FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Extending Diamond status by purchasing Ambassador? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1808152-extending-diamond-status-purchasing-ambassador.html)

Modo Jan 7, 2020 9:21 am

No room upgrades in 2019 because not AMB at IC and others were HIX. Understandable - but admittedly treated very well by HIX LHR T4 on repeat visits. Indigo Madrid Princessa not only no UG but no bottled water and what surely was a DG room.

Decided during the Black Friday sale to take up AMB after a years gap. Prompt was 10K bonus points. Got 10K points not 20K as expected. Bonus???? Offer pre Black Friday was 15K. As a UK company they seem to have no respect for EU Consumer Rights legislation whatsoever.

Stupid 1K Accelerate offer that still hasn't been credited.

Decision made to requalify with Hilton in 2020.

Avallon Jan 8, 2020 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Paul Michael (Post 31902925)
Hi all, just joined to add my experience to this thread. My Spire Elite expired 31/12/19, AMB was due to expire 01/04/20, logged in yesterday 02/01/20 and renewed my AMB, now Spire Elite until 31/12/21!

I decided to try the same, although I'm new to the Ambassador Programme and am currently a Spire Elite in my 4 month status match period. After enrolling I unfortunately only see this:

Keep Spire Ambassador status with 75,000 more qualifying points or 75 more qualifying nights before 31/12/2019. :/

loyaltylobby88 Jan 8, 2020 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by Avallon (Post 31924899)
I decided to try the same, although I'm new to the Ambassador Programme and am currently a Spire Elite in my 4 month status match period. After enrolling I unfortunately only see this:

Keep Spire Ambassador status with 75,000 more qualifying points or 75 more qualifying nights before 31/12/2019. :/

You shouldn’t be looking at that expiry date. You should look at your Spire Ambassador digital card expiry by simply tilting your phone to landscape mode.

Avallon Jan 9, 2020 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by loyaltylobby88 (Post 31926551)
You shouldn’t be looking at that expiry date. You should look at your Spire Ambassador digital card expiry by simply tilting your phone to landscape mode.

D'oh! I hadn't realised that the membership card is a hyperlink. Just checked - according to it my expiry is 03/2021 - which matches my free weekend night certificate expiration.

etkuo Jan 10, 2020 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by loyaltylobby88 (Post 31926551)

I tried the same thing as Avallon and had the same result.

My Spire Ambassador card does show my expiry date as Mar01, 2021. Now my question is does my Spire Elite (IHG Rewards Club) portion also expire on Mar01, 2021? I understand IHG RC is kinda separate from the Ambassador program and normally Ambassador membership only give you Platinum Elite on IHG RC?

UKtravelbear Jan 12, 2020 10:51 pm

Not quite the same question but this thread seems the best fit but I’m confused now about expiry dates.

i was gold and then last July bought Amb with an expiry date of 1st September 2020 as part of that I also became Plat.

At the end of last year I managed to get Spire but checking my online card it says I'm Amb and at the bottom line it also says ‘Spire’ and expiry date of the 1st September 2020.

I thought I would be Spire until December 2020 or have I got that wrong or is the expiry date of my Amb confusing the system?.

and sorry if this is a really common question if I fail to make Spire this year do I drop down to Plat or lower?

perthite Jan 12, 2020 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear (Post 31943135)
Not quite the same question but this thread seems the best fit but I’m confused now about expiry dates.

i was gold and then last July bought Amb with an expiry date of 1st September 2020 as part of that I also became Plat.

At the end of last year I managed to get Spire but checking my online card it says I'm Amb and at the bottom line it also says ‘Spire’ and expiry date of the 1st September 2020.

I thought I would be Spire until December 2020 or have I got that wrong or is the expiry date of my Amb confusing the system?.

and sorry if this is a really common question if I fail to make Spire this year do I drop down to Plat or lower?

I think the card shows you the Ambassador Expiry date.

Try this path - in the APP, click on the circles that show your 2020 progress, this should take you to a page that has among other things, your Spire Elie Status Expiration date.

etkuo Jan 13, 2020 12:43 am

Originally Posted by perthite (Post 31943233)

Try this path - in the APP, click on the circles that show your 2020 progress, this should take you to a page that has among other things, your Spire Elie Status Expiration date.

My Spire Elite expiration shows 2019-12-31.

But the line below shows "You are Spire Ambassador" :confused:

UKtravelbear Jan 13, 2020 6:07 am

Originally Posted by perthite (Post 31943233)

Ah thanks!

I never even relised they were clickable!

Shows I have Spire until 31/12/20

mlqsko Jan 15, 2020 6:37 pm

I am Spire Elite with expiration 12/31/2019

Avallon Jan 20, 2020 1:03 pm

Hi - does anyone know if this trick also extends the new member offers? The stated end date on the 'Offers' 'My Offers' page is 31/03/2021...

adobbing Jan 27, 2020 3:17 pm

My ambassador status says that it expires 1st March 2020.
My Spire elite status says it expires 31/12/2020

Is there any benefit in renewing before 1st March, or is there a chance they’ll send me some kind of special offer retention offer to renew?

demue Jan 28, 2020 7:16 pm

I had an Ambassador renewal task as part of the last Accelerate promo, gave extra 5k points (which I had to get manually posted mind you as it never tracked).

ymx May 8, 2021 6:17 pm

Has anybody signed up for or renewed their Ambassador mid-year and still received the Spire extension? I’m currently Spire and thinking about signing up now (due to the Ambassador promotion) for the automatic extension. But if the extension only works by signing up in December I’ll hold off to the end of the year.

beachmouse May 8, 2021 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by ymx (Post 33236986)
Has anybody signed up for or renewed their Ambassador mid-year and still received the Spire extension? I’m currently Spire and thinking about signing up now (due to the Ambassador promotion) for the automatic extension. But if the extension only works by signing up in December I’ll hold off to the end of the year.

I've renewed in, like, November, October (slightly early to take advantage of a different promotion) and then April this year (free six month extension from the previous October pushed out renewal date) and the Spire membership expiration date has always synced up with Ambassador expiration date, so I'm now showing as Spire through May 1, 2022.