Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC London O2 (Greenwich) Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2016, 2:48 am

Programs: IHG
The lounge looks like the breakfast area at a HIX....
Old Mar 20, 2016, 12:52 pm

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
I was looking at this hotel to book for a couple of nights in May. When I looked last week they offered the IHG member rates which are of course slightly cheaper that the advanced saver rate. I've looked again today and the rate has disappeared. Any date I now check in the future doesn't give me this rate. I guess it may return....
Old Mar 21, 2016, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Smythmeister
I was looking at this hotel to book for a couple of nights in May. When I looked last week they offered the IHG member rates which are of course slightly cheaper that the advanced saver rate. I've looked again today and the rate has disappeared. Any date I now check in the future doesn't give me this rate. I guess it may return....
I booked a member rate for Easter on Saturday so it has only just disappeared. It will be interesting to see how the stay turns out and what sort of upgrade I get from the deluxe suite that I booked. I am not sure I will go out of my way to try the club given what I have seen.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I booked a member rate for Easter on Saturday so it has only just disappeared. It will be interesting to see how the stay turns out and what sort of upgrade I get from the deluxe suite that I booked. I am not sure I will go out of my way to try the club given what I have seen.
Please do post any feedback you have on your stay as I'm thinking of booking there in early April and would be keen to know whether things have changed.

The Club-Lounge at the IC London O2 isn't too bad to be honest, it just isn't, at present, up to the standards of the IC PL Club-Lounge in my opinion. The breakfast spread in the lounge wasn't great but you can always request anything you would like - I asked to try their Full English breakfast (there isn't one listed in the Lounge menu) and they brought one up from the kitchen, and it was enormous, and very good indeed.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 1:42 pm

I've already stayed there and have to say to it was brilliant.

I notice they do a "be our first guest rate" which is the same as the advanced saver rate but includes breakfast and 5000 bonus points. I wish to stay two nights, I wonder if that will give me 10,000 bonus points.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 4:20 am

Thumbs up

I stayed here last night and from booking cheapest, as RA, was upgraded to King Club room with lounge access.^ The hotel is fantastic, and the Clipper bar and 18 bar are stunning. I was prepared to be disappointed by the lounge, and I wasn't going to go for it, but they comped it. Having said that, it looks far nicer in real life than it does in those photos. Plus, if you turn right as you walk in there are sofa's and tables with amazing views of Canary Wharf. When lit up at night, it looks like the view from IC Hong Kong.
The staff are fantastic, young, but very keen. What this hotel lacks in terms of location (Vs Park Lane) It more than makes up with in terms of views, facilities, rooms, and staff.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by turner32
I stayed here last night and from booking cheapest, as RA, was upgraded to King Club room with lounge access.^ The hotel is fantastic, and the Clipper bar and 18 bar are stunning. I was prepared to be disappointed by the lounge, and I wasn't going to go for it, but they comped it. Having said that, it looks far nicer in real life than it does in those photos. Plus, if you turn right as you walk in there are sofa's and tables with amazing views of Canary Wharf. When lit up at night, it looks like the view from IC Hong Kong.
The staff are fantastic, young, but very keen. What this hotel lacks in terms of location (Vs Park Lane) It more than makes up with in terms of views, facilities, rooms, and staff.
I guess I will see tomorrow, I notice my room has not been changed in advance.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We got a great river suite which is nicer than any suite I had at the IC PL or former IC Westminster. Yet to try the club but all looks great so far.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 9:26 am

I love it there, I think it's a great hotel. Yes it has a few minor niggles being new, but I think it's a fantastic experience.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The lounge offering and space is far nicer than is pictured above. The minibar is quite weak though.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 2:34 pm

Came back today. Club room again as upgrade. No suite for me..
Old Mar 27, 2016, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by turner32
Came back today. Club room again as upgrade. No suite for me..
Still here, funny we didn't see you in the very empty lounge earlier.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 5:55 am

Still here, funny we didn't see you in the very empty lounge earlier.

I didn't use the Club on Sunday, although my wife and her friend did briefly.
We had a couple in the Clipper bar later on, as Sky bar was closed.
A few issues with this stay, particularly in the pool area. A child had had an accident in the pool on Sunday afternoon so it was closed for a few hours however, the small jacuzzi-type pool was in use, but the chlorine was unbearable. It burnt not only in my eyes, but the skin below my eyes. It was so strong that it bleached my swimming shorts.
It seems to churn up bits of gravel, bolts and small stones, plus lumps of silicone from the tiles, and a large false eyelash . I believe it's closed today for at least a week, for repairs.
The staff seem helpless to do anything, but they know about it. Not good enough really.
Also, the front entrance was closed upon check-out. It appears that when building the river-facing entrance, they failed to take into account the wind coming off the Thames, and looking at the front of the building, it appears as if some kind of objects had been blown into the windows as they were bady damaged. It's difficult to see how such an oversight could occur.
That said, it's a nice place and can only improve once they've resolved the teething troubles.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes the entrance was closed yesterday after the strong winds which battered the hotel on Sunday night. I didn't see any window damage but there was damage to the roof of the entrance portico. The main entrance is something of a wind tunnel and it is oddly specific to just outside the front door. The exit from the ballroom worked better and I wonder why that was not made the main entrance in the first place.

We had a great stay not entirely perfect but very good and yes there are a few teething issues. The lighting in our suite was difficult to impossible to control, some lights would only turn off or on (despite dimmers) some would never turn off, the bedroom temperature was too high although apparently set on a single zone with the living room, I didn't like the lack of ice machine and the accompanying fact that I felt obliged to tip room service £5 for ice for my solitary gin (one miniature in the minibar) and tonic. I also felt that breakfast should be an a la carte affair rather than buffet. Finally the location isn't great, it is very hard to wheel a bag from the tube because the pavement isn't properly made up, it is easier from the river boat pier but a MUCH longer walk and the car service gets congested and irregular. A constant minibus shuttle at 5 minute intervals would be better.

Against all that the staff were fabulous, the design is very nice, the suite was great, the club is fabulous and the views are stunning.

A little more polish could make this a really outstanding property.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Yes the entrance was closed yesterday after the strong winds which battered the hotel on Sunday night. I didn't see any window damage but there was damage to the roof of the entrance portico. The main entrance is something of a wind tunnel and it is oddly specific to just outside the front door. The exit from the ballroom worked better and I wonder why that was not made the main entrance in the first place.

We had a great stay not entirely perfect but very good and yes there are a few teething issues. The lighting in our suite was difficult to impossible to control, some lights would only turn off or on (despite dimmers) some would never turn off, the bedroom temperature was too high although apparently set on a single zone with the living room, I didn't like the lack of ice machine and the accompanying fact that I felt obliged to tip room service £5 for ice for my solitary gin (one miniature in the minibar) and tonic. I also felt that breakfast should be an a la carte affair rather than buffet. Finally the location isn't great, it is very hard to wheel a bag from the tube because the pavement isn't properly made up, it is easier from the river boat pier but a MUCH longer walk and the car service gets congested and irregular. A constant minibus shuttle at 5 minute intervals would be better.

Against all that the staff were fabulous, the design is very nice, the suite was great, the club is fabulous and the views are stunning.

A little more polish could make this a really outstanding property.
Thanks for your review ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.