Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IHG Share Forever Summer Promotion - 5/1/15 - 9/7/15 (Americas only)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Share Forever Summer Promotion - 5/1/15 - 9/7/15 (Americas only)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Exclamation IHG Share Forever Summer Promotion - 5/1/15 - 9/7/15 (Americas only)

Promotion page is up but registrations are not taking just yet.

However, terms and conditions are up and here are the most salient and the rest can be found at the website:

2. Eligibility: Share Forever Program (the “Program”) is open to legal residents of Argentina, Aruba, Brazil, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, the fifty (50) United States (and the District of Columbia), Puerto Rico, Uruguay, and Venezuela who are eighteen (18) years old or older and an IHG Rewards Club member.

4.4. Program Participant must provide his/her IHG Rewards Club member number at the time of booking a hotel stay, or else the stay will not count toward completion of the Offer.

4.9. Program Participant only receives credit for Qualified Hotel Night Stays occurring after he/she becomes a Program Participant. Qualified Hotel Night Stays occurring during the Offer Period but prior to registration in the Program will not count toward completion of an Offer.

You must complete each level in order.

6.2.5.Reward Level Five: A choice of one of the following:

6.2.5.1. Twenty-five thousand (25,000) IHG Rewards Club points;

OR

6.2.5.2. One (1) “Free Night” stay at a participating InterContinental Hotels Group property in the Americas (fulfilled as digital code in winner's IHG Rewards Club account). Free Night is valid at hotels in the IHG® Rewards Club Family of Brands in the Americas region only and must be redeemed (and stay must be completed) by June 30, 2016.

Free Night is valid for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes only. Rooms are limited, subject to prior sale and availability of allocated resources and may be unavailable during high demand periods. Free Night may not be transferred, extended beyond the expiration date, redeemed for cash, or re-credited for points. Individual hotel’s cancellation policy applies to the use of the Free Night. Cancellation fees apply if cancellation is made outside of the hotel’s cancellation time period. Free Night rules and regulations are subject to change.
Emphasis added.

Levels 1 - 6 (except 5) are all points earning levels, with Level 2 customized by IHG for you:

6.2.1.Reward Level One: Five Hundred (500) IHG Rewards Club points.

6.2.2.Reward Level Two: The specific number of IHG Rewards Club points set forth on the Program Participant’s IHG Rewards Club account, customized to that Program Participant. The amount of points set forth in Program Participant’s account for this level will not change.

6.2.3.Reward Level Three: Two Thousand (2,000) IHG Rewards Club points.

6.2.4.Reward Level Four: Eight thousand (8,000) IHG Rewards Club points.

6.2.6.Reward Level Six: Thirty thousand (30,000) IHG Rewards Club points.

You also earn points for a friend with each completed level:

Reward Level Gift Offered to a Friend -

One: 500 IHG Rewards Club points

Two: 1,000 IHG Rewards Club points

Three: 2,000 IHG Rewards Club points

Four: Gold Elite Status within the IHG Rewards Club for the remainder of calendar year 2015*

Five: 25,000 IHG points or a Free Night (as described above)

Six: 30,000 IHG Rewards Club points

Significantly, the free night is only to be consumed in the Americas -- which I would interpret to be North/Central/South America, the Caribbean and all 50 US states including Alaska and Hawaii.

So, not as great as ITN, but I would hazard a guess that this promotion is far better than what the competition is going to role out this summer for North American residents, and I say Yay!!!

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Apr 21, 2015 at 5:58 am
Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
After a few web page timeouts, I was able to register.
http://shareforever.ihg.com

My goal is 6 nights, my top threshold is 30K x2 for 20 nights over: "earn up to 71,500 points for you and up to 58,500 points to share" for 26 nights.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 10:41 pm

Sorry if this is a "noob" question, but do stays booked through a travel agent qualify? I know the terms exclude rooms booked through 3rd party websites. I am in my friends wedding this August and his dad is a travel agent, so he did the booking for us.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR

So, not as great as ITN, but I would hazard a guess that this promotion is far better than what the competition is going to role out this summer and I say Yay!!!

I would hazard a guess that for anyone who is not a legal resident of the listed countries this promotion is far worse than what the competition is going to roll out this summer and I say Boo!!!

But thanks for posting
Old Apr 21, 2015, 2:26 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I tried to register on this, but the webpage just took never-ending timeout.

