Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2015, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Matthew330Ci
Link to check your status: http://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q1accelerate16/dashboard

For the purposes of this and many of their other promotions, IHG divides their 'Holiday Inn' labeled properties into two groups- Holiday Inn Express and everything else- Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Resorts, Holiday Inn Select (yes, a few of those still exist), Holiday Inn Club Vacation.

Sample terms & conditions common from the 'stay 2 brands' requirement-

" Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded after the required number of qualifying room nights have been consumed by the member at the required number of distinct IHG brand hotels between 1 January 2016 and 30 April 2016 (both dates inclusive) at InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, EVENTM or HUALUXETM hotels worldwide. Stays at Holiday Inn Resorts® , Holiday Inn Select and the Holiday Inn Club Vacation® properties count as Stays at the Holiday Inn brand and Stays at InterContinental Alliance® Resort properties count as Stays at the InterContinental brand."

Cheapest way to satisfy "Earn When You Redeem" task: Digital download of a 3 point e-book. Look for Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. It is also possible to book an award night and cancel once the task shows as completed on the Dashboard.

Points stays and cash + points stays do not count toward any stay or night tasks, except those tasks that tell you specifically that a points stay or a cash + points stay is required, since points stays and cash + points stays are not considered "qualifying" (they do not earn points), and all other tasks require "qualifying" nights/stays.

As of March 22, there were no reports of points and cash stays properly posting to the dashboard (for offers requiring a points+cash stay). IHG said it was aware of the problem and was working on a fix, but did not have a time frame. Around March 24/25, many people reported points and cash tasks finally posting to the dashboard.
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 2016 Promotion (January to April 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2015, 8:26 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, ClubCarlson Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy
Sorry, but this IHG promo scheme rewards the newbies. Not the steady loyal guests. But as I have status in nearly every other hotel chain I'll be fine.
Based on this comment I'd say you missed the point of the promotion. IHG doesn't want you to move your nights to five different hotel chains. They want to keep you at IHG properties. If you have status with every other hotel chain earned by staying with the other chains (and not credit card offers) then your offer from IHG was spot on. If you can stay 25 nights with IHG then they want to try to get more of those Marriott/SPG/Hilton/Hyatt nights from you. They want you to move nights from other chains to IHG. If you don't complete this offer the next one will come back down.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 8:28 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by treydawgmt
Should count. From what I read in the Terms this is identical termwise to Accelerate 2015, where the stay must be consumed in the promotional period, but can be booked prior to the announcement of the promotion.
Thanks, glad i don't need to spend anymore points
Old Dec 16, 2015, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by RDB68
Based on this comment I'd say you missed the point of the promotion. IHG doesn't want you to move your nights to five different hotel chains. They want to keep you at IHG properties. If you have status with every other hotel chain earned by staying with the other chains (and not credit card offers) then your offer from IHG was spot on. If you can stay 25 nights with IHG then they want to try to get more of those Marriott/SPG/Hilton/Hyatt nights from you. They want you to move nights from other chains to IHG. If you don't complete this offer the next one will come back down.
I get the point, but what you and they need to realize is that their current method does not scale. It's fine if they move you from 5 nights to 10 or from 15 to 20. But when you go from 25 to 40 or just reaching 40 during a promo period, then you've gone too far. What if I made the 40 nights? Then the next promo they would ask me to do 55 or 60, right? It does not scale. They need to go back into the program and set some limits.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 9:18 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
In 2015 I've done only 9 nights in total, 5 of them reward nights, and no stay longer than 2 nights. (I kept boycotting IHG due to crazy challenge offers). This time's seems even worse:

In 2015 Q4 I needed 7 nights (plus 7 nights on a corporate rate which I don't have!), this time it has increased to 10 nights, despite me only doing one paid and one reward night in Q4!
Old Dec 16, 2015, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
I get the point, but what you and they need to realize is that their current method does not scale. It's fine if they move you from 5 nights to 10 or from 15 to 20. But when you go from 25 to 40 or just reaching 40 during a promo period, then you've gone too far. What if I made the 40 nights? Then the next promo they would ask me to do 55 or 60, right? It does not scale. They need to go back into the program and set some limits.
Spot on! Whatever calculation they are using just isn't working.

Whilst the aim is to get you to stay more they have made it so that you then question whether any of it is worthwhile. It should be expected that the target will be an increase but the numbers required are bizarre.

