FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   New RA qualifying criteria based on IC Revenue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1772309-new-ra-qualifying-criteria-based-ic-revenue.html)

Tim O'Brien Jun 12, 2016 5:05 pm

New RA qualifying criteria based on IC Revenue

Excellent News:

New Royal selection criteria is based on revenue not just stay
behaviour
• Only InterContinental stays will count towards Royal
qualification
• Multi location stays to avoid qualification for long term stayers
• Changes will be phased in

Raynyan Jun 12, 2016 5:05 pm

New RA qualifying criteria based on IC Revenue

IHG is going to change RA criteria. The new criteria will be based on amount of payments not just number of stay. And only IC stays will count towards RA qualification. Multi properties still required.

Also they will define clear policy of upgrade and Club access.

Some of this change seems to be already adopted.

Tim O'Brien Jun 12, 2016 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by Raynyan (Post 26768664)
IHG is going to change RA criteria. The new criteria will be based on amount of payments not just number of stay. And only IC stays will count towards RA qualification. Multi properties still required.

Also they will define clear policy of upgrade and Club access.

Some of this change seems to be already adopted.

hope you're right,how reliable is the source? maybe they listened, or have just done what the airlines are doing....adopting revenue models^

Sent: September 10, 2015 12:58:20 PM
Subject: Re 482643417 RA Status Nights v Revenue

Hi .....,

hope you've had a great summer.

had a very nice stay in Miami, thank you for your assistance. Mike Kovensky, the Sales Director looked after us.

would it be possible to forward this correspondence to your colleague, Ms Ruth Negus.

it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

-----------------------------------------------------

Dear Ms Negus,

In calendar year 2013, i paid for 404 IC suite nights (279, and 125 for an employee) previous years averaged 150 nights.

Royal Ambassador status renewed in mid 2014, not withstanding not only meeting the qualifying threshold of 60 total IHG nights, minimum 20 IC nights, minimum three IC properties, the 60/20/3 criteria, in 2013, but well exceeding it, by 100's of nights.

I pay for multiple higher yielding suites each night to accommodate my immediate family when staying with IC, average spend is c. USD800 a night, including ancillary spend, restaurants, gift shops etc not billed to the folio.

Is there an avenue to RA status via revenue?

For example, a person who spends an average of say USD75 a night for 40 HI nights, 20 IC nights at say USD150, equates to total revenue of USD6K, gains RA status, whereas YTD i have spent c. USD14K directly billed to folio, and additional c. USD4K for direct restaurant/gift shop etc spend, USD18K revenue v someone who generates say USD6K revenue, but achieve no RA status.

With IHG/InterContinental i'm facing a disincentive to pay for higher yielding multiple suites v the other hotel programs, based on this Nights v Revenue/Margin criteria.

I would really appreciate seeing total revenue being included say as a tandem alternative criterion to qualify for Royal Ambassador status.

I believe it would be more equitable, and mutually advantageous for IHG, and it's loyal customers.

Appreciate your consideration.

Thanks.

Raynyan Jun 12, 2016 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien (Post 26768746)
hope you're right,how reliable is the source? maybe they listened, or have just done what the airlines are doing....adopting revenue models^

Yes, I coincidentally saw the document about it on web.
You can find by Google.

cosackspolgenev Jun 12, 2016 7:01 pm

Yes, Raynyanfunifuni's information is true. I got same information from very reliable source on June.

Baze Jun 12, 2016 7:07 pm

Interesting that they require multiple IC hotels. What about someone on a contract, spends 150 nights in 1 IC spending $30K and they don't get RA. Seems short sighted to me. I'll never get there but been thinking about this as I have friends who may.

cosackspolgenev Jun 12, 2016 7:12 pm

FYI. I'm Re-Qualified Spire RA on End of May.2016(until 2017 June).
Stay count is IC40/HIEX14/CP3/HI10 = 67 Paid stays and 5 different ICs.

Raynyan Jun 12, 2016 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by Baze (Post 26769104)
Interesting that they require multiple IC hotels. What about someone on a contract, spends 150 nights in 1 IC spending $30K and they don't get RA. Seems short sighted to me. I'll never get there but been thinking about this as I have friends who may.

According to document, Multi location stays required to avoid long term stay guests. It is quite make sense that 150 nights in 1 IC spending $30K cannot get RA.

Baze Jun 12, 2016 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by Raynyan (Post 26769117)
According to document, Multi location stays required to avoid long term stay guests. It is quite make sense that 150 nights in 1 IC spending $30K cannot get RA.

What is wrong with long term guests? I don't get it. You say "it is quite make sense", why does it make sense. Please explain IHG's reasoning for this.

Raynyan Jun 12, 2016 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by Baze (Post 26769131)
What is wrong with long term guests? I don't get it. You say "it is quite make sense", why does it make sense. Please explain IHG's reasoning for this.

FSP is not just for single hotel, but for enhance the value of "Hotel Chain".
It's a same logic that recently many Airlines trying to exclude the "Millage runner".

Baze Jun 12, 2016 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by Raynyan (Post 26769208)
FSP is not just for single hotel, but for enhance the value of "Hotel Chain".
It's a same logic that recently many Airlines trying to exclude the "Millage runner".

All the airlines did was add a dollar requirement. Sure hope no one I know gets a long term assignment and has to stay in one hotel. Even at a high rate. They will get screwed and not get any benefits. Seems a hotel would love to have someone there for a long time at a high rate. Maybe it makes sense to you but it sure doesn't to me.

cosackspolgenev Jun 12, 2016 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by Baze (Post 26769131)

IHG focus on targeted enrollment of "HIGH VALUE GUSTS". Royal criteria based on revenue not just stays such as paid F&B and higher cost room.

Baze Jun 12, 2016 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by cosackspolgenev (Post 26769293)
IHG focus on targeted enrollment of "HIGH VALUE GUSTS". Royal criteria based on revenue not just stays such as paid F&B and higher cost room.

Someone who spends $200 per night 5 nights a week for 30 weeks a year isn't high value? I never said or meant to imply they stayed 150 nights straight. I get the stays and nights thing it is the 3 different IC's I don't get.

Tim O'Brien Jun 12, 2016 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by Baze (Post 26769104)

i've had years with 250 + nights at the one property, and no problem renewing.

stimpy Jun 12, 2016 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by Baze (Post 26769226)
All the airlines did was add a dollar requirement. Sure hope no one I know gets a long term assignment and has to stay in one hotel. Even at a high rate. They will get screwed and not get any benefits. Seems a hotel would love to have someone there for a long time at a high rate. Maybe it makes sense to you but it sure doesn't to me.

It depends. If a company arranges a special long term price with the hotel for a set of employees, that means the employee or hotel guest really had no choice in the matter. In that case, what loyalty is there?

However if an individual negotiates a long term stay, then part of the negotiation can include RA level benefits or better. That individual is choosing the IC over other hotels and is guaranteeing a fixed set of weekly or monthly revenue to the hotel.

In the company case, they only care about the cost. In the individual case, they care about how well the hotel treats them.