Crowne Plaza Vilamoura

Old Jan 16, 17, 6:47 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2011
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 790
Crowne Plaza Vilamoura

Does anyone know the name of the current General Manager please?
whiskerxx is offline  
Old Jan 16, 17, 1:27 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 284
Originally Posted by whiskerxx View Post
Does anyone know the name of the current General Manager please?
This manager of the hotel is a nightmare....Never replies to emails and doesn't bother with Tripadvisor now

[email protected]

We stayed here in June last year and spire treatment was terrible...Decent hotel but pools very cold


Kind
craigmmorq4 is offline  
Old Jan 16, 17, 3:51 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2011
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 790
thanks, appreciated
whiskerxx is offline  
Old Jan 17, 17, 1:39 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 328
Originally Posted by craigmmorq4 View Post
This manager of the hotel is a nightmare....Never replies to emails and doesn't bother with Tripadvisor now

[email protected]

We stayed here in June last year and spire treatment was terrible...Decent hotel but pools very cold


Kind
We are staying at the CP Vilamoura in a few months but on reward nights so don't expect any benefits. Shame about the pool, the Hilton was like that too even in the afternoon it was freezing.
steve1975l is offline  
Old May 7, 19, 4:29 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Global
Programs: OWS IHG Spire
Posts: 573
Just wanted to see if the hotel is still a worthwhile use of points.

In August I have a points stay booked fo myself and O/H + 1 child (who is 13),

I'm seeing additional fees of 100 Euro per night for additional bed/ 13 year old supplement on various hotel booking sights, but not on the IHG

Could any one confirm this either way..
Engineering Travel is offline  
Old May 7, 19, 7:21 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: HEL
Programs: Only Gold card I have is at F24Seven :D
Posts: 5,203
Originally Posted by Engineering Travel View Post
Just wanted to see if the hotel is still a worthwhile use of points.

In August I have a points stay booked fo myself and O/H + 1 child (who is 13),

I'm seeing additional fees of 100 Euro per night for additional bed/ 13 year old supplement on various hotel booking sights, but not on the IHG

Could any one confirm this either way..
I think there is a "general thread" for this hotel if you search on FT, and there are some reports. Perhaps I did report too from our stay 3 months ago. IIRC we were not charged any extras and treated well.
FFlash is offline  
Old May 7, 19, 7:47 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Global
Programs: OWS IHG Spire
Posts: 573
Thanks FFlash, but Unfortunately Ive been unable to find a thread specific for this hotel in the last few days, only this and a hidden charges one, thus my concerns.
Engineering Travel is offline  
Old Jun 29, 19, 12:53 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 586
Originally Posted by craigmmorq4 View Post
This manager of the hotel is a nightmare....Never replies to emails and doesn't bother with Tripadvisor now

[email protected]

We stayed here in June last year and spire treatment was terrible...Decent hotel but pools very cold


Kind
I thought Victor Nunes was the GM of this hotel? We will be heading there next month.
mrstraveler is offline  
Old Jun 25, 20, 10:46 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Portugal
Programs: IHG
Posts: 1
Does any one have any recent experiences in this hotel. I'm Spire and have a points stay in a couple of months, was wondering what to expect. I've seen good reviews about the breakfast but was unable to find how much it costs, any one knows if it worth paying for?
tip_to_trip is offline  
Old Jul 1, 20, 6:39 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Global
Programs: OWS IHG Spire
Posts: 573
Originally Posted by tip_to_trip View Post
Does any one have any recent experiences in this hotel. I'm Spire and have a points stay in a couple of months, was wondering what to expect. I've seen good reviews about the breakfast but was unable to find how much it costs, any one knows if it worth paying for?

I stayed last year, as a spire on points, received a high floor room over looking the beach, welcome fruit drinks etc.

Prior to arriving I emailed the hotel regarding an additional bed for our child, this was arranged for no extra fee, but breakfast, was quoted at 25Euro per person, for a family of 3 this was too much.
We choose to walk down to the harbor daily. To be honest it was very busy in the mornings so was happy not to eat there.There is/was a evening buffet, but was disappointed with it the night we ate there.

It was a good points redemption for a beach location.

But all this was pre covid.
Engineering Travel is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: