Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC London O2 (Greenwich) Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2016, 3:44 am

Goes to show how wrong...

Goes to show how wrong 'I' can be!

Having read a few negatives in threads prior to stay, have to say I found IC 02 to be very enjoyable and accommodating.

They made a super fuss of RA status. They provided a great corner suite upgrade on 15 facing Canary Wharf. It was a great design, in great condition, quiet, and hard to fault. One of the nicest I've been in this year in fact.

The minibar is a tad merge but they refill upon request....no champagne or red mind.

RA amenities are good.

House keeping is invisible and excellent.

The club lounge is (despite my rather scathing earlier comments) very acceptable and service is as good as any IC and better than some.

The club offering again is good....maybe not HKK DXB KL levels but solid. I found little to complain over. Counter foods are quite good...drinks selection also fairly good. Service is spot on.

The much discussed walkway is open at managed times. In fairness I scratched down a bit on this. It's not them but the O2 end which is unfinished. So they have to have staff manning it from a safety pov until that time but it works a treat. Think they are trying copy the "VIP" tunnel that goes into 'A' from the secure area at the rear of the O2 and makes you feel a bit elevated....but hey what's wrong with that

Agree with others it's a pain walking from N.Greewich underground but talk nicely and you can get the hotel new 740's to the Thames Clipper, Underground and a little further for gratis. They are very accommodating with that.

Pool is open and excellent. The gym also well equipped and laid out if a little dull to be in.....not much in way of views...well zero to be precise but nice new, quality gear. Steam room and sauna again good. Did not try any spa treatments although it looked like many folks were doing.

Breakfast service in lounge is very good and flexible....you can pretty much get anything you'd pay £25 for downstairs...again if you ask nice. They have a problem with sound in the lounge. The BGM cuts out often and reboots....impedance matching?

Clipper lounge and floor 18 bar very acceptable but expensive.

A good few snagging issues outside the property but very few internally now.

Yes it's a tad disconnected but it's the nature of the beast....bit like IC Shanghai Expo.

No I'd say it's polishing up quite nicely and good value. Ignore my previous comments about lounge being like a Priority Pass one....is far from the case. My week there was very enjoyable.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
My second stay here today and great upgrade and club access. The walk from transport is a bit of a pain a periodic shuttle bus would be nice.

Last time I was here I was told those with club access could eat in the restaurant for breakfast if they wanted.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 1:25 pm

Booked a twin superior for Friday night for £140, the lowest I've seen the past 2 weeks, for a concert (no status). Hopefully they've sorted out most of the small issues and the car shuttle won't be too busy. I shall try to remember to report back.

EDIT: By the way they're doing 50% off afternoon tea until 7th May (the URL I found on Facebook: http://www.opentable.co.uk/meridian-...605&rid=121605 )
Old Apr 28, 2016, 2:36 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
Stayed here on Saturday night for an ELO concert at the O2. It's super handy to the O2. Given I'd booked on points, I was really lucky to get an upgrade to a city view intercontinental suite, a true 1 bedroom suite, and one of the best rooms in the hotels.

A full review with videos and pics etc on my blog @

http://www.goingonrewards.com/2016/0...-o2-suite.html

Last edited by tangey; Apr 28, 2016 at 4:51 pm
Old Apr 30, 2016, 7:57 am

The staff are a real credit to this hotel

Had a great stay last night! Managed to get lift in the BMW from the tube (there was hail!). Very nice lady on check-in (she was being supervised). We were upgraded from a superior to a deluxe on the 14th floor with a view of the Thames because of the special occasion. Nice touch! Very quiet in the hotel despite the concert.

Room was stifling and had a strong smell of polish/air freshener/new furniture. We had to ask a supervisor to override the temperature to go below 21c. However very well appointed, very comfortable beds (down/feather duvets and pillows), great modern TV, nice sound system in the bathroom.

Afternoon tea was impeccable and very filling. We were served by Diana and she was great.

The walkway to the O2 was of course open and was great for going to and from the arena.

All in all a very enjoyable stay with some of the best service I've seen in a hotel, especially at the price I paid. (We also blagged a lift back to the tube station on departure )
Old Apr 30, 2016, 1:36 pm

Am I being silly or has this hotel always been 45,000 points per night?

I was looking at a few dates the other week for July and could have sworn it was 50,000, today it is 45,000
Old Apr 30, 2016, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by chrism20
Am I being silly or has this hotel always been 45,000 points per night?

I was looking at a few dates the other week for July and could have sworn it was 50,000, today it is 45,000
Was definitely 50k - http://www.headforpoints.com/2015/11...tal-london-o2/ (my site, as per FT rules)

However, let's put this in context. On a random night in August, Park Lane is £450 and O2 is £156. If they are charging that little there could be trouble in store.

