Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which hotels have reward nights for 10 000 points?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2015, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Which hotels have reward nights for 10 000 points?

I received 10 000 IHG points as a customer service bonus due to an issue with my room. I don't really have any use for the points since I usually book through third party sites and when not, I get airline miles instead of IHG points.

Basically my options are to convert those points into 2000 airline miles or find a hotel where I could redeem those for a one-night stay. But are there any lists out there that show the number of points needed for a reward night? The only list I found was from 2011 and not up-to-date.

Thanks for your help!
Old Nov 16, 2015, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by ffay005
I received 10 000 IHG points as a customer service bonus due to an issue with my room. I don't really have any use for the points since I usually book through third party sites and when not, I get airline miles instead of IHG points.

Basically my options are to convert those points into 2000 airline miles or find a hotel where I could redeem those for a one-night stay. But are there any lists out there that show the number of points needed for a reward night? The only list I found was from 2011 and not up-to-date.

Thanks for your help!
Depends on your location and time of the year, but if you have any specific locations in USA, have a look at the IHG PointsBreak list to score 5,000 point nights!

http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glob...ds/pointbreaks

I found the Holiday Inn Express Friedrichshafen to be a good buy in Europe, but again, it mainly just depends on where you want to stay and the time of the year. You can find these 5,000 pointbreaks for this month extending up till January, and they rotate every month, so you can always find new hotels every month for PointsBreak.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 8:23 pm

Programs: Many
Here's one 10,000 point listing from January of this year:

http://euflyer.boardingarea.com/2015...points-hotels/
Old Nov 16, 2015, 9:29 pm

Drew over at TravelIsFree has a map of all of the IHG properties. I constantly find myself referring to it for planning. You can filter by award category to just display the 10k properties:

http://travelisfree.com/2014/08/04/c...ds-properties/

Being able to visualize locations on a map always works better for me than trying to read a list.

I agree with henilrocks2001 though - booking two nights at a PointBreaks hotel is likely your best value.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 11:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Thanks a lot! These lists will be a great help. Maybe a 2-night weekend trip to one of the European point break hotels would be my best bet. I live in HEL.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 4:58 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ffay005

Thanks for your help!
John at loyaltylobby.com created word/pdf listings in 2011 and 2013 when IHG made massive award night changes.

Whilst word loyaltylobbys doc is locked/password protected, this is easily bypassed/cheated (check internet on how to) (I did for my on private use) and then you can sort on column/multple-columns such as country/city/brand/rate......My own version is sorted country/city/point-rate BUT could be simply sorted by ....country then points

Of course once unlocked you can filter your word-doc on any colums/columns by a value such as show on;y IC or show CP, or show 10K/15K, any combos are possible

note- as advised check pointsbreaks out at 5k/night next list will be out late Han2016 probably covering Feb-Apr2016, current list is now to 31Jan2016. Advatage of PB is every hotel s 5k/night whatever the normal rate (eg 20k, 35k etc )

Last edited by scubaccr; Nov 17, 2015 at 5:03 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.