Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2017, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Copied from PointsScrounger's post:

Kindle Singles and Kindle editions of Amazon Publishing books will be offered to members based upon their membership level:

Club members will be eligible to receive one Kindle Single or Kindle book from Amazon Publishing bi-annually

Gold Elite members will be eligible to receive one Kindle Single or Kindle book from Amazon Publishing per quarter

Platinum Elite members will be eligible to receive two Kindle Singles or Kindle books from Amazon Publishing per quarter

Spire Elite members will be eligible to receive three Kindle Singles or Kindle books from Amazon Publishing per quarter

A link to this benefit can be found lower on the app screen showing your progress bar. You will be directed to the list of available titles from which to choose. Some of the choices are free to read with Amazon Prime.

This appears to be a US only offer.
Print Wikipost

New IHG benefit: Kindle Singles

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2016, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Don't mean to make this thread into a mini-book club, but the murder at the yoga store offering is pretty good if you like true crime stories. I wasn't as impressed with the cruise ship piece.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 12:27 am

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Silver, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Silver, RapidRewards
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Nice little offer - but be careful! I went to click "Continue to get offer" which I thought meant I could read more about the book and reviews, but it doesn't. It means you are claiming the offer. Ended up with a book I didn't want. C'mon IHG, get the verbiage fixed. Continue does not mean confirm or get... it means something else is coming.
This happened to me too...ended up accidentally owning some anti-gun rant by Stephen King because I was just trying to read the synopsis.

For my book club recommendation, "Old Girls in Low Cotton" was pretty good. The author gets the banter of our grandparents down pretty well.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 11:21 am

I suggest:

1. Download the Kindle app

2. Log into Amazon on your phone

3. THEN start the process of getting the free books.

Else you will lose at the first attempt and not get a book.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 11:23 am
Community Director Emerita

I just discovered the offer yesterday. It's a fun offer, and I'm happy to read a couple novellas or non fiction accounts I might not otherwise choose. And yes, I, too, am perplexed that I can't browse thru several of the choices. Once I clicked something, it was mine.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 4:01 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Per the app, the Kindle singles seem to have reset for 1Q 2017. It's showing I can select another three. Haven't looked too closely to see if there are any new ones.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 4:36 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
A link to this benefit can be found lower on the app screen showing your progress bar. You will be directed to the list of available titles from which to choose.
I was struggling to find this and appreciate you posting exactly where it is. I've now downloaded the ap and easily found the offer.

Originally Posted by beachmouse
Per the app, the Kindle singles seem to have reset for 1Q 2017. It's showing I can select another three. Haven't looked too closely to see if there are any new ones.
I appreciate the reminder. I'd never have thought about it otherwise. I'm an Amazon Prime member and found that over half the ones I was considering would be read with Prime for free. I found one book that wasn't free with Prime and still have the opportunity to choose another.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 6:53 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Originally Posted by FFlash
So this is the long-awaited new Spire benefit now announced?
So I should buy a Kindle just for that?
So I should move to the U.S. for being Spire and valuable member?
---sarcasm off now---
You can actually download these onto a smart phone using the Kindle app, so no need to buy a Kindle. I know, I know, it's not a thrilling benefit. Just saying that it's usable without a Kindle.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is there a list of books to explore first? I don't want to go through all the trouble of signing up for the Kindle app and Amazon if none of these books interest me. Not really a fiction reader myself.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 7:07 am

Programs: BA - Blue
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is there a list of books to explore first? I don't want to go through all the trouble of signing up for the Kindle app and Amazon if none of these books interest me. Not really a fiction reader myself.
I think you can explore the books via the APP. Honestly, almost nothing of interest to me there...mostly seems to be what the paper book trade call "remainders"...i.e. books that had a print run much bigger than sales, and also first of series, to entice you to buy the later ones...

tb
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
It's indicated that I should get three books, but was allowed to pick one, and then told that was it, no more.

As I'm Spire via the Ambassador Loophole, curious if "legit" Spires are seeing three books available now?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
It's indicated that I should get three books, but was allowed to pick one, and then told that was it, no more.

As I'm Spire via the Ambassador Loophole, curious if "legit" Spires are seeing three books available now?
Yep, I just tried it. It said I had three available. I picked one, it updated to saying I had two available. I picked another, and now it says I have one available.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Interesting that it said 2 for me just now, so I was able to get another title.
​​​​​​

Last edited by Points Scrounger; Jan 24, 2019 at 8:37 pm
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:29 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I seem to be loophole Spire and managed to get all three books about two weeks ago, though the process seemed rather buggy at the time,
Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I have a notification in the app that the benefits renewed on 1 July but when I click on the link it says the offer has expired??

Anyone else having problems this quarter?
Old Jul 2, 2019, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

My offerings have been the exact same titles for the past 6 months now it seems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.