Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2016, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Priceless Experiences promotion

Anyone else get an email about this?

These are the rules:
https://www.priceless.ihgrewardsclub...df?v=zuyBBDx6A

Was really hoping to be able to fill out 94 more cards this year!
Old Nov 16, 2016, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Here is an article with the link to register.
http://www.kwwl.com/story/33724969/i...ss-experiences
Old Nov 16, 2016, 12:17 pm

Not as good as last year's "Priceless Surprises." Had high hopes when I saw the thread title
Old Nov 16, 2016, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by floridatraveler90
Not as good as last year's "Priceless Surprises." Had high hopes when I saw the thread title
I had high hopes when I got the email!!
Old Nov 16, 2016, 12:48 pm

How does it work?

If I am reading this correctly, it's 2 separate stays and 1 of the 2 stays has to be for 2 nights?

So you could book 2 consecutive nights at a holiday inn express on a cheap rate. Then 1 night at an Intercontinental.

And you would have completed the offer for the $100 MasterCard.

Is this how everyone else is understanding this offer?
Old Nov 16, 2016, 1:01 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by ian164000
If I am reading this correctly, it's 2 separate stays and 1 of the 2 stays has to be for 2 nights?

So you could book 2 consecutive nights at a holiday inn express on a cheap rate. Then 1 night at an Intercontinental.

And you would have completed the offer for the $100 MasterCard.

Is this how everyone else is understanding this offer?
Yes (provided both stays are paid for using a Mastercard, of course).
Old Nov 16, 2016, 1:38 pm

Are we only eligible for one gift card? Or is it everytime we complete the required stays we get another?
Old Nov 16, 2016, 2:03 pm

Programs: Delta - Diamond, IHG - Spire, Choice - Plat, Avis - Presidents Club
Originally Posted by krward
Are we only eligible for one gift card? Or is it everytime we complete the required stays we get another?
Per section 4 of the terms and conditions
Each Participant is only eligible to receive one (1) Mastercard® Reward
Card during Offer period regardless of the number of Qualified Hotel Stays.
So you only get 1.

Now, if you want to enter the Sweepstakes you can enter once per day by going to this site: PricelessExperiencesSweepstakes.prizelogic.com

This is the "no purchase necessary" entry method required by law... just be aware that you can only enter once per day, regardless of how you enter (via qualifying stays or by visiting the URL above)... I'm going to assume that the no-purchase entry method won't let you enter more than the maximum but I'd still be wary of this "gotcha".

It's not quite the boon that Priceless Surprises was last year (you can bet I sent in the maximum number of postcard entries, ended up with 80k points!)
Old Nov 16, 2016, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, IHG Spire Amb
Be careful

The way I read the rules, the mastercard is determined immediately after the second stay, and you only get one. So my read is if you stay at two holiday inns the first week of December, and an intercontinental a few weeks later, you might be getting the $50 GC as soon as you finish that second HI stay.

From the rules:
A Participant will receive the highest possible value of the Mastercard® Reward Card, depending on which IHG brands Participant stay at.
Mastercard® Reward Card value will be determined immediately following checkout of the second of the two (2) Qualified Hotel Stays (one [1] of which must be at least two [2] nights).
Old Nov 16, 2016, 5:46 pm

You're correct, as soon as you complete two qualifying stays (including one that's at least two nights) you get the associated Mastercard... you can use the two night qualification as a way to hold off triggering the card if you book your own stays, it'd mean checking out every day/checking back in in the evening though... I agree, it seems like you should be issued your card at the end of the promotion and it'll reflect the highest value based on your stays. Maybe they didn't want to wait until March to issue all those cards at once? Who knows... that's IHG for ya.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, IHG Spire Amb
Or its an accident. I assume they mean to encourage us to stay at Intercontinentals, and do do that, theyd need to allow the highest combination possible.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 9:49 pm

So I receive an email from IHG Rewards Club inviting me to register for the promotion. I click on the 'Register Now' button and on the next page enter my details. This is what I get on the next page:

Your account is not eligible for this promotion.

Is anyone else having the same problem? I tried several times, even if it is targeted I got the email!
Old Nov 16, 2016, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by Montreal
So I receive an email from IHG Rewards Club inviting me to register for the promotion. I click on the 'Register Now' button and on the next page enter my details. This is what I get on the next page:

Is anyone else having the same problem? I tried several times, even if it is targeted I got the email!
As is often the advice on these forums when folks ask us about issues like this... contacting support is going to be your best way to resolve your issue. [email protected]
Old Nov 16, 2016, 11:00 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Montreal

The rules state -
OPEN ONLY TO ELIGIBLE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OLD AT THE TIME OF ENTRY, MASTERCARD CARDHOLDERS AS OF NOVEMBER 15, 2016, AND IHG REWARDS CLUB MEMBERS.

Do you qualify? (I ask because your user name and location make me think you might be a Canadian resident, or have a Canadian address registered with IHG.)

Last edited by jbeckett; Nov 16, 2016 at 11:51 pm
Old Nov 16, 2016, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by jbeckett
The rules state -
OPEN ONLY TO ELIGIBLE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OLD AT THE TIME OF ENTRY, MASTERCARD CARDHOLDERS AS OF NOVEMBER 15, 2016, AND IHG REWARDS CLUB MEMBERS.

Do you qualify? (I ask because your user name and location make me think you might be a Canadian resident, or have a Canadian address registered with IHG.)
Hi thanks for pointing that out! I actually now live in the US and for years I have had a US address with all the travel partners I just haven't done so in the FT profile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.