Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2014)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2014)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2014, 4:42 pm

Programs: IHG
Good report and useful up to date information. As for the mini-bar, if you call instant service and ask for RA minibar, they bring up a kind of elaborate tray with various spirits and mixers.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 5:23 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by turner32
Good report and useful up to date information. As for the mini-bar, if you call instant service and ask for RA minibar, they bring up a kind of elaborate tray with various spirits and mixers.
Thankyou.

Lounge lady in charge did say something about minibar + spirits, but the Hungarian sparkling wine each evening was so good I had 4 large glasses each evening, as staff kept topping up 1800-2100, Thus I was not even drinking my inroom beers in the evenings and neither did I miss spirits this trip.

And during the day I just drink my sodas.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 10:55 am

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
IC Buckhead - Atlanta

IC Buckhead- Atlanta

What is your Priority Club status?
Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay ?
Yes and no

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked : Deluxe Room @ Gov. Rate
Received: Club King

How are the rooms?
Fine. Decor and condition were good, but the room wasn't really exceptional in any way. Full review with photos is HERE.

How is the exec. lounge?
Not bad, but not up to european standards. Limited bar options, but good evening beer selection. Evening food was surprisingly good and since I was alone, I made dinner out of it.

What was your welcome gift?
None. Unless they think a bottle of spring water counts.

Did you receive fruit in the room?
Yes.

How was the Minibar?
The highpoint of this IC is a pretty good minibar. Good selection of vodka, McCallan, Patron tequila, etc. Picture a the link above.

What was good and what was bad?
Bad: A few days out, my res. showed an upgrade to a suite. Then downgraded back to Club King. No pay-per-view movie available. No gift.
Good: Decent lounge, good minibar, no problems with the room

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Yes. For the rate I paid, I would return if still RA.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by andyandy
IC Buckhead- Atlanta

How are the rooms?
Fine. Decor and condition were good, but the room wasn't really exceptional in any way. Full review with photos is
I agree, as most of US [recent] properties I am afraid.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
London Westminster

Yes, very good.

Booked standard, received Studio Suite with Club access. At least I think it was the same room I had last time which I was told is a Studio Suite. This time they just said it was a Club room.

How are the rooms?
Excellent quality all the way around, except this time I had the windows that others have complained about. That said, at night it was quiet and I slept well.

How is the exec. lounge?
Probably the best IC Club service wise, but I'll chalk that down to the fact that there are very few people in the club as compared to Paris for example. And for Bourbon fans, they've recently changed out the Jack Daniels for Buffalo Trace. ^

Still and sparkling water

Yes.

How was the Minibar?
The same as before, but something weird happened. A year ago I think I must have said to them that they should have a can of Red Bull in the mini-bar like every other IC. So now I got a letter in my room saying that since I made this special request, I would be charged Ł6 for the Red Bull in the mini-bar! And there wasn't even a Red Bull in my minibar. So strange all the way around.

Good: Club access on a standard cheap booking.
Bad: Nothing serious.

Value for Ł or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Yes, great value.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
A year ago I think I must have said to them that they should have a can of Red Bull in the mini-bar like every other IC.
I can think of a large number of IC properties that don't have a can of Red Bull in the mini-bar so I can see why the hotel might not agree with you.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 10:48 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by stimpy
Yes, very good.

Booked standard, received Studio Suite with Club access. At least I think it was the same room I had last time which I was told is a Studio Suite. This time they just said it was a Club room.

How are the rooms?
Excellent quality all the way around, except this time I had the windows that others have complained about. That said, at night it was quiet and I slept well.

How is the exec. lounge?
Probably the best IC Club service wise, but I'll chalk that down to the fact that there are very few people in the club as compared to Paris for example. And for Bourbon fans, they've recently changed out the Jack Daniels for Buffalo Trace. ^

Still and sparkling water

Yes.

How was the Minibar?
The same as before, but something weird happened. A year ago I think I must have said to them that they should have a can of Red Bull in the mini-bar like every other IC. So now I got a letter in my room saying that since I made this special request, I would be charged Ł6 for the Red Bull in the mini-bar! And there wasn't even a Red Bull in my minibar. So strange all the way around.

Good: Club access on a standard cheap booking.
Bad: Nothing serious.

