Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Won't use AMB cert, anything I can do with it?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2017, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Won't use AMB cert, anything I can do with it?

I have a weekend night certificate that expires 05/2017 and it doesn't look like I'll have a chance to stay at an Intercontinental until June/July at the earliest. Is there anything I can do with it instead of just letting it expire? Swap it for points, get it extended or similar?
Old Mar 18, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by briandk
I have a weekend night certificate that expires 05/2017 and it doesn't look like I'll have a chance to stay at an Intercontinental until June/July at the earliest. Is there anything I can do with it instead of just letting it expire? Swap it for points, get it extended or similar?
It just expires, but I think you can better give it someone on this forum
Old Mar 18, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: QF, AA, BD, PC, HH, Hertz
If there was someone with an upcoming stay who could use it, they may be willing to swap it with you for a longer expiry.

I would offer but I am heading overseas in 2 weeks and need the voucher for this trip in April, and given the time frame would be worried you wouldn't be able to get it to me in time.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: IC Spire Amb, Hilton, Marriott, BA, VA.
You can telephone IHG and ask if they will extend it for you as you won't be able to use it before it expires, although you may want to wait until nearer the expiry date. I had success with that once, although they didn't actually extend it they just (very kindly) sent me a replacement with a later expiry date. Doesn't harm to ask in any case. Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.