Wiki Posts
Search

Ihg in Toronto

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2015, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Ihg in Toronto

Hi all

Looking to go to Toronto next year for 6 nights wondering if anyone has stayed at ic Toronto centre, ic Toronto Yorkville or Hi express Toronto downtown?

I'm unsure which one considering location, views from rooma service and ihg benefits

I'm spire member and have 150k ihg points to use but don't.mind paying for a few nights.

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 31, 2015, 3:02 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
There's a whole thread dedicated to IC Toronto Centre vs IC Toronto Yorkville.

I've stayed at both InterContinentals and liked them both. Kinda depends on what you're planning to do in Toronto. My niece liked the kids check-in counter at IC Toronto Centre, it's close to the CN Tower, and I seem to get better upgrades there. IC Toronto Yorkville is right by the Royal Ontario Museum and shopping. It feels a bit fancier to me.

Split your nights and stay at both!
Old Jul 31, 2015, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Thanks.for that...don't think.the wife would approve as we are looking to stay for a night in crowne plaza Niagra falls....

Kids checkin really?

Originally Posted by King Chung Huang

I've stayed at both InterContinentals and liked them both. Kinda depends on what you're planning to do in Toronto. My niece liked the kids check-in counter at IC Toronto Centre, it's close to the CN Tower, and I seem to get better upgrades there. IC Toronto Yorkville is right by the Royal Ontario Museum and shopping. It feels a bit fancier to me.

Old Aug 1, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by craigmmorq4
Thanks.for that...don't think.the wife would approve as we are looking to stay for a night in crowne plaza Niagra falls....

Kids checkin really?

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Chung Huang

I stayed at Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls. As a Gold member I received a full bottle of red wine and a room on a special floor that had its own elevator. Very European feel to the property, loved it.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 10:46 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
the big difference between Yorkville and Toronto Centre is the Club facility at Toronto Centre, Yorkville has no club, for us with kids, club makes a big and valuable difference.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 10:50 am

Kids checkin really?
remember when staying at the CP at Niagara, you can use the Sheraton facilities next door, including the rooftop pool, same owners, also the buffet at the Sheraton is great. you can charge it to your CP room, and get the points.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 10:53 am

Hi all

Looking to go to Toronto next year for 6 nights wondering if anyone has stayed at ic Toronto centre, ic Toronto Yorkville or Hi express Toronto downtown?

I'm unsure which one considering location, views from rooma service and ihg benefits

I'm spire member and have 150k ihg points to use but don't.mind paying for a few nights.

Thanks in advance
Tononto Centre with club wins hands down, Vera runs the club, and does a great job^
Old Aug 2, 2015, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Great thanks for that. They've upgraded me already to superior room which has access to club lounge and limo service it says online which is impressive

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
Tononto Centre with club wins hands down, Vera runs the club, and does a great job^
Old Aug 2, 2015, 1:07 pm

Great thanks for that. They've upgraded me already to superior room which has access to club lounge and limo service it says online which is impressive
we've had half a dozen stays there, the limo service they provide, from memory is free up until 12pm or 2pm, and within a five or ten mile trip, the GM is Alexi Hakim, nice guy.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 9:00 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
I've actually always stayed at the HIX Downtown - it's better than the vast majority of HIXs, has a very decent corporate rate for me, and the staff there always work hard to find a room on a high floor which gives great views of the city in the morning. The service standard generally is certainly more CP level than HIX.

Breakfast has become a little more crowded in recent years, which suggests the hotel is becoming generally a bit busier, so I do wonder how long the current rates will continue to hold as a result - but currently I think it's the best value in Toronto.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 11:57 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Hi All!

I'm a Spire Elite... not much, I know, but what are my chances of getting a club room on a points reservation on the Toronto City Center IC?
Old Apr 2, 2016, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Not likely... I've had to negotiate a rate to gain access to lougne as their policy is only one level upgrade

Probs not worth it anyway because no free alcohol due to Licensing laws...free breakfast i suppose

Originally Posted by hungarianhc
Hi All!

I'm a Spire Elite... not much, I know, but what are my chances of getting a club room on a points reservation on the Toronto City Center IC?
Old May 9, 2016, 1:53 pm

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Probs not worth it anyway because no free alcohol due to Licensing laws...
I don't think that's the case. Other properties in Toronto (e.g. Hilton) have free alcohol.
Old May 9, 2016, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Academic
I don't think that's the case. Other properties in Toronto (e.g. Hilton) have free alcohol.
i've always been skeptical about the property claim is is illegal in Toronto

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.