Value for Ł or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Yes, great value.
It was a studio suite, but now i think its called club studio, I think its the room with the swivel TV.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by everywhere
I can think of a large number of IC properties that don't have a can of Red Bull in the mini-bar so I can see why the hotel might not agree with you.
Can you name them? I've stayed at dozens of IC's and the only one I can think of that doesn't have Red Bull is Riyadh. All the other Euro IC's have it as well as the African properties. And Hong Kong, Singapore and several other Asian properties I've been to.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mitpat474
It was a studio suite, but now i think its called club studio, I think its the room with the swivel TV.
Yes that's it. I guess they changed the name.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 12:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
iC Paris Le Grand

IC Paris Le Grand

Royal Ambassador

Yes

Booked : Club Room on Amb Weekend Cert
Received: Royal Suite

How are the rooms?
Really nice! Staying this weekend with my wife and she's impressed.

How is the exec. lounge?
Not bad at all. Free flow champagne all day, so who can complain?

A bottle of Champagne, macarones, a plate of strawberries, juice bottles, fruit and a really nice display of water bottles. Everything presented really really nice.

Yes.

How was the Minibar?
2 piccolo bottles of champagne, 1 bottle of white wine. No red wine. Plenty of other spirits as well.

Bad: cant complain about anything really.
Good: VERY nice upgrade and a very nice welcoming gift

Yes. Getting a royal suite for a total of €475 for a weekend, who can complain? The rate for this room is €2500 per night or €4000 per night rack rate.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by johhenrik
IC Paris Le Grand

Royal Ambassador

Yes

Booked : Club Room on Amb Weekend Cert
Received: Royal Suite

How are the rooms?
Really nice! Staying this weekend with my wife and she's impressed.

How is the exec. lounge?
Not bad at all. Free flow champagne all day, so who can complain?

A bottle of Champagne, macarones, a plate of strawberries, juice bottles, fruit and a really nice display of water bottles. Everything presented really really nice.

Yes.

How was the Minibar?
2 piccolo bottles of champagne, 1 bottle of white wine. No red wine. Plenty of other spirits as well.

Bad: cant complain about anything really.
Good: VERY nice upgrade and a very nice welcoming gift

Yes. Getting a royal suite for a total of €475 for a weekend, who can complain? The rate for this room is €2500 per night or €4000 per night rack rate.
Very nice, I am aiming for a nice room via weekend voucher too, was the hotel particularly full? I have booked an exec room so far and willing to go higher for better room ofc.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 2:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by mitpat474
Very nice, I am aiming for a nice room via weekend voucher too, was the hotel particularly full? I have booked an exec room so far and willing to go higher for better room ofc.
I told them at check-in that its our anniversary, that Paris was the first place we went after we met etc, so I think he fixed it on the spot. Our reservation had been upgraded beforehand to an Opera View Junior Suite, so I think this was handled by the club lounge manager due to the occasion. I wouldn't expect this suite normally.

Did I mention my wife is very impressed with me?
Old Mar 8, 2014, 3:03 am

I told them at check-in that its our anniversary, that Paris was the first place we went after we met etc, so I think he fixed it on the spot. Our reservation had been upgraded beforehand to an Opera View Junior Suite, so I think this was handled by the club lounge manager due to the occasion. I wouldn't expect this suite normally.

Ive seen Bart Lepers video on it , looks so good! Thanks for the tip will be a special occasion for me too
Old Mar 8, 2014, 3:35 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold

I am usually more than delighted with Opera view Junior Suite that is certainly big enough for me. Did you get two minibars in the Royal Suite.

So you were pre-allocated a normal j-suite upgrade, but checkin staff were generous when you mentioned your special occaision. Rembember Le Grand has several Royal Suites and also several even bigger Presidential suites.

I usually book avoid the basic Classic room and book the 1-level-up Superior on both paid and award nights. Mostly I have received j/suite opera view (or partial opera view), with club, which ignoring views, is 2 room types higher ie Sup->exec->j-suite, so I am unsure if worth any extra per night investment being an RA. Thing is at IC-PLG most rooms you have to add lounge on as an extra anyway, only club is 'club superior'

When I ended up being given internal view full suite, to get me out of temporary RA room by 4pm. After saying really I prefer the j/suite previously pre-upgraded to, they found me one, although I had to wait an hour whilst they swapped twin beds for a king.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scubaccr
Did you get two minibars in the Royal Suite.
As I had two mini-bars in the Ambassador Suite, I'm pretty sure the Royal Suite must have two.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.