10% Ambassador rebate on points

Old Mar 3, 2017, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
10% Ambassador rebate on points

I re-signed up for Ambassador after a one year absence after finally getting over losing my RA status which I held for over 5 years.

i signed up using 32k points back in October and status ends in oct....I understands there is a 10% rebate on points... I have stays for Nov 2017... when will the points credIt?

Also can you combine this offer with the chase rebate and get 20% of your points back?
Old Mar 6, 2017, 12:31 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by navatwal
I re-signed up for Ambassador after a one year absence after finally getting over losing my RA status which I held for over 5 years.

i signed up using 32k points back in October and status ends in oct....I understands there is a 10% rebate on points... I have stays for Nov 2017... when will the points credIt?

Also can you combine this offer with the chase rebate and get 20% of your points back?
The rebate posts usually about 10-14 days after the stay. Atleast it has for me. The 10% for Amb and 10% for chase should be combinable.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:04 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Are you certain that your offer said you would get a 10% rebate? I had thought that the rebate was only given when renewing with cash for a slightly higher price.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Having double checked my Ambassador offer was for no rebate on points.

My current AMb status ends in October 17 and I have made a number of rewards stays for November and December... this menas I will be renewing Ambassador and should obviously pay to get my 10% rebate.

I should be able to keep my existing bookings right? i believe that the redemptions rebate counts as being used in my Ambassador renewal / offer year right?
Old Mar 7, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
You only get the option to get the 10% renewal when you're renewing Ambassador, i.e. after one year
Old Mar 8, 2017, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Thats what I intend to do.... Considering that my rewards stays which are already booked are post renewal I should not have to cancel and rebook right?
Old Mar 9, 2017, 12:03 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
I was told by 2 CSRs that in order to get the 10% points rebate, the award nights have to be booked after you renew your Ambassador status at that option (i.e., renew for $200).

In my situation I'm Ambassador with an expiration end of April. A few months ago I had booked award stays for end of March/early April. I just renewed my Ambassador 3 days ago (so early March). Had to cancel and rebook all of my future award nights to make them eligible for the 10% rebate. It was a pain, but luckily all dates still had award nights available.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 9:24 am

Redemption: Qualifying or Non-Qualifying?

I am an Ambassador. I am entitled to a 10% redemption, I renewed.

Is the redemption Qualifying or non-Qualifying?

Assuming that it was qualifying, I renewed. Can someone point me to the Rules that deal with this?
Old Mar 20, 2017, 10:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
I just renewed AMB last week and the language regarding 10% points rebate as a benefit is GONE in the letter i received and online. I paid $200 (the highest tier) for 15,000 points...last 2 years min. that package also included the rebate as a benefit.

If i don't stay in an IHG, 15K + 10% points rebate is a wash for $200 (to me anyway). Without the rebate it isn't a great deal.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
I just renewed AMB last week and the language regarding 10% points rebate as a benefit is GONE in the letter i received and online. I paid $200 (the highest tier) for 15,000 points...last 2 years min. that package also included the rebate as a benefit.

If i don't stay in an IHG, 15K + 10% points rebate is a wash for $200 (to me anyway). Without the rebate it isn't a great deal.
Thats bad news indeed if it is gone! The 10% rebate was what kept me renewing ..
Old Mar 21, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by kauppias
Thats bad news indeed if it is gone! The 10% rebate was what kept me renewing ..
i just renewed last week and saw the 10% rebate
Old Mar 21, 2017, 8:51 pm

Programs: CHASE UNITED CLUB; CITI PRESTIGE; IHG SPIRE AMBASSADOR; RITZ-CARLTON GOLD; Global Entry
I renewed(24K) and got 10k bonus, but 10% didn't post yet.

I renewed(24K) two weeks ago and got 10k bonus, but 10% chase-IHG didn't
post yet. Already got the the metal tag and the card in the mail.

Strangely, my spire elite also got extended to Dec 31st, 2018.

Update: 10% of IHG credit card chase rebate posted, 2400 pts. Total cost right now for the renew is 11600 pts.

Last edited by ylord789; Mar 27, 2017 at 3:58 pm
Old Mar 22, 2017, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
i just renewed last week and saw the 10% rebate
say more. Can you post a screenshot?
Old Mar 22, 2017, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by ylord789
I renewed(24K) two weeks ago and got 10k bonus, but 10% chase-IHG didn't
post yet. Already got the the metal tag and the card in the mail.

Strangely, my spire elite also got extended to Dec 31st, 2018.
there are two 10% rebate schemes (well now maybe just one)

10% on reward nights booked using points if you hold a IHG Chase credit card

10% on reward nights booked using points if you hold AMbassador AND chose the $200 (higher) renewal option

whatvi am saying is the second one did not appear as a marketed benefit of renewing AMB at the higher level this month. Where itvhad previous years. And my renewal welcome letter had nothing on this too.
Brendan likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 4:49 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
The 10% rebate was definitely clearly stated on the website when I renewed in December, but indeed there is no reference to the rebate in the welcome letter. I kept a letter form two years ago and it is listed in that letter as one of three benefits: 15,000 points, 10% rebate and complementary weekend night. In the latest letter it's just the 15,000 points and the complimentary weekend night.

Let's wait and see... I am waiting for 42,000 rebate points from a stay that I finished 4 weeks ago. I will have to wait for another two weeks until I can reach out to the Ambassador helpdesk. I have renewed my membership using this option 4 years in a row and thus far I had to chase for the rebate in 80% of the cases :-(

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.