Welcome Points

Old Jan 16, 2017, 8:37 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Welcome Points

Is there a chart anywhere that shows how many points each brand gives you?
Regarding my last 2 stays 1 didnt mention anything to me was Gold, my 2nd a C&P asked me if I wanted points for my welcome gift, Plat by then via the CC.

I had a few other stays (award nights) last year where I ended up getting zippo as a Gold
Old Jan 16, 2017, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I've only had a U. S. hotel tell me once "We don't usually give those on award stays, but as you're a regular here . . . " Otherwise, it's been brought up by at check-in every time since then. I got them at the Indigo Madrid (award stay), but (on a paid stay) the on-duty manager at the CP Deira Dubai seemed to know nothing about them when I asked (I didn't pursue it further).

Plat @ CP should get 600 points. Indigo is also 600 points; other brands are 500. Gold, I believe is 300 (Indigo/CP) and 200 (others)? I don't stay at actual IC's.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I've only had a U. S. hotel tell me once "We don't usually give those on award stays, but as you're a regular here . . . " Otherwise, it's been brought up by at check-in every time since then. I got them at the Indigo Madrid (award stay), but (on a paid stay) the on-duty manager at the CP Deira Dubai seemed to know nothing about them when I asked (I didn't pursue it further).

Plat @ CP should get 600 points. Indigo is also 600 points; other brands are 500. Gold, I believe is 300 (Indigo/CP) and 200 (others)? I don't stay at actual IC's.
I have never received any welcome points as a Gold the past two years...
Always thought only for Plat and above.
All paid nights, at HI, HIE, Even, Candlewood...
Even when I was Plat for 2014. No welcome points.
I have been missing out! Yikes.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 11:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: Accor, IHG, LH, BAEC, DB
Originally Posted by PayItForward
I have never received any welcome points as a Gold the past two years...
I always get asked if I want the welcome drink or the points. As gold, it's 200 points for HI/HIX and 400 for CP.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
They created Spire after this scheme began, but kept the same Plat points for us rather than increasing it. Gold was always supposed to get (lower) points from the very beginning. I'm baffled that you were never given ANY welcome points as a gold anywhere? Where were all these stays?

Other than a CP in Dubai on a paid stay claiming not to know anything about it (they gave me lounge access and a lucky dip draw instead - glass of wine in their restaurant), and one U. S. Holiday Inn saying points were for paid stays only (wrong), every other IHG stay since this started the clerks have confirmed I was entitled (a couple of times I had to chase them down, but that was minor).
Old Jan 17, 2017, 3:32 am
Suspended

Thanks for this thread. I just did an audit of my account and have NOT been receiving welcome points 80% of the time. Worst part is I'm Spire Amb and still they didn't. Just sent out a bunch of angry emails to the hotels involved, and all IHG emails.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 7:13 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC Silver
For my past three IHG stays (as Gold):

Holiday Inn Miami Beach - 300
IC Miami Downtown - 400
HIX Croydon - 200

At HI and HIX they ask if I wanted a drink at the bar or the points - I chose points. At the IC Miami it was just offered as part of check-in process.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat Amb
I've pretty routinely been offered points at all IHG hotels except ICs. I just really thought ICs didn't give points. Then last fall, I got welcome points from IC Miami. They didn't mention them at check-in and since I've never gotten them before, I didn't think about it. I've stayed at ICs since then and at the IC Miami before, and no points. And now that I look, I didn't get any welcome points from the Holiday Inns and IC in Thailand. Anyway, there is a thread called something like - do you want your snack or welcome points that will never post. It shows how inconsistent welcome points are.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 9:44 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fppmongo
I always get asked if I want the welcome drink or the points. As gold, it's 200 points for HI/HIX and 400 for CP.
What if anything do the other brands give pt wise?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
On my recent stay in IC ANA Tokyo, (1 paid room and 1 award room for my family members), I was offered either drinks or 600 points for each of the rooms. I opted for 600 points for each room (total of 1,200 points for 2 rooms).

However, points never got posted.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 1:01 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
I wait until my stay points have posted. If the promised welcome points aren't in my account by this time, I email the hotel. I'd estimate that more than 50% of the time they add double welcome points and send me an apology by return. Once I received triple welcome points....
Old Jan 17, 2017, 5:31 pm
Suspended

I got all my points. Sent email to the specific hotels, IHGRewards, and Ambassador. Ambassador took care of it.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 9:30 pm

They created Spire after this scheme began, but kept the same Plat points for us rather than increasing it. Gold was always supposed to get (lower) points from the very beginning. I'm baffled that you were never given ANY welcome points as a gold anywhere? Where were all these stays?

Other than a CP in Dubai on a paid stay claiming not to know anything about it (they gave me lounge access and a lucky dip draw instead - glass of wine in their restaurant), and one U. S. Holiday Inn saying points were for paid stays only (wrong), every other IHG stay since this started the clerks have confirmed I was entitled (a couple of times I had to chase them down, but that was minor).
Nothing.
My stays post under the two category
(1) Earning Details
(2) Elite Bonus Points (Gold)
Under details, I only get Room and Food (if any).
Hotel Bonus is always blank.
Last year, my stays were concentrated at
- Holiday Inn Express SINGAPORE CLARKE QUAY
- EVEN Hotels NORWALK
- Holiday Inn SINGAPORE ATRIUM
At the Holiday Inn SINGAPORE ATRIUM, they sometimes will have 3-5 cards to pick (faced down) and one gets "free-call", Minibar item or 250 / 500 points options. Not sure if that is their version of welcome gift. I do not always gets it and the points if won does not always post.
Noting at the other 2 properties.

OT: IHG is my 3rd program, only stay to re-qualify at least Gold for situations when no Hilton / SPG are available. Reason is IHG have no LT status. The other two, there is something to work towards to even if the bar is incredibly high.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lenflyer64
I've pretty routinely been offered points at all IHG hotels except ICs. I just really thought ICs didn't give points. Then last fall, I got welcome points from IC Miami. They didn't mention them at check-in and since I've never gotten them before, I didn't think about it. I've stayed at ICs since then and at the IC Miami before, and no points. And now that I look, I didn't get any welcome points from the Holiday Inns and IC in Thailand. Anyway, there is a thread called something like - do you want your snack or welcome points that will never post. It shows how inconsistent welcome points are.
Originally Posted by PayItForward
Nothing.
My stays post under the two category
(1) Earning Details
(2) Elite Bonus Points (Gold)
Under details, I only get Room and Food (if any).
Hotel Bonus is always blank.
Last year, my stays were concentrated at
- Holiday Inn Express SINGAPORE CLARKE QUAY
- EVEN Hotels NORWALK
- Holiday Inn SINGAPORE ATRIUM
At the Holiday Inn SINGAPORE ATRIUM, they sometimes will have 3-5 cards to pick (faced down) and one gets "free-call", Minibar item or 250 / 500 points options. Not sure if that is their version of welcome gift. I do not always gets it and the points if won does not always post.
Noting at the other 2 properties.

OT: IHG is my 3rd program, only stay to re-qualify at least Gold for situations when no Hilton / SPG are available. Reason is IHG have no LT status. The other two, there is something to work towards to even if the bar is incredibly high.
It could be that Singapore is not a participating country and that Even hotels are not eligible.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 4:11 am

It could be that Singapore is not a participating country and that Even hotels are not eligible.
Honestly, I have no idea. Is this even an official published benefit?
Any place to check participating properties and standards?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.