Then I realized that this promo is ONLY targeted for Americas, do I understand it right? Oh well, let's see if they close my account now just for mistakenly trying to enroll myself to this promo
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:31 am

Here is mine, I'm not not sure if I can make it to 54 nights.
34 nights for 34,000 points/1,000 to share
3 nights over 2,000/2,000 to share
6 nights over 8,000/gold status to share
10 nights over 25,000 or free night/25,000 or free night to share
20 nights over 30,000/30,000 to share
99,500 total points and 58,500 to share
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:48 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mnCO
Sorry if this is a "noob" question, but do stays booked through a travel agent qualify? I know the terms exclude rooms booked through 3rd party websites. I am in my friends wedding this August and his dad is a travel agent, so he did the booking for us.
I would say yes, provided you first register for the promotion before the booking is made and second, that your IHG number be submitted when the booking is made.

Anything less will be -- it depends, but strictly speaking from the rules that if these 2 things are not done, you could be denied credit.

Whether that will happen is anybody's guess, so please folks, and this is not directed to the poster, anything not in strict compliance with the above rules, is a crapshoot -- it may get through and be fine and these rules are overly restrictive and not reflective of what the IT systems will record, but then again, they could exactly be and therefore, your stay won't count -- so let's keep the speculative questions not in conformity with the above rules to a minimum!!!

The reason why I have done the above is to try to highlight the major restrictions that the rules present to keep such questions at a minimum!!!

Good luck!

3544quebec -- You are right, I was only speaking as a North American resident. Perhaps it is time for you to move back?
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by FFlash

Then I realized that this promo is ONLY targeted for Americas, do I understand it right? Oh well, let's see if they close my account now just for mistakenly trying to enroll myself to this promo
I agree. Seems to be targetted to restricted geographics.
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FFlash

I can't register as yet, no biggie, I'm sure I will eventually, probably just the web site is swamped.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:20 am

mine:

Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:31 am

This is mine... I think it's achievable if I stay on the weekends at Dulles-area properties that run cheap rates on weekends.

I'll have to run the numbers later. I'm working on my SYS promo, got a Friday-Saturday-Sunday stay this weekend. Hopefully this stay stacks on both promos.

Old Apr 21, 2015, 8:09 am

Programs: Miles&Smiles Gold
Enrollment Date: 04/21/15

Stay 1 Night

For You: 500 points. To Share: 500 points.

Goal: Stay 3 Nights

For You: 3'000 additional points. To Share: 1,000 points.

4 Nights Above Goal

For You: 2'000 additional points. To Share: 2,000 points.

8 Nights Above Goal

For You: 8'000 additional points. To Share: Gold Elite Status.

12 Nights Above Goal

For You: 25'000 additional points or a free night. To Share: 25,000 points or a free night.

30 Nights Above Goal

For You: 30'000 additional points. To Share: 30,000 points.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 9:05 am

For me and my wife, this promo is nowhere near as good as the past 2 promos.

Also, I know reward stays don't count as qualifying stays; I assume points + cash stays don't either, correct?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 9:06 am

Goal 18 nights for 18,000 points

If I stay 38 nights, I can make 83,500 plus sharing 58,000 with someone else. Or trade 25,000 points for 1 free night.

On the bright side, I like that there's less hoops to jump through than Set Your Sights. I am going to achieve 6 of my S.Y.S. 7 tasks to get the bonus points, but only after traveling to 4 countries outside of the US, making 7 different reservations through the IHG app (sometime at a higher cost than rates on the regular web site) and staying 16 nights (and 3 Saturdays). And I refused to book a package with HI Vacations. But I did have to sign up for the IHG Master Card (which on the bright side gives you 80,000 points and a free night).

On the negative side, there is no way I will be able to stay 38 nights to complete all tasks. If I'm lucky, I might make it to 28 days (like I did for S.Y.S.), but to have 1/3 of my qualifying days being at an IHG property seems ridiculous. But I see that others have even more daunting tasks to get everything, so I guess I'm sort of in the upper middle on punishing tasks to complete everything.

Last edited by Jigen666; Apr 21, 2015 at 9:26 am
Old Apr 21, 2015, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Stay 1 Night

For You: 500 points.
To Share: 500 points.

Goal: Stay 17 Nights

For You: 17,000 additional points.
To Share: 1,000 points.

3 Nights Above Goal

For You: 2,000 additional points.
To Share: 2,000 points.

6 Nights Above Goal

For You: 8,000 additional points.
To Share: Gold Elite Status.

10 Nights Above Goal

For You: 25,000 additional points or a free night.
To Share: 25,000 points or a free night.

20 Nights Above Goal

For You: 30,000 additional points.
To Share: 30,000 points.

Somehow ... I can't see 56 nights in four months; 36 would be REALLY pushing it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.