As an example I achieved the first three of these style of promotions and finished last year with 51 paid nights.

My Q1 target IIRC was 26 - over half of my previous years stays in four months
My Q4 target was 35 nights - two thirds of my previous years stays in four months

So they wanted me to do 20% more stays in two thirds of this year than I did in the whole of last year.

The end result due to the two targeted promotions was I have halved the number of IHG stays this year.

My 2016 offers are good so by the looks of things it take a full year to recalibrate.

Last edited by chrism20; Dec 16, 2015 at 9:32 am
Old Dec 16, 2015, 9:34 am

Programs: Cathay MPC, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Domestic Airline Nobody
Anyone know how they determine date of the stay? Is it based on Check-in... or Check out?

I'm staying at a Crowne Plaza in Hong Kong on New Year's eve. Check 12/31, Checkout maybe 1/1. So would that count as my January stay? (As well as my 1st Crowne Plaza stay!)
Old Dec 16, 2015, 9:44 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Mine is as follows:

Unfortunately I do not have corporate account rates and this task is totally not do-able for me

5,000 January Bonus Offer
Stay once in January and get 5,000 bonus points.

6,000 Stay Once Get 6,000
Thank you for choosing IHG. We'd like to see you again soon. Stay once and earn 6,000 bonus points.

40,000 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 20 night(s) and earn 40,000 bonus points.

14,400 Authentic Experiences
Live the InterContinental® life when you stay at 3 InterContinental® hotel(s) and earn 14,400 bonus points.

7,200 Corporate Account Bonus
Stay 4 time(s) using your negotiated rate and earn 7,200 bonus points.

8,000 Explore Greater China
Stay in two IHG® hotels in two of the following destinations of Greater China respectively to earn 8,000 bonus points: Shanghai, Hongkong, Macau, Beijing, Tianjin, Qingdao, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Kunming, Lijiang, Xishuangbanna.

4,700 Eat, Drink, and Earn
Spend $510 on food or beverages at IHG hotels and earn 4,700 bonus points.

1,000 Earn When You Redeem
You earned your points, now use them! Redeem your points for anything, from a digital download to a Reward Night, and you’ll earn 1,000 bonus points.

21,000 Your Achievement Bonus

Complete 6 of the 7 offers above and earn (an additional) 21,000 bonus points (excluding the January Bonus Offer).
Old Dec 16, 2015, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I assume that if we make one stay in Jan we will complete 2 tasks?
Old Dec 16, 2015, 10:33 am

Stay once in January and get 5,000 bonus points.

5,000 Stay Once Get 5,000
Stay once and earn 5,000 bonus points.

16,000 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 8 night(s) and earn 16,000 bonus points.

4,000 A Bonus Weekend Stay
Stay with us for the weekend and earn 4,000 bonus points.

9,600 Stay Smart® on the Weekends
Stay Smart® by staying at 2 Holiday Inn Express® hotels on the weekend and earn 9,600 bonus points.

4,000 Stay a Little Longer
Earn 4,000 bonus points when you book a single stay of four or more consecutive nights.

1,500 Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card
Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn bonus points.

You earned your points, now use them! Redeem your points for anything, from a digital download to a Reward Night, and you’ll earn 1,000 bonus points.

13,000 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 6 of the 7 offers above and earn (an additional) 13,000 bonus points (excluding the January Bonus Offer).
Old Dec 16, 2015, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Raynyan
That's nuts. Do you typically stay at IC's?
Old Dec 16, 2015, 11:08 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
5,000 Stay once in January
6,000 Stay Once Get 6,000
12,000 stay 6 night(s) and earn 12,000 bonus points
3,500 Book 3 stay(s) with the IHG® App and earn 3,500 bonus points
4,000 Stay with us for the weekend and earn 4,000 bonus points
17,600 staying at 3 IHG hotel(s) outside of your country of residence
600 Spend $50 on food or beverages at IHG hotels
16,000 Complete 6 of the 7 offers and earn (an additional) 16,000 (excluding the January Bonus Offer)

Wonder how it copes with stays over New Year's! Must take a look as could be a big swing factor... I can stay 4 nights in Shanghai (was just looking at IC prices)
- get 8,400 from the current promo
- 6,000 for stay once
- 5,000 for stay in January
- 4,000 for a weekend
- 23,400 from above

Can then back it up with 4 nights at Crowne Plaza in Kyoto
- 12,000 for hitting the 6 nights

Then 1 more night ex-UK, a redemption and $50 F&B spend gets me additional 35,200 points...

