Search

IHG Dining Rewards being replaced

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2015, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
IHG Dining Rewards being replaced

Got the following message from IHG this morning:

Unfortunately the IHG Dining Rewards program will no longer be continuing in 2017, and because of this, sales and renewals have ceased.

IHG are currently working on a new alternative that will bring a much better experience and value to all its members. This will be advised in the New Year.
Not sure if this is just for Australia, or for all countries it operates in.

Last edited by perthite; Dec 27, 2015 at 5:47 pm
Old Dec 28, 2015, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just to clarify:

This is a separate dining program, having nothing do with the Rewards Network program (in the USA) called IHG® Rewards Club Dining. The Rewards Network program seems to be continuing.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Just to clarify:

This is a separate dining program, having nothing do with the Rewards Network program (in the USA) called IHG® Rewards Club Dining. The Rewards Network program seems to be continuing.
Perhaps "limping along" might be an accurate description.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 11:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Just to clarify:

Correct. I am referring to the IHG Dining Rewards program, as defined in the member terms and conditions here: http://www.ihg.com/hotels/gb/en/glob...#diningrewards
Old Dec 28, 2015, 11:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

if it isn't ending until 2017, seems early to stop renewals/new memberships
Old Dec 29, 2015, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
if it isn't ending until 2017, seems early to stop renewals/new memberships
If IHG don't plan on providing the benefits from Jan 1 2017 then the appropriate time to cease renewals/new memberships (which are valid for 12 months) is pretty much right now.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 1:26 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
If IHG don't plan on providing the benefits from Jan 1 2017 then the appropriate time to cease renewals/new memberships (which are valid for 12 months) is pretty much right now.
Agree, still never got a membership card . Was sad when priority privilege morphed into this program, now it's pretty much dead as a little bird hinted to me a few weeks back, Cest la vie, happily enjoying Accor Plus, having snagged some awesome rooms this year for sub $100 in Perth, Hunter Valley and Sydney Environs thanks to their hot rooms. I might be slightly biased, living in a Sebel when not travelling.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by markis10

Agree, still never got a membership card . Was sad when priority privilege morphed into this program, now it's pretty much dead as a little bird hinted to me a few weeks back, Cest la vie, happily enjoying Accor Plus, having snagged some awesome rooms this year for sub $100 in Perth, Hunter Valley and Sydney Environs thanks to their hot rooms. I might be slightly biased, living in a Sebel when not travelling.
I never really extracted the same value out of this prpgram compared to PP, but will be interested to see what replaces it. I asked in a hotel the other day and was given the same story about something being worked out, but no hints as to what it may be.

As for Accor, they have had some good offers this year....
Old Jan 1, 2016, 9:24 am

The website allowed me to join on 30 December 2015 and everything has been reflected on my member page (including the free night), but I now see that it no longer seems to accept even online applications anymore.

(Clicking on "apply" keeps redirecting to the information page)

The upcoming discontinuation was previously publicised on Loyalty Lobby: http://loyaltylobby.com/2015/12/24/i...ember-15-2015/

I thought it was a decent deal overall, with the free night making up most of the value even before you take into account the remaining benefits (the main F&B discount as well as others such as IHG status upgrade). Glad I decided not to wait till the new year to apply online.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:45 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite
That's a shame, we got great value out of it as we have an intercontinental in our hometown and with the free night's accommodation it paid for itself. Unfortunately we won't be dining as much at the intercontinental or staying at the Sydney Intercontinental if they are closing down dining rewards unless they replace it with something similar. If anyone hears what is replacing it please post it up here. I did find that the communication for this loyalty club wasn't the best. You had to keep looking on the dining rewards website to see what offers were available. Sometimes when we went down to the Intercontinental restaurant they didn't even know about the Dining rewards promotions so I always took a printout of the offer. I must have a look at the Accorplus club.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 7:35 am

Yeah, I was said I wanted to long to join this, and so missed out.

I'll be interested to see what the new programme offers.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 12:59 am

The registration form appears to be functional here:

https://www.ihg.com/diningrewards/gb/en/join/register.

However, I'm not in a position to test it out anymore since I am already a member. Perhaps it will still work for those who wanted to join.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 7:24 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by stargold
The registration form appears to be functional here:

https://www.ihg.com/diningrewards/gb/en/join/register.

However, I'm not in a position to test it out anymore since I am already a member. Perhaps it will still work for those who wanted to join.
I click on the "Enrol Online" icon and it just refreshes the page. It doesnt lead to the enrolment page.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 10:17 am

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Same here. The page will load in new tab - but no way to join.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 1:11 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite
Accorplus website

In the end I just signed up for the accorplus club since ihg doesn't know what's happening with a replacement for dining rewards and my membership runs out in March.

However just had a question for any accorplus members out there, do you have trouble trying to logon to the accorplus website? I can't get on to accorplus website but can get on to the accorhotels website to get rates.

Can anyone tell me does the accorplus site, once logged on, having special offers not available on the accorhotels website? Tried to sort out with the csll centre why my log on doesn't work but it's still not working!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.