Can one use the Chase Anniversary Free Night for others?

Old May 27, 15, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M
Can one use the Chase Anniversary Free Night for others?

I took a quick look at the T&C and did not notice anything. Tried to book a room with two people and saw the option to add the name of the additional guest. IIRC with Marriott there was a similar restriction so would like to confirm.
Old May 27, 15, 9:16 pm
Suspended

Not transferrable -- Just like the Marriott certificate issued by Chase.
Old May 27, 15, 11:04 pm

Programs: US CP, DL PM, UA Silver, HU/TJ Air Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat (Yay!)
I'd imagine you can add their name to the reservation.

I've stayed in a family members Marriott cert as well by having them phone the hotel and say I was arriving early and checking in.
Old Jun 1, 15, 9:42 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Spire/Amb, SPG Gld, HH Gld
I have never had an issue with relatives with the same last name as me checking in on reservations I made using the Chase cert.

I also use my wife's cert every year to book stays for me, again never any problem.
Old Jun 2, 15, 9:48 pm

Programs: United: 1K, BA: Silver, IHG: Plat, Hyatt: Plat, Marriott: Gold, SPG: Gold, Avis: Chairman
The link on my account to book the free night has gone :-( I had 2 free nights left over from the Into The Night Promo and a Chase free night, but now the 'Free Night Status' link has gone from my account. Anyone else experiencing this?
Old Jun 24, 15, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, PCR Plat/Amb
Originally Posted by travellermatt View Post
The link on my account to book the free night has gone :-( I had 2 free nights left over from the Into The Night Promo and a Chase free night, but now the 'Free Night Status' link has gone from my account. Anyone else experiencing this?
There's a thread about it... quick recap: you need to switch your country to UK, save, go to My Offers to see the tab reappear, then switch your country back to US, save, and it should still be there.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: