Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bordeaux Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2016, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Thumbs up IC Bordeaux Master Thread

I am currently staying at Le Grand Hôtel.

Superb stay: unbeatable location, very nice upgrade to junior suite with opera view, very attentive service, superb gastronomic restaurant and great spa (sending post from it).

Definitely an excellent property!
Old Jan 10, 2016, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Pictures of the hotel
Old Jan 10, 2016, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Old Mar 22, 2016, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
As there isn't much coverage of this hotel yet, here is a link to a review we ran today:

http://www.headforpoints.com/2016/03...-hotel-part-1/

Note that IHG comped us this room although Anika is not the sort of woman to be swayed by that!

The general view is hugely positive - great location, good variety of bars and restaurants, impressive spa.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...l#post26010394
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:42 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I cannot really comment due to not staying here but I always read IC reviews and pictures. However, during my last visit in Bordeaux it was sold out and I wanted to make a visit to see how this property is, after hearing good responses. Yes it was one of the few that catched my eye already entering the lobby. I got a feeling that here I would bring my wife even if normally I cannot afford IC prices like this. Nor do I think that many properties, neither ICs are that elegant as they sound, but this IC Bordeaux really inspired the grand old world.
IOW, this is perhaps the only IC place I can imagine to stay without Ambassador benefits. Highly subjective viewpoint but YMMV
Old May 19, 2016, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

New brasserie by Gordon Ramsay

We are pleased to announce the opening of the brasserie Le Bordeaux Gordon Ramsay on June 8th!
Among the favorites on the menu: the Beef Wellington for two, the Caesar salad and the famous Fish & Chips will be on offer.
As for the desserts list, the pastry Chef Arthur Fèvre will offer some traditional recipes: Spring “Gariguettes” (a flavorsome type of strawberry), lemon tart, chocolate fondant...
http://links.ghbordeaux.com/webversi...J167KWnZEY7kGA..
Old May 19, 2016, 7:34 am

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
I'm so curious why they choose this Scottish chef for main dining? France have a lot of great chefs...
Old May 19, 2016, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Raynyan
I'm so curious why they choose this Scottish chef for main dining? France have a lot of great chefs...
Gordon Ramsay learned his job with the most talented French Chefs (Roux, Guy Savoy, Joel Robuchon).

He is also at the head of Trianon restaurant in Versailles.
Old May 19, 2016, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

A (very nice) dining experience at the hotel's gastronomic restaurant:

https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=...20Gordonramsay
Old Apr 9, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Just returned from 2 nights here. Booked on points (before the increase) so incredible value for 80,000 points.

Upgraded as Spire Amb to a Junior Suite - absolutely beautiful room with the only downside that it was at the end of a corridor so wifi barely worked. Welcome amenity of grapes, water (refreshed each day) and noisettes du Medoc. Also, as Spire Amb, complimentary non-alcoholic items from mini bar plus a free welcome drink at the bar (one of the new certificates that included cocktails and sparkling wine). No problem with late check out.

Dinner at the Le Bordeaux Gordon Ramsay (the brasserie) was truly superb and excellent value at €39 for the set 3 course menu. Make sure you have a reservation as I was unable to dine there on the first night.

Breakfast is in the same space (upper floor only) and, whilst very good, did not have the same wow factor that I've had from other French IC properties (e.g. Carlton) and yet a similar price (€38).

Spa facilities were also good and great to have somewhere to relax after walking round the city.

All staff were superb - reception, restaurant, spa, turn-down service.

All in all, an excellent stay in a great location (and as an added bonus, amazing weather).
Old Apr 11, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I feel like this is a completely hidden gem in the IHG portfolio. I look forward to staying here.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Full report of my last stay:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28168508-post105.html
Old Sep 10, 2017, 5:04 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Any idea if they give full RA benefits on an award night?
Old Sep 10, 2017, 5:52 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by Lewis42
Any idea if they give full RA benefits on an award night?
I just checked out on Thursday and was on a free Chase anniversary night. I am a Spire Ambassador and they had a letter for me with what I get including feee minibar (except alcohol) 4:00pm checkout, free newspaper and if I wanted access to the rooftop bar just contact the concierge. I was upgraded to a gorgeous Jr. Suite that was huge. It looked over the tram tracks but was quiet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.