Wiki Posts
Search

Intercontinental Estoril Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2015, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG
Intercontinental Estoril Master Thread

This hotel is now available to book from beginning of September. From the few photos available, it does look very nice. Only 59 rooms, but with Club lounge, indoor and outdoor pools, plus all rooms feature a terrace with ocean view.
Old May 10, 2015, 10:22 am

Programs: BA Blue, Priority Club Plat (again!), Marriott Rewards Gold
Booking engine doesn't seem to be working fully, cannot see full list of room types and tariffs nor reward redemptions.

Looks a nice option though. Wonder how many points per night they want?
Old May 10, 2015, 1:43 pm

Nice to see a new Intercontinental. Booking works in full on m.ihg.com.
It is 50000 points per night for the basic room
Old May 10, 2015, 2:03 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Priority Club Plat (again!), Marriott Rewards Gold
Thanks nrgetik, was hoping for 35k like the other Lisbon hotel.

Also, often new hotel have a discount promotion in the early few months.
Old May 16, 2015, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG
Have booked 8 nights for end of September at this property. For RA, booking the base room (Ocean View Superior) gives Club room with lounge access. Looks very nice!
Old May 16, 2015, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
It's on the site of the Hotel Atlantico, which closed in 2007: the building was developed as the Atlantic Estoril Residence before its transformation into the IC.

The site has a rather tight footprint between the busy coastal highway (the Marginal) and the railway line, next to Monte Estoril station.

The Atlantico was a venerable institution, apparently a hotbed of espionage during the second world war, when it hosted Axis representatives. The Allies were centred on the rather nicer Hotel Palacio.

This blog has some photos of the original hotel: http://restosdecoleccao.blogspot.pt/...onte%20Estoril

And for anyone interested in witnessing the demolition of the Atlantico ....
Old Jul 4, 2015, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Just drove past the property today--location is AWESOME, right on the beach, very close to the train station, and midpoint between the towns of Cascais (more modern) and Estoril (perhaps past its best).

Looking at booking options, all rooms seem to be ocean view.

But chances of suite upgrades will probably be small--there are only two.

Last edited by travelexpert; Jul 4, 2015 at 6:40 pm
Old Jul 5, 2015, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by travelexpert
Just drove past the property today--location is AWESOME, right on the beach, very close to the train station, and midpoint between the towns of Cascais (more modern) and Estoril (perhaps past its best).
It has lovely views, but I'm not sure I'd say it was "right on the beach". It's separated from the beach by a railway line and the paredăo, a wide walkway and sea-defence overlooking the beach.

You can get an idea of the hotel viewed from the sea side in this youtube offer. It's in Portuguese, but 0:37 shows the (old) Atlantico on the left.

Old Jul 5, 2015, 4:08 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
I'm planning a trip to Portugal, but seems this is open from 31 july not from september? Hope so as for sure will take a night there to test it.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by christravelblog
I'm planning a trip to Portugal, but seems this is open from 31 july not from september? Hope so as for sure will take a night there to test it.
I would not be surprised if it opened late July. Construction looks complete, signage is up, and residents of the cons purchased prior to the conversion to hotel seems to be living there (lights on, furniture in balconies). Other that the rather elegant rope cordoning off the driveway, it looks ready to go.

EDITL Yep, they're taking reservations for tomorrow. Looks like it's open. Who will be the first to stay there?
Old Jul 20, 2015, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by CaptainMiles

EDITL Yep, they're taking reservations for tomorrow. Looks like it's open. Who will be the first to stay there?
I will stay there mid-August
Old Jul 20, 2015, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Pictures of the hotel can now be seen at : http://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/.../photo-gallery

Pretty nice property.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 3:59 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Pictures of the hotel can now be seen at : http://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/.../photo-gallery

Pretty nice property.
Looks pretty good to me!! But my trip now is cancelled. Will probably go now february 2016.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Currently staying at the hotel, and I can confirm that it is a very nice property:

Full report coming soon
Old Aug 12, 2015, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pictures of the club lounge:

https://twitter.com/nicolas75flyert/...56826778202112

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.