Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Indigo San José Forum Costa Rica downgraded to HIX

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2015, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
Indigo San José Forum Costa Rica downgraded to HIX

About to book a hotel in San José, I was shocked to find a new Holiday Inn Express near the Forum (it wasn't bookable earlier this week). A closer look made me realize it's the Hotel Indigo. When trying to view more of the hotel, I found this announcement:

We are happy to announce that we are changing our brand from Indigo to Holiday Inn Express soon. Visit us to enjoy new perks such as complimentary breakfast and on-site convenience store as we continue to deliver great value and service.

It doesn't say when it's going to change, but they are already offering complimentary breakfast.

I stayed there last year and the impression that I got is that it wasn't stylish enough to be a Hotel Indigo, but more like a standard Holiday Inn in the middle of nowhere, for that's where it's located. It used to be, and still is, the cheapest IHG hotel in San José, so I guess that something like this was meant to happen.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 8:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Gold, IHG Gold, AA Plat
I stayed there in August. They were transitioning when I was staying there. The sign outside said Indigo but the room keys and some of the signage inside said Holiday Inn Express.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.