Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2014)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2014)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2014, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Istanbul

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, excellent.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked standard, received Executive Suite, Sea View with Club

How are the rooms?
Loads of space with wrap around views and nice furniture. Two bathrooms a shower cabin and bath/shower, double sinks, etc. Very nice.

How is the Club Lounge?
It was renovated since my last stay but the layout is the same. Lots of space, good food, and an excellent check in experience. But the service at breakfast and happy hour is far too slow. All the drinks must be brought out from the kitchen and they aren't good at multi-tasking.

What was your welcome gift?
Not sure.

How was the mini-bar?
Pretty good if you like Turkish wine. Beer, hard drinks & Raki. Drinks only are included for RA's. There's also a Nespresso.

Did you receive fruit in the room?
Yes, replenished daily with some marzipans, etc.

What was good and what was bad?
Good
Excellent upgrade, fresh rooms and club.
Rooftop restaurant is pretty good and all elites, even PC Plat, get two drink coupons for the bar.
The ladies at the Club desk.

Bad
Nothing other than slow drink service in the Club.

Value for € or Priority Club Points?
Yes, great value.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 5:05 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
IC Wuxi

IC Wuxi

It's always good, even though not a great location. This was my first stay as RA.

Lowest category, King Deluxe on BF with BK (for Big Win) Received two level UPG King Club.

How are the rooms?
Very large and in great condition. Comfortable bedding and nice tub in bathroom with separate toilet and shower rooms.

How is the exec. lounge?
A little small but adequate for the number of people staying there, though in the past is does get crowded during holidays like Spring Festival. Food and drinks were very good, though I prefer the breakfast on the 5th floor as it is a complete buffet with everything.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Fruit and candies.

How was the minibar?
Just a few and a couple small bottles of wine. Mostlt soft drinks and fruit juices.

-Good
Very friendly staff and the pool is huge. Rates here are about the lowest you will find for an IC anywhere and it is a great property.

-Bad
Location. Not very convenient, and a lot of construction going on, but then, this is China.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Excellent.

Would you return?
Definitely, have 4 nights for Spring Festival already UPG'd to the Club Deluxe Suite.

Last edited by rbAA; Jan 18, 2014 at 6:48 pm Reason: added name of hotel to post
Old Jan 17, 2014, 11:26 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
InterContinental Shanghai Ruijin

InterContinental Shanghai Ruijin

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?

Platinum Royal Ambassador.

Yes

Booked Club InterContinental Premier Room.
Received Club InterContinental Suite.

How are the rooms?
Very gorgeous Bed Room and Bathroom. Living Room is a little bit dark and bore for me.

How is the Club Lounge?
Very nice atmosphere. Very excellent staff.
Fantastic food qualities in breakfast.
No Champagne or Sparking Wine.

Chinese Shadowgraph Puppet

How was the mini-bar?
One of the worst mini-bar in my experience.
Orange juice, Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Tonic Water, Evian, Perrier, Tsingtao Beer, Heineken, Cheap wine(Red and White), Cognac, Scotch, Vodka, Gin. each one bottle.

Yes
4 Bottles water per day

GOOD
+ RA recognition
+ Location
+ Nice Lounge
++ Luxury Bathroom
++ Iprespresso Coffee machine (by illy coffee)

BAD
- No Champagne or Sparking Wine in Club Lounge
- Poor Mini-Bar
- Internet is in the Chinese Great Firewall. Cannot access to Facebook, Twitter or YouTube.
(IC Suzhou can access)

Value for $ or Rewards Club Points?
Yes.

Would you return?
Definitely.

Last edited by Raynyan; Feb 23, 2016 at 2:10 am
Old Jan 18, 2014, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
InterContinental Saő Paulo

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Platinum Royal Ambassador.

Delighted

Booked cheapest advance rate, and received an Executive Club Suite on last floor.

How are the rooms?
Around 60sqm
Very nicely designed by Patricia Anastassiadis
Large seating area with desk. Nespresso machine.
Bedroom with large and very comfortable bed. iphone dock. Large flat screen television with good selection of cable channels.
Bathroom with window over the bedroom. Jacuzzi Bathtub. Separate walk-in shower. L'Occitane amenities. Large bottle of bath salt and foambath.
View over the city.
Very quiet. Efficient air conditioning.

