same amount of points as an inner court yard room, for at least December 2006 and February 2007, I didn't check any other dates.

Cheers,

Timo
Old Oct 29, 2006, 1:42 am
uk1
Suspended

I had an existing flexible rate booking for Inner Court room for December 06 that was booked at 239 per night. Now they show at 199. It's a shame that the price promise doesn't include updating existing bookings when flexible rate changes.

Also cancellation time has come forward by two hours from 4pm to 2pm.

It's worthwhile for any FT'ers to check any current bookings against the new loaded prices.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Availability - cash and reward - has opened up for early November. I have just nabbed a room for a friend for the 13th.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 2:23 pm

Just picked up a Royal Park Executive Room for 30k points on New Years Eve

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.