2015 Pointbreaks discussion

Old Feb 20, 2015, 6:03 pm

Since there is activity on this thread, I've just changed my subscription to instant notification.

One booking tip I've used twice since the two-reservation limit was announced is to make the first reservation for one night, and the other nights all in the second. That way, you have flexibility on your arrival, especially if something goes wrong. A missed flight, you don't lose the whole reservation.

I'm in BKK now, hoping for some of those exotic locations I could never take advantage of before.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 8:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
So...no preview list today(Friday). Does that mean pointsbreaks are still going live Monday or will it be next week?

The current/last set of pointsbreaks allows bookings up until the 28th.. so maybe it will be next week?
Old Feb 20, 2015, 10:41 pm

It's easier if you have a +1. Just got back from a few weeks in the Gulf States and have to say that the last round of pointbreaks really did the trick there ^
Old Feb 21, 2015, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by Enigma368
So...no preview list today(Friday). Does that mean pointsbreaks are still going live Monday or will it be next week?

The current/last set of pointsbreaks allows bookings up until the 28th.. so maybe it will be next week?
So one can book from the preview. Also if one books the hotel now and it shows up on pointsbreak later on do they adjust points charged?
Old Feb 21, 2015, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
So one can book from the preview.

Also if one books the hotel now and it shows up on pointsbreak later on do they adjust points charged?
Good luck with either of these two options.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Good luck with either of these two options.
Thank you for your wishes.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 5:59 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
So one can book from the preview. Also if one books the hotel now and it shows up on pointsbreak later on do they adjust points charged?
The hotels on pointsbreaks are not bootable at the PB rate until it goes live, existing bookings are not changed. You need to book when it goes live.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by markis10
The hotels on pointsbreaks are not bootable at the PB rate until it goes live, existing bookings are not changed. You need to book when it goes live.
Thanks, I will wait to find out if the list fits my needs.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 8:27 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
2015 Pointbreaks discussion

Long shot, but downtown Toronto would be great this time around... 45 minutes out like the last few times .. Boring !
Old Feb 22, 2015, 7:13 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Preview list just lets you prepare for what you want to book before availability runs out. You can't book the pointsbreak rate until it goes live.

Right now, it seems nobody knows if pointsbreaks is going live tomorrow or whether it will be next Monday?
Old Feb 22, 2015, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by Enigma368
Preview list just lets you prepare for what you want to book before availability runs out. You can't book the pointsbreak rate until it goes live.

Right now, it seems nobody knows if pointsbreaks is going live tomorrow or whether it will be next Monday?
And the list will be valid for 2 or 3 months, I gather. And its for booking and staying during these months, right? I would need some nights in June so this list would be too early I guess?
Old Feb 22, 2015, 12:04 pm

And the list will be valid for 2 or 3 months, I gather. And its for booking and staying during these months, right? I would need some nights in June so this list would be too early I guess?
This list is too early yes, will conclude at the end of May.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 1:50 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
http://loyaltylobby.com/2015/02/22/i...eres-the-list/

Who moved my PointsBreak preview?

Flights booked to Bangkok end of March so the destination is set but not the hotel. Despite the military coup the new hotels (and PointsBreaks) are aplenty.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 2:33 pm

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
Originally Posted by view-with-a-room
http://loyaltylobby.com/2015/02/22/i...eres-the-list/

Who moved my PointsBreak preview?

Flights booked to Bangkok end of March so the destination is set but not the hotel. Despite the military coup the new hotels (and PointsBreaks) are aplenty.
Me too but only if its Hotel Indigo (or better )
Old Feb 22, 2015, 10:06 pm

New list will be out Wednesday.

http://loyaltylobby.com/2015/02/22/s...5-may-31-2015/

HT: DDF

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.