Last edited by lorcancoyle; Dec 16, 2015 at 11:13 am
Old Dec 16, 2015, 12:20 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Was searching high and low in my email to find anything about the 2016 promo but couldn't find it, however logging into IHGclub website and there it was brazzingly tempting me!

These are my offers and thoughts:
Offer Description Status
Stay once in January and get 5,000 bonus points. (Staycation at local HIX RTM has in January rooms less then 85EUR/100USD)

5,000 Stay Once Get 5,000
Thank you for choosing IHG. We'd like to see you again soon. Stay once and earn 5,000 bonus points. (Same as above, very doable maybe a bit to easy, not complaining though)

BOOK NOW
10,000 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 10,000 bonus points. (Need to see if it's 5nights at 1 hotel or spread out over different hotels in total, was planning an easterbreak of 4/5 nights plus add 1night at my local HIX for offers 1&2)

3,200 Travel with the IHG® App
Book 2 stay(s) with the IHG® App and earn 3,200 bonus points. (Now in a thought planning for easter, a trip to IC Malta and Indigo Edinburgh weekend romance stay - so very doable/sidenote: i find it a bit clunky on the app to see the roomtypes available at the hotels after inputting stay-dates, i would prefer a short summary what type room/suites the hotel offers on their general page. Now i need to first visit the hotel's own website to see what are the (in)visible differences in std/sup/del/prem/jrsuite/srsuite/club accomodation offerings etc.

4,000 A Bonus Weekend Stay
Stay with us for the weekend and earn 4,000 bonus points. A Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday night stay required. (See above: one of the trips should cover this requirement)

3,600 Stay for Less and Earn
Earn 3,600 bonus points when you book 1 stay(s) using Points and Cash. We'll reward you with more bonus points when you use a combination of points and cash. (This one is tricky, i usually pay cash for any stay and use points if/or functions/family/business opportunies require it, so need to give it a thought)

12,800 Globetrotter Bonus
Earn 12,800 bonus points for staying at 2 IHG hotel(s) outside of your country of residence. You’ll earn for one hotel stay per country. (The aforementioned IC Malta is already nailed, now to find a different IC and persuading someone else to join-in on the ICmatras run ~ if the romance at Indigo Edinburgh fails )

14,000 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 5 of the 6 offers above and earn (an additional) 14,000 bonus points (excluding the January Bonus Offer)

Conclusion, possible that i can reach it with some skillfull planning in days and trying a new IC for the fun of it. I'm booking IHG published rates and have no access to corporate rates.

Last edited by HadesNL; Dec 16, 2015 at 2:28 pm Reason: Easy reading by spacing and suffering from jetlag
Old Dec 16, 2015, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
AAA Rates Qualify?

IIRC, stays at the AAA rate are "Qualifying." Does anyone know for certain?

I got a good offer this time...three weekend nights at HIXs will do the trick
Old Dec 16, 2015, 12:29 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I got some good ones:

- Stay Once: 5,000 Points

- Stay Once in January: 5,000 Points

- Stay More Get More: 5 Nights = 10,000 Points

- Stay Smart on Weekends: Three HIX Stays on Weekends = 13,200 Points (strange number)

- Stay for Less and Earn: Points + Cash = 3,600 Points

- Achievement Bonus: Complete 3/4 = 18,200 (excludes January Bonus Offer)

I've already booked the HIX RDU on 1/1 for $59 to get the first 10,000 and after that I'll figure out where things take me.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
I got some good ones:

- Stay Once: 5,000 Points

- Stay Once in January: 5,000 Points

- Stay More Get More: 5 Nights = 10,000 Points

- Stay Smart on Weekends: Three HIX Stays on Weekends = 13,200 Points (strange number)

- Stay for Less and Earn: Points + Cash = 3,600 Points

- Achievement Bonus: Complete 3/4 = 18,200 (excludes January Bonus Offer)

I've already booked the HIX RDU on 1/1 for $59 to get the first 10,000 and after that I'll figure out where things take me.
Really envy those of you have dirt cheap rates in your locales. Down here in South Florida, nothing is below $160 and they are more like $200 and up even for an HIX! No go for us. We normally cannot take advantage of IHG promo unless it coincides with our real travels. Mattress run does not work in our area. Would be cheaper to just "buy" points at 0.007 should we need them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.