Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10% Ambassador rebate on points

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2020, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by Temedar
Is there an e-mail where I can write about the missing AMB rebate points? The "virtual assistant" on IHG's website is an unfunny joke and I really hate calling
I always just fill out the missing points form on the website. In the notes I indicate it is the 10% Ambassador rebate, and it always posts a day or two later.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 6:28 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I just email Ambassador Services using my now well refined template. I've literally had to make a claim for every points stay in the last 4-5 years as not once did the supposed "automated" posting work even after 3-4 months had passed. Lately they have been very swift resolving those issues in 1-2 days max. YMMV.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 11:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Originally Posted by Deez Nutz
I always just fill out the missing points form on the website. In the notes I indicate it is the 10% Ambassador rebate, and it always posts a day or two later.
Thanks for the tip! Filled the form and got the points and an e-mail apology in unders 24 hours
Deez Nutz likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 1:15 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by demue
I just email Ambassador Services using my now well refined template. I've literally had to make a claim for every points stay in the last 4-5 years as not once did the supposed "automated" posting work even after 3-4 months had passed. Lately they have been very swift resolving those issues in 1-2 days max. YMMV.
Same for me, it's rare that it takes more than a few hours though for them to manually add the points.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 9:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK *G, Virgin Flying Club, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I went to renew today and the text seems to have changed to "Renew for USD200 and receive 15,000 IHG® Rewards Club points"

There is no mention of any rebate any more. Have they removed it?

Last edited by TonyVD; Feb 18, 2020 at 9:59 am
Old Feb 18, 2020, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by TonyVD
I went to renew today and the text seems to have changed to "Renew for USD200 and receive 15,000 IHG® Rewards Club points"

There is no mention of any rebate any more. Have they removed it?
Indeed, I was checking the options last week as I am also due to renew and the rebate was there and today is missing. I see same as you without the 10% rebate.
Well, and again quite a change without any advance notice...
Old Feb 19, 2020, 4:53 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Virgin Gold
For those who retain Spire by purchasing ambassador, check your accounts as I was able to select the 25k bonus points today for the first time in years
Old Feb 19, 2020, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by TonyVD
I went to renew today and the text seems to have changed to "Renew for USD200 and receive 15,000 IHG® Rewards Club points"There is no mention of any rebate any more. Have they removed it?
If I go to make a booking on the Intercontinental Brand website (not the IHG generic one) on the payment page I get the offer to renew my Ambassador membership with the following text:

InterContinental® Ambassador
Your Ambassador membership is expiring soon. Renew your membership for another year to ensure you continue to receive your exclusive experience and premium benefits at any of our more than 180 InterContinental Hotels & Resorts worldwide.

Please renew my membership today via the following method:

Renew for USD200 and receive 15,000 IHG® Rewards Club points

Renew for 40,000 points

*You will receive 10% of redeemed points back on all Reward Night redemptions for 12 months. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks after each Reward Nights stay for rebated points to be deposited into your account. The maximum number of points to be rebated shall not exceed 100,000 points in a calendar year. Not applicable on non-Reward Night redemption items.
DaveH likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by snevillio
For those who retain Spire by purchasing ambassador, check your accounts as I was able to select the 25k bonus points today for the first time in years
Same here

​​​​​​Interesting about the 10% Amb rebate as I had thought we were supposed to wait eight weeks?
Old Apr 9, 2020, 8:00 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Any luck with this so far?

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
If I go to make a booking on the Intercontinental Brand website (not the IHG generic one) on the payment page I get the offer to renew my Ambassador membership with the following text:

InterContinental® Ambassador
Your Ambassador membership is expiring soon. Renew your membership for another year to ensure you continue to receive your exclusive experience and premium benefits at any of our more than 180 InterContinental Hotels & Resorts worldwide.

Please renew my membership today via the following method:

Renew for USD200 and receive 15,000 IHG® Rewards Club points

Renew for 40,000 points

*You will receive 10% of redeemed points back on all Reward Night redemptions for 12 months. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks after each Reward Nights stay for rebated points to be deposited into your account. The maximum number of points to be rebated shall not exceed 100,000 points in a calendar year. Not applicable on non-Reward Night redemption items.

Did anyone try this alternative for renewing his/her Ambassador membership, and received written confirmation of another 12 months with 10% rebate on Reward Night redemptions? Since it's no longer mentioned in the t&c's i'm curious to hear if IHG will honor this perk if renewed whilst making a new booking on the IC website.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 5:48 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Stealthmode
Did anyone try this alternative for renewing his/her Ambassador membership, and received written confirmation of another 12 months with 10% rebate on Reward Night redemptions? Since it's no longer mentioned in the t&c's i'm curious to hear if IHG will honor this perk if renewed whilst making a new booking on the IC website.
No reply to this question is worrying.

If they've stopped the 10% rebate I won't be renewing my Ambassador Membership this year, which would be a shame as it's been very good to me over the years
Old Apr 23, 2020, 1:53 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Bloobell

If they've stopped the 10% rebate I won't be renewing my Ambassador Membership this year, which would be a shame as it's been very good to me over the years
Also curious if they're extending this along with the free Amb membership extension.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 4:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Bloobell

As far as I know, the 10% rebate is still offered but I have to keep emailing them after ten weeks, every time, or else the rebate doesn't post.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 8:42 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by jphripjah
As far as I know, the 10% rebate is still offered but I have to keep emailing them after ten weeks, every time, or else the rebate doesn't post.
Same. It never seems to be automatic. I think they rely on most people forgetting to claim the points.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 12:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Any updated data points on this?

I am within 6 months of my (extended) Ambassador expiry date, but cannot seem to get a "renew your membership" option to come up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.