Video of the suite

How is the Club Lounge?
Very elegant atmosphere.
Bar dining table.
Seating area.
PCs with printers.
Magazines and books
Nice selection of evening food and afternoon teas pastries and fruits.
Breakfast was not served at the club lounge during Christmas holidays period.

GOOD
- Very nicely renovated property
- Exclusive locations, close to elegant boutiques/restaurants and museums.
- Very smiling and attentive staff
- Perhaps one of my best check-in experiences with great concierge.
- Pleasant club lounge
- 6pm check-out was offered even without asking

BAD
- The swimming pool area has not been renovated yet and looks desolated compared to the rest of the hotel

Value for $ or Rewards Club Points?Would you return?
Definitely.
Simply one of the best ICs in Americas for design, service and location.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Le Grand Paris

Yes, excellent. First stay of 2014 for me at this hotel, with only a few changes to report.

Booked Classic, upgraded to Junior Suite a few days before as I could see online. Then I added a points reservation for the following day and that too was upgraded to Junior Suite. I don't know if it's just me, or this is now the standard RA upgrade?

How are the rooms?
There are several different Junior Suite designs at this hotel, and this time I got "the big square room" design. Lots of space and a large bathroom.

How is the Club Lounge?
As good as ever. Seemingly non-stop service from 7am to around 10pm I think. You can still make egg orders at breakfast.

Macaroons, and a very nice little diary.

How was the mini-bar?
I think this hotel was one of the last to offer snacks to RA's, and now they are officially done with that. Drinks only. But the drinks are still the same. And of course you can always get snacks in the club.

The usual fruit bowl, etc. But they started recently giving 3 bottles of upscale fruit juice/nectar varieties too.

Good
Great upgrade and Club
Great location
Great service

Bad
Nothing other than the bad news that Sandrine has left the Club, after many years.

Absolutely a great value.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 11:39 pm

Location: MEL, PER, PBO, occasionally ships, oil rigs and other places that no sane human being should ever find themselves
Programs: IHG RA, PC Plat, QF Plat/LTS
IC Frankfurt

Originally Posted by vsevolod4

Yeah but not delighted.

How are the rooms?

Due for a refurb.

-Bad
No Club Access
Did they ever get rid of the old CRT TV's?
Old Jan 20, 2014, 7:17 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by stimpy

How is the Club Lounge?
As good as ever. Seemingly non-stop service from 7am to around 10pm I think. You can still make egg orders at breakfast.
I can confirm from my last stay nearly everything what you've said. But the club lounge offerings I found very disappointing. Three days in a row repetitive snacks, no warm offerings in the evenings and the egg orders at breakfast were also not mentioned. When I compare the lounge to other lounges in the system, e.g. Berlin, BKK etc the Le Grand lounge is by far inferior. The all day long bubbly doesnt change my view.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IC Madrid

IC Madrid

Yes.

Booked Deluxe, given inner corner Club King.

How are the rooms?
Courtyard facing with balcony and a decent amount of space. Good bathroom and well appointed.

How is the Club Lounge?
No discernable change from last year. Still pretty good happy hour that lasts til 10:30pm, but I took my breakfast in the restaurant as usual.

A nice gift box of hams, cheeses, etc.

How was the mini-bar?
Not the best, but ok. Drinks only for RA's.

3 Clementines.

Good
Great service
Club access
Low cost at this time of year.

Bad
Nothing.

Yes

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jan 22, 2014 at 11:41 pm Reason: added name also to post not thread title only
Old Jan 22, 2014, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by boekel
I can confirm from my last stay nearly everything what you've said. But the club lounge offerings I found very disappointing. Three days in a row repetitive snacks, no warm offerings in the evenings and the egg orders at breakfast were also not mentioned. When I compare the lounge to other lounges in the system, e.g. Berlin, BKK etc the Le Grand lounge is by far inferior. The all day long bubbly doesnt change my view.
The IC BKK definitely has better meat dishes and hot food, but it cannot compare with Paris when it comes to desserts, canapes, bread, coffee, wine and Champagne. Also I prefer a Club where I can pour my own drink as I do in Paris, rather than have to wait for the staff to bring me a drink as in BKK.