Last edited by Raffles; Apr 30, 2016 at 2:11 pm
Old Apr 30, 2016, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles
Was definitely 50k - http://www.headforpoints.com/2015/11...tal-london-o2/ (my site, as per FT rules)
Thanks Raffles, I was beginning to think I was going mad.

Anyone with advance reward bookings may want to check if there is still availability for their dates and rebook saving 5,000 points per night.

I agree about the cash rates. It certainly doesn't look promising, we have a points booking for CP City but had been keeping an eye on it as we have been keen to give it a try.

Last edited by chrism20; Apr 30, 2016 at 2:50 pm
Old May 3, 2016, 2:30 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Accor Gold, HH Diamond, Krispy Kreme Brown with chocolate sprinkles
Does anyone know if they offer afternoon tea in the club lounge like at IC PL?

Also, what do they charge for access if not in a club room and do they give ambassador discount (or free access ever)?

Thanks

Last edited by davrossuk; May 3, 2016 at 4:53 pm
Old May 4, 2016, 4:25 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by davrossuk
Does anyone know if they offer afternoon tea in the club lounge like at IC PL?

Also, what do they charge for access if not in a club room and do they give ambassador discount (or free access ever)?

Thanks
They do a very nice afternoon tea, the ambassador rate for access is £75 which is well worth it for 2 people, borderline if you're on your own.

At breakfast they give you a sheet with hot food options that are just eggs in different ways, for some reason they don't tell you that you can order pretty much what you like from the main restaurant, and they didn't tell us that you can actually opt to have your breakfast in the main restaurant if you prefer.

We stayed there 2 weeks ago and only ever saw one other customer in the lounge, the whole afternoon tea was untouched and most of the evening canapés were wasted (though I tried my best to get through as much as possible!)
Old May 4, 2016, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Keefy-boy
They do a very nice afternoon tea, the ambassador rate for access is £75 which is well worth it for 2 people, borderline if you're on your own.

At breakfast they give you a sheet with hot food options that are just eggs in different ways, for some reason they don't tell you that you can order pretty much what you like from the main restaurant, and they didn't tell us that you can actually opt to have your breakfast in the main restaurant if you prefer.

We stayed there 2 weeks ago and only ever saw one other customer in the lounge, the whole afternoon tea was untouched and most of the evening canapés were wasted (though I tried my best to get through as much as possible!)
The afternoon tea is perhaps the only part of the offer which isn't quite as good as the IC PL, it is nice enough but it tends to collide too closely with the evening drinks and food to be useful for leisure stays and is too early to be useful for business stays.
Old May 4, 2016, 5:22 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Gave this place a try on Sunday night for £145 with 1k bonus points rate

Overall I was a bit underwhelmed really. Staff were trying very hard but lacked polish.

Great Canary Wharf views but I thought the room was boring - as others have said, not luxurious like the PL.

Didn't have Club access.

I prefer the PL but if I could get £145/night again I shall be back!
Old May 23, 2016, 3:33 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Does anyone have an understanding of the upgrade policy here. From looking at the price heir achy for the room rates I see, superior>deluxe>deluxe suite>club IC room>club intercon suite. When I called I was told as a RA if i was to book the king club room i would get the deluxe suite upgrade which sounds daft to me as it is around £50 less. It seems more logic to me this should be upgraded to the club intercon suites. Also she said if I booked a deluxe suite i would get free club access.

Can anyone shed some light on this?
Old May 23, 2016, 3:56 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by mitpat474
Does anyone have an understanding of the upgrade policy here. From looking at the price heir achy for the room rates I see, superior>deluxe>deluxe suite>club IC room>club intercon suite. When I called I was told as a RA if i was to book the king club room i would get the deluxe suite upgrade which sounds daft to me as it is around £50 less. It seems more logic to me this should be upgraded to the club intercon suites. Also she said if I booked a deluxe suite i would get free club access.

I see some nights there is only £20 difference between a riverview deluxe suite and IC. Given that IC comes with lounge access, and deluxe suite does not, that might suggest that the suite is a more expensive room than the club room, and so seen as an upgrade. It's hard to gauge from the pictures/description on the website.
Old May 23, 2016, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mitpat474

My experience thus far has been RA's get club on all stays.

I have had 2 stays, initially booking a cityview (or whatever they call it) suite and being upgraded to a luxury riverfront suite (about 100sqm) with club.

Then booking a regular room and being upgraded to a deluxe riverview "suite" with club, you could quibble about the "suite" aspect here but it was MUCH better than the IC PL spa and studio suites I have had. Essentially being a very large room with sofa.

I have more stays coming up very soon so I hope this policy holds, it is a fab property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.