Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Indigo Rome - St. George Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2015, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Anyone have any stays here? Comparing the IC to this new hotel. This hotel looks a bit more modern and wondering if anyone can speak about the hotel.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 6:13 pm

I stayed here last November using points. Nice hotel, good location near Vatican City and Piazza Navona. Public transit (bus) is nearby. It was on a relatively quiet street. There were lots of shops and restaurants within a 5-10 minute walk in any direction. Rooms were modern, but this is a very old building so some of the rooms are small and/or oddly shaped. I enjoyed the neighborhood feel and proximity to most of the tourist sites. Service was excellent.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 9:56 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
We'll be staying there in May, any platinums with experience staying here and getting upgraded?
Old Mar 28, 2015, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Darn, 4th of September is sold out on points. I am at the IC that night again, and will be at this hotel from the 5-7th. It is pricing out very similar to the IC and it is very stylish looking.

45k points a night, a pricier Indigo if I may say. The hotel has only 64 rooms

http://hotelindigorome.com/

I can't wait myself.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Not stayed yet at the hotel.

Location seems to be pleasant, but rooms seem to be rather small (and not really luxurious).

Not quite sure, as a RA, that I will book this hotel (which has the same rate - even more expensive - than IC de La Ville).
Old Mar 29, 2015, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
We stayed here in October. Booked 2 rooms, one a suite (the biggest available at this hotel; I believe there are 6) and a single room. I knew no upgrade was possible on the suite, but figured we'd get some sort of upgrade on the single room, but nothing on that one either. Both rooms were paid stays & I'm Platinum. All we got was a drink voucher each for the roof top bar (only good on wine, so we ended up not using all). It's a nice property and the front desk staff were nice but honestly didn't feel any status recognition at all.
Old May 23, 2015, 7:52 am

Stayed here for 3 nights earlier this month and loved the place.

Best aspects of the hotel are the staff (every staff member that I encountered was helpful, which isn't always the case in Rome) and the terrific rooftop terrace. The location is absolutely ideal for me: in a real neighborhood filled with interesting shops and places for either a serious meal or a quick bite, an easy walk to Campo di Fiori, Piazza Navonna, Castel St Angelo, and St Peter's Square. No particular benefit for Plat except a drink coupon. Even the hotel restaurant -- tucked away in a courtyard -- was surprisingly good and not insanely priced. I much prefer this location to the area filled with hotels near the Spanish Steps.
Old May 23, 2015, 5:24 pm

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR

Booked standard room and got executive room upgrade as platinum member
Old May 25, 2015, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

Very cool to hear this. I am staying at the IC again for 1 night and this hotel for 2 nights. So I am anxious to see what Rome has to offer...the second time around.

Originally Posted by wideman
Stayed here for 3 nights earlier this month and loved the place.

Best aspects of the hotel are the staff (every staff member that I encountered was helpful, which isn't always the case in Rome) and the terrific rooftop terrace. The location is absolutely ideal for me: in a real neighborhood filled with interesting shops and places for either a serious meal or a quick bite, an easy walk to Campo di Fiori, Piazza Navonna, Castel St Angelo, and St Peter's Square. No particular benefit for Plat except a drink coupon. Even the hotel restaurant -- tucked away in a courtyard -- was surprisingly good and not insanely priced. I much prefer this location to the area filled with hotels near the Spanish Steps.
Old May 31, 2015, 5:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond + Ambassador, Accor Gold, Avis President's Club, Heathrow Rewards
I love this hotel. Yes, the rooms are on the small side, but it has a boutique feel that you just don't get from the IC in Rome.

The staff were invariably great and I loved the breakfast in the courtyard garden as well as the bar and rooftop restaurant.

It's within walking distance from the many wonderful restaurants in Trastevere too. And there is a great wine bar called Il Goccetto just around the corner, lovely place.
Old May 31, 2015, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by MNManInKen
I love this hotel. Yes, the rooms are on the small side, but it has a boutique feel that you just don't get from the IC in Rome.

The staff were invariably great and I loved the breakfast in the courtyard garden as well as the bar and rooftop restaurant.

It's within walking distance from the many wonderful restaurants in Trastevere too. And there is a great wine bar called Il Goccetto just around the corner, lovely place.
Did you receive any sort of room upgrade or recognition? Glad you had a good time.
Old May 31, 2015, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Free breakfast for plats?

Originally Posted by MNManInKen

Old Jun 1, 2015, 2:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond + Ambassador, Accor Gold, Avis President's Club, Heathrow Rewards
Originally Posted by ARR72
Did you receive any sort of room upgrade or recognition? Glad you had a good time.
I booked one of the special themed rooms, so didn't think they were upgradeable. I got the usual recognition at reception and got several free drinks offered throughout my stay. I wanted late checkout (late PM) which was allowed without any fuss. They help to arrange a car to/from FCO which helps in avoiding the usual taxi scams at Rome airport.

Originally Posted by factory81
Free breakfast for plats?
I did pay for my breakfast and wasn't expecting anything else.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 10:44 am

Any thoughts on this vs IC?
Old Jul 9, 2015, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

I will be staying here in September. I have stayed at the IC. But on the map - it seems like this (and from personal experience)

IC is;
-right near Spagna metro stop, so transit is super easy
-right near Spanish Steps
-right near expensive retail shops
-A little bit grandiose
-A bit baroque

Hotel Indigo appears to be;
-more secluded (in a real neighborhood)
-more center to everything - while not literally being in front of it (kind of like how the IC is almost in front of the Spanish Steps).
-more modern

Originally Posted by VizeL
Any thoughts on this vs IC?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.