As for breakfast orders, it has always been this way. For at least a decade or so. It's not mentioned, but you should know you can make any request and they will endeavor to make it happen. And you can perhaps notice people around you making orders too.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 9:09 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
IC Paris

IC Paris

Booked Classic, upgraded to Junior Suite a few days before as I could see online. Then I added a points reservation for the following day and that too was upgraded to Junior Suite. I don't know if it's just me, or this is now the standard RA upgrade?
I stayed over Christmas on points, and was upgraded to a Junior Suite for the whole stay as well. ^
Old Jan 24, 2014, 10:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
IC Boston

Yes, this is by far my favorite IC location.

Booked lowest available (King Deluxe) and was upgraded to the Penthouse North Suite.

How are the rooms?

This suite is amazing! It is the largest in the hotel at 3100 sqft. It has a double door marble entranceway, a massive 8 person dinging table, kitchen, living room, library, and huge bedroom. There are two bathrooms. The master bathroom itself is larger than a typical hotel room.

How is the exec. lounge?

Very quiet and private feel. Attentive and friendly staff, very happy to please. Great breakfast, good afternoon snacks, and excellent drink selection from about 5pm to 9pm.

Did you receive a welcome gift?

No, just a personalized letter from the hotel's GM.

How was the minibar?
Excellent. Nothing but the best. Kendall Jackson white and red, grey goose, etc. I noticed that this minibar didn't have the bottle of Belvedere of the half bottle of Veuve Cliquot that I had seen on previous stays. I called room service and they told me that they don't stock that on the 12th floor, but that they would bring some up for me free of charge.

-Good
Amazing rooms, very comfortable lounge. The staff at this location go out of their way to please. Excellent recognition for RAs. You receive all benefits on rewards stays as well.

-Bad
The only bad thing is to have to check out.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Absolutely.

Would you return?
Have, and will again.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 9:05 am

The IC BKK definitely has better meat dishes and hot food, but it cannot compare with Paris when it comes to desserts, canapes, bread, coffee, wine and Champagne. Also I prefer a Club where I can pour my own drink as I do in Paris, rather than have to wait for the staff to bring me a drink as in BKK.

As for breakfast orders, it has always been this way. For at least a decade or so. It's not mentioned, but you should know you can make any request and they will endeavor to make it happen. And you can perhaps notice people around you making orders too.
Prefer as well to pour my own drinks. However when I officially ask 150 EUR I expect that there are not every day the same canapes. The red wine I found mediocre at its best.

On the other hand it was on top of the upgrade I got, so that I wouldn't see it that negative, if I had to pay out of my pocket for it, which I do e.g. always in Berlin and would do in other locations.

Last edited by boekel; Jan 25, 2014 at 11:57 am Reason: grammar corrected
Old Jan 25, 2014, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by boekel
The red wine I found mediocre at its best.
I don't drink red wine in clubs, but the Chablis they serve in Paris is far better than the white wine they serve in BKK. But I would never pay for lounge access in any case!
Old Jan 25, 2014, 11:57 am

I don't drink red wine in clubs, but the Chablis they serve in Paris is far better than the white wine they serve in BKK. But I would never pay for lounge access in any case!
in Berlin I do, as I find the 45 EUR per room for RA's to be very good value. Otherwise I agree with you.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 1:59 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
IC Beijing Beichen

Absolutely

Booked cheapest, got humongous suite with club access. (50th stay?)

How are the rooms?
Around 180 sqm, lounge, walk-in closet with divan, large living room with couch and several armchairs. Standard size bathroom. Guest bathroom.

How is the Club Lounge?
Great as always. Good service, drinks including cocktails. Food at happy hour is very repetitive.

What was good?
- Great upgrade
- Great staff and lounge
- Nice pool and gym
Value for € or Rewards Club Points? Would you return?
Everytime I'm in Beijing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.